CBD oil

Xaos

On the official Thailand FDA website http://permitfortraveler.fda.moph.go.th/ you can put medications into the Check the Drug section. The responses for cannabis and cannabis oil are very different. response:

Cannabis

Prohibited Narcotics

Narcotics

The drug is classified as a narcotic drug of category 1, 4, or 5 according to Narcotics Act B.E. 2522. The importation of narcotic drugs of category 1, 4, or 5 is prohibited. The prohibition includes the cases that patients carry those medications for personal use during traveling. For this reason we cannot issue the permit for anyone to carry narcotic drugs in category 1, 4, or 5 for personal use.

I have also done it for cannabis oil and this is a very different response:

General drug Cannabis Oil

The drug is not classified as a narcotic drug or psychotropic substance according to Narcotics Act B.E. 2522. Therefore, a patient under treatment can carry this medication into Thailand for personal use in a quantity NOT EXCEEDIND 30 DAYS OF PRESCRIBED USAGE.

The application for a permit from Thai FDA does not required

9GZqugQ.png

Edited by Xaos
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I would be careful with that response as it is automatically computer generated in response to having entered anything other than exact spelling of something on yhe narcotis list.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well its pointing towards opposite what every expert here says.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

You will get the same generated response if you enter pure gibberish letters. It is a computer program looki g for matches.

Cannabis is a category 5 narcotic in all of its forms.

Call the FDA Narcotic division if you don't believe me.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No you will not.

Cannabis and Cannabidiol Aka CBD are 2 different things.

The responses for cannabis and cannabis oil are very different. response:

Cannabis

Prohibited Narcotics

Narcotics

The drug is classified as a narcotic drug of category 1, 4, or 5 according to Narcotics Act B.E. 2522. The importation of narcotic drugs of category 1, 4, or 5 is prohibited. The prohibition includes the cases that patients carry those medications for personal use during traveling. For this reason we cannot issue the permit for anyone to carry narcotic drugs in category 1, 4, or 5 for personal use.

General drug Cannabis Oil CBD

The drug is not classified as a narcotic drug or psychotropic substance according to Narcotics Act B.E. 2522. Therefore, a patient under treatment can carry this medication into Thailand for personal use in a quantity NOT EXCEEDIND 30 DAYS OF PRESCRIBED USAGE.

Cannabis cointain thc

Cannabidol no thc

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Well, wouldn't cannabis have an automatic answer just because it is a class 5 substance, just as cannabis oil, would hae that vague generic computer generated reply?
i suspect if you would have written milk thistle or 'horainol' you would have gotten the same response as the second one simply because they would not be in the data base or be there but not under any classification.

1 hour ago, banglassie said:

Well, wouldn't cannabis have an automatic answer just because it is a class 5 substance, just as cannabis oil, would hae that vague generic computer generated reply?
i suspect if you would have written milk thistle or 'horainol' you would have gotten the same response as the second one simply because they would not be in the data base or be there but not under any classification.

u might have a point there

18 hours ago, banglassie said:

Exactly.

"Cannabis" - not limited to any one form  - is a prohibited substance. People who have called the FDA narcotics bureau and specifically asked have been informed cannabis oil is not an exception.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, orientalist said:

There was a report on CBD on TrueVisions Anywhere Channel 18 just now. I think the gist of it was there is an application to have it approved by the Thai FDA. Let's see if there is any English-language news about this in the next few days.

I sincerely hope so, I still cannot understand of fathom why such a thing is banned.. it's insanity 

On 2/12/2018 at 2:42 PM, Xaos said:

On the official Thailand FDA website http://permitfortraveler.fda.moph.go.th/ you can put medications into the Check the Drug section. The responses for cannabis and cannabis oil are very different. response:

Cannabis

Prohibited Narcotics

Narcotics

General drug Cannabis Oil

The drug is not classified as a narcotic drug or psychotropic substance according to Narcotics Act B.E. 2522. Therefore, a patient under treatment can carry this medication into Thailand for personal use in a quantity NOT EXCEEDIND 30 DAYS OF PRESCRIBED USAGE.

9GZqugQ.png

But would fail a, piss test 

I"m pretty sure that was the photo that flashed across the screen in the news report, although my other half seems to think it was Kasetsart Uni that was testing the stuff. For some reason they kept talking about "Cannabis" and "Ganja" but I didn't hear anyone mention "CBD" or "Cannabidiol." Part of the story was about Canada now making medicines from the cannabis plant.

On 12/02/2018 at 8:42 AM, Xaos said:

On the official Thailand FDA website http://permitfortraveler.fda.moph.go.th/ you can put medications into the Check the Drug section. The responses for cannabis and cannabis oil are very different.

Direct link to the drug search page on the FDA site:

http://permitfortraveler.fda.moph.go.th/CheckTheDrug

Enter trade name: CBD Oil, Generic name: cannabidiol

Search result as per screenshot posted by Xaos.

This is such a terrible terrible situation. There are SO many medical properties of CBD and hemp oil, and yet you cannot become intoxicated from it in the slightest. The stigma that has been carried over from decades of misinformation has taken it's toll. In this day and age you cannot buy a natural medical treatment with scientific weight behind it, a treatment that can help millions and millions of people, because it comes from a specific plant.
This needs to change fast. I know of people who have suffered with things such as PTSD or extreme anxiety disorders, who now dose CBD oil in the mornings, and their lives have been totally changed. They do not live in fear and are not riddled with anxiety anymore, and they can go on with their lives with positivity and contentment. And no they are not walking around stoned, because CBD oil doesn't intoxicate. 

I've read that Thailand actually grows, makes and exports CBD oil as of now, yet they do not sell it to their own people lol? Disgusting 
Where do they grow it, and do you require a permit?

Sent from my G3226 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app