Noisy Motorbike Exhausts

darksidedog

25 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

You can say it until you are blue in the face.....nothing will happen......get over it and save your breath and fingers.

Wear ear plugs or move somewhere more suited to your desired lifestyle. Thailand isn't going to change for you.

Do you honestly believe that that I think Thailand is going to change for me? I am just giving my opinion on the selfish scum who get their motorbikes and cars souped up to make an unnecessary racket. If someone wears earplugs when they are sitting talking to each other, they will not be able to hear what is being said, but I don't expect you to understand that. Now let's just agree to disagree and bring this debate to an end. There are no winners here. I have nothing more to say on the subject.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loud pipes.

That old chestnut again.

5 pages and counting

Yawn.....

Goodness is that the time?

Must go and fire up 'Ol Beelzebub, pipes made by Satan himself in the darkest corner of Hell.

Now off to piss all the neighbors off.

Do have a nice day old chaps.

ps, don't forget your ear plugs..... Toodlepip..

20170417_115722.thumb.jpg.800bb2dd6742f3f627f5857ee7504168.jpg

I have a louder exhaust on mine.  A Termignoni with db killer out.  It is a deeper sound and more throaty without being excessive, in my opinion.

Personally, it has brought attention to drivers that were veering into me that would have otherwise assumed I was a scooter.

Yes, I have a louder horn which was commented on before, but it a panic moment, a blip of the throttle is quicker to get yourself noticed than fumbling for the horn which is in the wrong place on the Africa Twin.

If you're lucky, a driver will acknowledge the 'roadrunner' horn, but many do not.

As a car driver, If I can hear a motorcycle behind me a few cars back, that is better than pulling into them with my blind spot.  Personally, I have been side-swiped by two drivers who did not use their mirrors or check their blind spot.  One cut two lanes at Lumpini Park and nearly forcing me off the bike.  The numpty wasn't even aware of what he did until I banged on his window.  The other brain dead idiot cut 2 lanes near Crystal Design when he realised he nearly over-shot his left turn, knocking me into another car.

One thing you have to remember is that most Thai drivers only focus what they can see in front of them.  Anything you have in your armoury to get you noticed in busy traffic is a good thing.  While I agree some exhausts are excessive, especially low CC bikes with stupid systems, I would rather take every step possible to stay alive on the madness of Thai roads.  Sometimes that means not riding at all.

2 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Who did the reading,or are you confusing it with that from the decibel meter?

What people with ostentatiously loud exhausts imagine people think...."Look at that cool dude on his cool machine".

What they are in fact thinking...." What an attention seeking prick !"

Remember the adage "Empty vessels make most noise". 

I think that could equally apply to your post.

i was really picky about the sound, i totally did not want to give BIB another reason to

charge me, so i asked my mechanic several times over about the sound to make damn sure

it wasnt over limit.

i also agree with the gist of the thread, i've seen some really dumb bikers with modded

pipes, (the illegal kind of pipes), that, for some reason, decided to have their engines on

at the koh chang resort from 2 am to 5 am, right next to our bungalows

2 hours ago, tryasimight said:

I think that could equally apply to your post.

Thus confirming my suspicions about your lack of IQ when the best counter argument you can conjure up is a childish paraphrase of "No,you are!". Perhaps the loud exhausts you're so keen on has taken its toll on what remains of the grey matter?

4 hours ago, tryasimight said:

My IQ is more than double that....what's yours?

With such a thoughtful and well articulated and unoriginal post......I guess yours would be struggling to hit triple digits.

Keep the flames coming guys as its amusing to see people who have had zero power and influence in their lives try to actually be somebody in their world of fantasy on the internet.

Ah,that would be the world of fantasy internet medium that you are here using yourself? I guess irony is a lost cause for you.

On 2/13/2018 at 6:57 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess soon we will have comments like:

My exhaust is louder than yours.

No, my one is much louder, ...

How old are you? Do we really need this?

...students have this already...

How old are you guys?  The vast majority of you come across as old men whinging from your barstool at the local brothel saying I can't hear because the motorcycles are too loud.  :smile:

It never ceases to amaze me how foreigners relentlessly complain about everything here.  Visit any forum topic and it's a whingefest about something.  

For the ones who wonder why peopIe swap out exhausrs, I changed mine as I added an EFI timing control module, a high flow air cleaner and to make it run efficient the exhaust was changed. It's louder but not excessive. Modifying a moto, car or truck has been happening since the first combustion engine was made.

8 minutes ago, JAFO said:

How old are you guys?  The vast majority of you come across as old men whinging from your barstool at the local brothel saying I can't hear because the motorcycles are too loud.  :smile:

It never ceases to amaze me how foreigners relentlessly complain about everything here.  Visit any forum topic and it's a whingefest about something.  

For the ones who wonder why peopIe swap out exhausrs, I changed mine as I added an EFI timing control module, a high flow air cleaner and to make it run efficient the exhaust was changed. It's louder but not excessive. Modifying a moto, car or truck has been happening since the first combustion engine was made.

AHOY!!!! (you're obviously as deaf as a post....)

How many motorcycles in Thailand ? Domestic manufacturing stats for Dec 2017 say 131,000.

So - if the number holds, lets just say there are 1.3 million, produced here, figures for the last 10 years. Which excludes all bikes older than that, all bikes made prior to manufacturing began here, of which there are a lot as 60 million people live in LOS.

How many have been modified with a loud exhaust ? I bet way way way less than 1 percent.

So all the Whiners, Moaners, Bar Stool Prophets, old farts who have as the highlight of their week a trip to Big C and a meal at the food court ...

If It's Too Loud You're Too Old

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

Because topics that people don't like have some aspects to be discussed, so of course that's what you will find on a web board where people discuss topics.

If i would open a thread like "Today i went out, i paid 20THB for a motorbike taxi and 40THB for my food, and after i got a haircut for 80THB, Thailand is so cheap" This is of course true, but why should i write about it here? There is nothing to be discussed and people are aware of this

11 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

How many motorcycles in Thailand ? Domestic manufacturing stats for Dec 2017 say 131,000.

So - if the number holds, lets just say there are 1.3 million, produced here, figures for the last 10 years. Which excludes all bikes older than that, all bikes made prior to manufacturing began here, of which there are a lot as 60 million people live in LOS.

How many have been modified with a loud exhaust ? I bet way way way less than 1 percent.

So all the Whiners, Moaners, Bar Stool Prophets, old farts who have as the highlight of their week a trip to Big C and a meal at the food court ...

If It's Too Loud You're Too Old

Absurd - take a trip to Mae Phim any weekend and then offer something accurate and constructive

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

And obviously you did all this only to make it run efficient...

Enjoy the ride!

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And obviously you did all this only to make it run efficient...

Enjoy the ride!

Well yeah and of course more power and to have some fun.  

I was thinking I need to whinge more on TVF.  At what age does this behavior start.....:smile:

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Amen and that is the truth. I suspect the vast majority of whiners are old coffin dodgers. They show up in every thread in every section complaining about Food, Thai people, the Govt, double pricing, discrimination against foreigners, their extended families, blah blah. 

It's clear they were most likely miserable back in their home country and now are here and it took no time for them to start on about everything here.

Whinge on....whinge on.  :smile:

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/02/2018 at 11:46 AM, NE1 said:

So I suppose there will be a purge on for a couple of weeks , then everything goes back to normal.

A couple of weeks???? You mean 24 hours? Isn't that the normal in this country when so many policemen are in inactive posts?

On 12/02/2018 at 8:19 AM, Formaleins said:

You are not wrong there! I know a young lad that was fined 1600 Baht, the bike was detained until he removed the exhaust, then the cops smashed it to bits with hammers - Chiang Mai. I agree with an earlier poster too, the constant thumping of deafening overloud Thai music is far more disturbing than the occasional blast of a loud bike. Most of it is just young kids being young kids.

I did not think I would ever be saying this, but well done the cops.

36 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I did not think I would ever be saying this, but well done the cops.

Yes, well done illegaly destroying private property. Also what happened after they removed the muffler? He rode the bike home with an open pipe? Yea that'll help with noise :)

What they should have done instead is fine him (or even better make him do some community work like cleaning the roadside of trash) and make him put back the original muffler. He should be allowed to get back the other muffler and sell it, use it off road in his farm or whatever use he can put it to as long as it's legal.

I'd like to see them taking off and smashing some 100k THB aftermarket exhaust from a Panigale because it's not road legal. Oh they wouldn't dare because they know full well they might have to pay for it? I guess they can only do it with poor uneducated kids who don't know their rights.

I don't like loud scooter exhausts one bit. But I also don't like police overstepping their authority. That's never going to achieve fair and reasonable justice.

34 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Yes, well done illegaly destroying private property. Also what happened after they removed the muffler? He rode the bike home with an open pipe? Yea that'll help with noise :)

What they should have done instead is fine him (or even better make him do some community work like cleaning the roadside of trash) and make him put back the original muffler. He should be allowed to get back the other muffler and sell it, use it off road in his farm or whatever use he can put it to as long as it's legal.

I'd like to see them taking off and smashing some 100k THB aftermarket exhaust from a Panigale because it's not road legal. Oh they wouldn't dare because they know full well they might have to pay for it? I guess they can only do it with poor uneducated kids who don't know their rights.

I don't like loud scooter exhausts one bit. But I also don't like police overstepping their authority. That's never going to achieve fair and reasonable justice.

"Yes, well done illegaly destroying private property". 

Since when did the Thai police and their Lt Cols and Maj Gens etc, bother about what is legal or illegal? :cheesy:

I do agree with your post, though I would like to see the exceptional noisy bikes taken of the riders and confiscated.

2 hours ago, eisfeld said:

If he gets back the loud exhaust it will not take long before it is on the bike again.

You are right about destroying private property but I am pretty sure they could legally confiscate it and never give it back.

Personally if I would see my exhaust expensive destroyed it would hurt me and I don't want to get hurt again so I wouldn't do that again - at least for some time...

I guess now I can afford it but if that amount will hurt most teenagers a lot.

50 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If he gets back the loud exhaust it will not take long before it is on the bike again.

You are right about destroying private property but I am pretty sure they could legally confiscate it and never give it back.

Personally if I would see my exhaust expensive destroyed it would hurt me and I don't want to get hurt again so I wouldn't do that again - at least for some time...

I guess now I can afford it but if that amount will hurt most teenagers a lot.

If he puts it back, then he should get caught again and this time double the punishment. Sooner or later he'd learn the lesson. Similar to how many developed countries have a points system where repeated offenders get punished more severely. They could probably confiscate the muffler as evidence but they'd have to do that together with the bike and only as long as the case is going on. That would hurt also quite a bit. In my opinion that would be excessive because some pople depend on their bike. There is no need to destroy property really.

But as always this is all theoretical and it comes back to many laws not being properly enforced and if there's enforcement then most likely to get some cash out of it instead of a genuine wish to make life better for the majority.

Archived