Hundreds gather at Bangkok's Democracy Monument to demand election

rooster59

1 minute ago, isaanbanhou said:

Teerak, get me my brown shirt, I am going out with my mates.

Oh and Teerak, remember when my mates are around, you are my housekeeper otherwise they won t let me go to the whites only rally we are having in Lakemba. 

more insults - is that all you libs have got?

no logical well-formed dialogue supporting an opinion?

silly questions :cheesy:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ELVIS123456 said:

not an insult - statement of facts gained by a quick check of your previous posts.

all you seem to do is insult Thais, Junta and anyone who disagrees.

maybe I missed some??

Which Thais do I insult, exactly? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FreddieRoyle said:

The people have been so patient it's incredible. This latest Somyot and Prawit corruption megascandals - and the obscene handling of them -  are yet another kick in the teeth for the average Thai. Time for elections is now, the army government has totally failed. 

elections?

maybe another coup is more likely

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Becker said:

Gotta love the guys who claim to know what large parts of the Thai population thinks and at the same time they support a military junta that does not want the people to voice their opinions either through voting or freedom of exoression.

You have got to admire that kind of reality disconnect!

"You have got to admire pity that kind of reality disconnect!"

I thought a correction was in order.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Since when have you been the judge to say who is or isn't?    Because I hated the PTP and the Thaksin lot did not qualify me to being a PM lover.    With you being new,  how would you know  ??   changed your name  ??? 

I'm not new, and I know you defended the junta tooth and nail, using everything except facts and logic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I have a feeling it's gonna take more than "100s"...

"100s" they can accommodate in jail, "1000s" might be  tougher :)

For every protester there are hundreds, probably thousands that agree.  These people are brave.  Very heartening to see.  Considering Thai culture especially.  I'm impressed.  

• Like 2

"Peaceful expression is the right of every citizen ... I strongly disagree with the actions of the police and those in power to try to impose ... charges against the groups," Phumtham Wechayachai, the party's secretary-general, said in an open letter on Monday.

YES THIS!  <3 <3  :partytime2:

I think the military has served the people well,as interim government. They've been up against the systemic corrupt bureaucracy that's been the nemesis of this countries potential(that's including their own corruption). Yes, they've only scratched the surface, but have demonstrated that the resolution of rehabilitating their systems will take decades.  Stacking the Senate is a good move as the average Thai is not sophisticated enough, not to be fooled to vote for one who promises the shiniest object. Hopefully it will be a deterrent when illogical programs like the "rice deal", and incompetent leaders like Yingluk endorse policies that make a select few (ThaiChai) richer at the price of future Thai generations.Imo
    IMO, Prayut never wanted to be leader, but at his age realized he was called upon by fate. He had two choices. Make a difference or cash in......I believe he chose the former.          Of course people are maneuvered as pawns to protest by those who miss having their hand in the bank....I just hope that the new constitution will have enough checks n balances to protect the Thai people.

You mean shiny things like the 100 billion bht Thai Niyom scheme that the junta just pushed through? Yes, lucky that illogical populist schemes by incompetent leaders have been stopped...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

will someone give me some logical and coherent thoughts to support their opinion that the junta is bad and democracy is good.

i have given just a few examples of countries where military/monarchy was replaced by a democracy and it has been a disaster.

the past is a great predictor for the future, and is a far better test than "my teacher told me it was so".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I'm not new, and I know you defended the junta tooth and nail, using everything except facts and logic.

Sorry Democracy lover,  if you call  Thaksin regime democracy.  Drugs  --buying off electorate-- amnesty-- running the job from Dubai, with his sister not even able to govern--then the rice--tablets for every kid-------we do not have to go there again.    Red army taking over BKK.    I was happy when Yingluck was got rid of and her corrupt cabnet.   The army was near the best alternative, as a snap election ordered by Thaksin to get Yingluck back to pull his strings. Then we have to compare  your interpretation that the PM is gagging the people---Just remember when Thaksin controlled Thai Rak Thai---all the TV -media,  so elections are not an answer everytime--but it's nice to say elections for democracy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ELVIS123456 said:

will someone give me some logical and coherent thoughts to support their opinion that the junta is bad and democracy is good.

i have given just a few examples of countries where military/monarchy was replaced by a democracy and it has been a disaster.

the past is a great predictor for the future, and is a far better test than "my teacher told me it was so".

Allow me to repeat myself.

11 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Facts such as corruption has increased since the coup, elections have been promised "next year" every year since the coup, freedom of speech, press and association are still banned, the protests were dying of apathy when the military staged a coup to prevent an election.... 

Are those the kind of facts you are referring to?

Your examples of countries that were better off under military rule specifically mentioned Idi Amin, Ghadafi, and Saddam Hussein.  Libya may be an outlier, but I'm confident the majority of people in Uganda and Iraq don't want their tyrants back.

Every stable and prosperous democracy in the world was at one time under military or monarchy rule.  There may be exceptions, but I can't think of any.  Democracy isn't a sure thing, but it has better odds than military rule.

• Like 2