Best bang for buck

oval

Bang for the buck with a new car is probably the Suzuki Swift starting under 500k. Note that they do scrimp on the airbags with only two.

It's weird that car manufacturers get away with scrimping on safety features on low priced cars. My Mazda 2 has only a drivers airbag. I realize now buying the cheapest model was a mistake.

I'd go for maximum airbags in this crazy country. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pinot said:

Bang for the buck with a new car is probably the Suzuki Swift starting under 500k. Note that they do scrimp on the airbags with only two.

It's weird that car manufacturers get away with scrimping on safety features on low priced cars. My Mazda 2 has only a drivers airbag. I realize now buying the cheapest model was a mistake.

I'd go for maximum airbags in this crazy country. 

wrong for the swift:

swift_th_008.jpg

http://www.headlightmag.com/spec-option-new-suzuki-swift-thailand/

According to Naam, the best and most convenient car to drive in Thailand is his Bentley!

Check with him for more information if you are interested...

Otherwise, I would say that it depends on many factors, one of them being how and where you plan to use the car.

If you are in a city and mostly stick around, a small car like the Suzuki Swift is a good choice.

But if you are going to drive back and forth from, say, Bangkok to Chiang Mai or Phuket, a pick-up or SUV retrofitted like a reinforced Batmobile may be more appropriate...

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

More PC garbage - people who do not know how to drive fast kill themselves, and others.

but if they were not driving fast their is less chance of being involved in an accident. more than one report in the UK of agricultural tractors pulling out out of fields etc onto main roads and because they are naturally slow half way out when an idiot breaking the speed comes along and either smashes in to them or swerves round the front causing an accident with oncoming vehicles

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

More PC garbage - people who do not know how to drive fast kill themselves, and others.

I know how to drive fast. Its easy. U just press the gas pedal more and more with your foot.......:crazy:!        

Edited by SunsetT
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

I know how to drive fast. Its easy. U just press the gas pedal more and more with your foot.......:crazy:!        

Petrol cars are faster than LPG btw

Get a Tesla, electricity is fairly cheap in Thailand (excluding my condo rates!) 

5 hours ago, maxipeon said:

And btw thailand is a crazy country but only 13% of the dead on the road for 4wheel car user. 

AccidentsByTypeOfVehicle.gif

It's like any other countries, most of the death are for the 2wheelers, but here there is a shit ton of 2wheelers.

Yes, but those statistics are misleading.

When Thais drive their pickups and Fortunas around bends only 2 wheels usually touch the ground, hence they are not counted in the 4 wheel section.

9 minutes ago, Denim said:

Yes, but those statistics are misleading.

When Thais drive their pickups and Fortunas around bends only 2 wheels usually touch the ground, hence they are not counted in the 4 wheel section.

these statistics indicate with which vehicle people are dying. Not how.

4 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

Best bang for your buck is to buy a pickup truck - when you bang you have more buck around you to protect you. A pissy little car like some suggest wouldn't last 2 seconds in an collision. 

It's not entirely true. It's depend of the collision against a smaller car you win, against a wall you lose. :D

1 hour ago, rvaviator said:

I am looking for a 4 door pickup - with 50000km on the clock - give and take a bit .... What make model should I look for and what will it cost me ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Maybe you should give an idea of how much you want to spend. They are all pretty reliable, I doubt if there's a clear winner in answer to your question.

Edited by giddyup

Mrs J's Civic RS is pretty quick ... if you can pick up a year old Civic Turbo, or better still a new one, that would be my suggestion ... then if it isn't quick enough for you go and see Ritter at ECUThailand ..............

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Doesn't come in 4 door?

Four doors are poof.

We are talking macho here not family man. When Ferrari make a four door sports car then the world as we know it is dead and buried.

Edited by Denim