Honda Lawn Mower ,where to buy ?

Nicebus

Hi there.

Anyone know where I can buy a medium sized Honda Lawmower ?

Either Ubon, Yasothon, Roie Et or Kon Kaen area.

Anyone actually seen one .?

I know I can try Homepro , Global etc, but if anyone has actually seen one at a shop would be good.

Travel to buy is no prob.

Thanks

Hi there.
Anyone know where I can buy a medium sized Honda Lawmower ?
Either Ubon, Yasothon, Roie Et or Kon Kaen area.
Anyone actually seen one .?
I know I can try Homepro , Global etc, but if anyone has actually seen one at a shop would be good.
Travel to buy is no prob.
Thanks
Hi there. Just yestetday I was out front of Home Hub on Chaiyangkhun Road and they have a Honda lawnmower out front on display. I didn't ask the cost but take a look at that. They are located right opposite the newish Honda Big Wing shop just down from the ESSO petrol station on the opposite side.
I would also be interested in the cost if you have a look.
Cheers

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Hi there. Just yestetday I was out front of Home Hub on Chaiyangkhun Road and they have a Honda lawnmower out front on display. I didn't ask the cost but take a look at that. They are located right opposite the newish Honda Big Wing shop just down from the ESSO petrol station on the opposite side.
Cheers

PS. If it's out of your way let me know and I will check it out. It's only up the road from my restaurant so it's not a problem.

On the same Chaiyangkun road in Ubon, halfway between John's Spago restaurant and the above mentioned Home Hub, is Essan Motors (opposite the Siam Com Bank and Tokyo Hotel). I bought a petrol Honda lawnmower there last year for I think a price of about 13,000 baht. It is fairly large but cuts beautifully. I noticed at the same time a smaller one, but is looked too light for my needs.

Essan motors is very good as they will service your mower and replace parts on the spot. They have their own mechanics out the back. 

With my mower all the instruction booklets were in Chinese. No English; no Thai. I went to ask them why that was, and their reply was that was the only booklet that came with the mower!

• Like 1

Your local builders supplier, if he sells electrical tools etc, can order you one. I bought a HRJ 216 self propelled mower, 28,000 Baht, from my builder supplier. I live in a village and it took one week from order to delivery.

• Like 1

Honda Power Products sell one genuine model in Thailand. The HRJ216K2.  A great machine in my opinion. The warranty on genuine Honda can be honored WITHOUT a run around at any Honda Power Products service center in Thailand.  This model can easily be shipped to any province in Thailand. It will start on the very first pull of the four stroke Honda petrol engine. The director of Honda Power Products Thailand speaks English and is the tallest person in the photo below. He is Japanese and uses a translator on the far right. 

Genuine Honda HRJ216K2 lawn mower Thailand delivery.jpg

Buriram Honda Brush Cutter authorized dealer.JPG

3 hours ago, kamalabob2 said:

A great machine in my opinion.

Nah, the blades on the HRJ216 are kick back blades. They don't last long and are quite expensive to replace. About 700+ Baht each, of which you require 2. They're about twice the price here compared to those sold in Australia. In any other country you get a choice from at least 7 different Honda models. Whereas, in Thailand Honda only gives you the one the HRJ216. So why is that? IMO Thailand is the dumping ground for the HRJ216 because of the crap kick back blades. :smile:

10 years ago, I bought a brand of mower I can't remember (I think it sounded Japanese) but it had a Honda engine. The sticker of the brand has long since gone away, but the mower still starts on the first or second pull. AMAZINGLY, it looks just like the one in the above photo, except mine is red & has a hard plastic bin for the clippings. The engine is identical to mine.

It did have the annoying blades the previous poster mentioned, and I suffered aggravation with those for 8 years, but I replaced it with a solid steel blade I bought at a local hardware store. It was a shade to long, so I got out my grinder & cut off 1/4 in on each side & balanced the blade.

I don't know where Rally 123 bought his replacement blade parts, but the 3 times or so that I replaced mine, they were about 150 Bt for a bag with 2 new blade ends, new nuts, bolts & washers.

You don't really need to pay the extra Baht for a Honda BRAND mower, but you definitely want a mower with the Honda OHV 4 stroke engine.

Edited by Tagaa
  • Like 1

The OP requested where to buy a Honda lawn mower (not too big) in either Ubon, Yasothon, Roi Et or Khon Kaen areas. So why all the information in other provinces, like Mahasarakham and the Japanese Power Products Service centres? I have never seen this centre in Ubon. I doubt very much such a centre would be in Yasothon, Roiet or Khon Kaen. Maybe I am wrong.

But this I know for sure. Honda lawners can be purchased in Ubon. Whether or not they are the genuine machine remains to be seen. Both big and small.  My one works well. Purrs along. I would never buy a lawn mower from one of these big hardware stores. Buy it from a small dealer who stocks spare parts, sells spark plugs, sells the honda oil filters, sells the cutting blades, sells the proper engine oil, has staff that can service the lawn mower and so on. That way, the lawn mower should last for at least 20 years. 

11 minutes ago, Tagaa said:

10 years ago, I bought a brand of mower I can't remember (I think it sounded Japanese) but it had a Honda engine. The sticker of the brand has long since gone away, but the mower still starts on the first or second pull. AMAZINGLY, it looks just like the one in the above photo, except mine is red & has a hard plastic bin for the clippings. The engine is identical to mine.

It did have the annoying blades the previous poster mentioned, and I suffered aggravation with those for 8 years, but I replaced it with a solid steel blade I bought at a local hardware store. It was a shade to long, so I got out my grinder & cut off 1/4 in on each side & balanced the blade.

I don't know where Rally 123 bought his replacement blade parts, but the 3 times or so that I replaced mine, they were about 150 Bt for a bag with 2 new blade ends, new nuts, bolts & washers.

You don't really need to pay the extra Baht for a Honda BRAND mower, but you definitely want a mower with the Honda OHV 4 stroke engine.

Just seen your post. I agree. My lawn mower has a Honda engine but the frame says Rover? The instruction manual was only in Chinese. Go figure. However, it works well. We are talking about cutting home lawns not a golf putting green. 

22 hours ago, AliasJohn said:

Cheers

Thanks mate.

Please excuse my ignorance but where actually is this ?

Is it in any of the provinces mentioned in my original post ?

Thanks

12 hours ago, Michael Hare said:

The OP requested where to buy a Honda lawn mower (not too big) in either Ubon, Yasothon, Roi Et or Khon Kaen areas. So why all the information in other provinces, like Mahasarakham and the Japanese Power Products Service centres? I have never seen this centre in Ubon. I doubt very much such a centre would be in Yasothon, Roiet or Khon Kaen. Maybe I am wrong.

But this I know for sure. Honda lawners can be purchased in Ubon. Whether or not they are the genuine machine remains to be seen. Both big and small.  My one works well. Purrs along. I would never buy a lawn mower from one of these big hardware stores. Buy it from a small dealer who stocks spare parts, sells spark plugs, sells the honda oil filters, sells the cutting blades, sells the proper engine oil, has staff that can service the lawn mower and so on. That way, the lawn mower should last for at least 20 years. 

Thanks Michael.

As mentioned in one of the posts is Essan Motors the place to go to for a medium Honda in Ubon ?

Cheers

1 minute ago, Nicebus said:

Thanks Michael.

As mentioned in one of the posts is Essan Motors the place to go to for a medium Honda in Ubon ?

Cheers

I have used Issan motors for more that 15 years, the repair guys do a great job. They keep many Honda parts and if not in stock can obtain very fast from Bangkok. If you purchase from them they will stand by the warranty period stated.

Its always best to make the purchase from an outlet that can do the repairs and keeps the spares.

1 hour ago, Isan Farang said:

I have used Issan motors for more that 15 years, the repair guys do a great job. They keep many Honda parts and if not in stock can obtain very fast from Bangkok. If you purchase from them they will stand by the warranty period stated.

Its always best to make the purchase from an outlet that can do the repairs and keeps the spares.

Couldn't agree more.

Thanks , ill be paying them a visit soon.

Cheers

2 minutes ago, Nicebus said:

Couldn't agree more.

Thanks , ill be paying them a visit soon.

Cheers

FYI parking can be an issue if you enter from the main road, their shop extends back to the road behind and they have their own small parking area there if required.

14 hours ago, Michael Hare said:

So why all the information in other provinces

Why not? He asks about a 'medium size mower' in his post and we/others have just pointed out the restrictions applying to Honda mowers sold in Thailand. 

14 hours ago, Tagaa said:

Honda OHV 4 stroke engine.

All are Chinese built.

14 hours ago, Tagaa said:

I bought my blades from the store 'Kalamabob2' works in. If you could be so kind as to where you get yours from please. 150 Bt for 2 new blades? You're having a laugh.

From a post by 'In the jungle'  

(ii)  The blades are high quality but hideously expensive from Thai Honda dealers at around 1900 Baht the pair.  I get my blades from Honda dealers in Australia.  Exactly the same part at 300 Baht the pair.

Edited by Rally123

8 minutes ago, Isan Farang said:

FYI parking can be an issue if you enter from the main road, their shop extends back to the road behind and they have their own small parking area there if required.

Be careful when parking near Esaan Motors on Chayangkun Road. On a Sunday morning I got my wheels locked by a cop. 500 baht to get it released.

Thanks mate.
Thanks
Ubon Ratchathani main city.
Just down from the ESSO petrol station on the opposite side.

I observe genuine Honda parts can be made in Japan, Thailand or other countries. The store in Isaan you buy parts for your Honda brush cutter, Honda water pump or Honda HRJ216K2 lawn mower can offer you genuine Honda parts. Same store which sell made in the USA Troy Bilt lawn mowers can offer genuine made in the USA parts. Store owners make choices of what scope of parts to stock or willingness to source genuine parts. I observe it is far too easy for lazy store staff in Thailand to say "no have" or to put zero effort to source genuine replacement parts. 

Honda lawn mower parts Japan in Buriram Thailand.jpg

Honda engine Japanese parts Buriram Thailand.jpg

Briggs & Stratton USA parts in Buriram Thailand.jpg

• Like 1

Rally123 might not fully understand how Honda sourced parts for the HRJ216K2.  Some parts are in fact made in Japan. Most parts made in China. The machine is assembled in China in a Honda Power Products plant. Same situation with the three Honda brush cutters assembled in Thailand. Many parts sourced in Thailand, some in Japan and some in China. Similar to how a Honda auto has parts from various tier one suppliers. My post today is regarding how some stares sell the genuine Honda parts and many stores sell alternative brands which may not be at all up to the specs of Honda. I've toured the Honda Power Tools assembly plant in Thailand in 2016.  I believe Rally123 has posted a photo of the genuine Honda lawn mower blades for a Honda HRJ216K2.  

• Like 1

Years ago the Honda HRJ216 self propelled lawn mower had a single cutting blade feature. For several years twin blades as been the normal Honda HRJ216K2 blade configuration. In 2018 in Buriram they in fact stock made in Japan genuine Honda HRJ216 lawn mower blades of the old style. They also have in stock the current made in China twin cutting blades.  I  know expats in Thailand who have modified Honda lawn mowers to accept the made in Japan longer cutting blade. 

Honda HRJ216 lawn mower blade made in Japan in Buriram.jpg

10 hours ago, Nicebus said:

Thanks mate.

Thanks

Ubon Ratchathani City. Just down from the ESSO petrol station on the opposite side.