Australian man killed in brutal Pattaya bar fight identified, American attacker in custody

webfact

21 hours ago, poohy said:

Given the almost news blackout can't help thinking an American "military" guy or guys might be involved.

I thought that too, particularly when initial reports placed the attacker as late twenties.

However, it turns out he is an ex-convict aged 43.

I suspect the delay was due to the police trying to figure out how to "manage" this and deciding what outcome they want. Once that was decided, they need to cherry-pick which evidence is presented and which buried and which charges are laid. They are thinking in terms of a massive pay day. 

Appears as if the CCTV was now miraculously working after all. Someone clearly thought better about attempting to pervert the course of justice by stating otherwise

If that coverage clearly shows stomping on the head 10-15 times as has been indicated then expect the charge to be upgraded to murder. How can it be anything but at that point

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎12 at 3:20 PM, Just Weird said:

Never, but only because there any none in Thailand.  But do you think that in this situation, where a girl was potentially being strangled, a blowjob bar full of dope heads ignoring the threat to her would have been a good thing?

That's my point... I don't think anyone enjoying some pot would find it in themselves to strangle anyone. And don't make this killer too much of a hero just yet. There are different stories floating around and it's unclear where the truth really lies. And even if he did intervene to protect the waitress, stomping the other guy's head multiple times takes the sheen off whatever medal you think he deserves... 

3 minutes ago, Docno said:

That's my point... I don't think anyone enjoying some pot would find it in themselves to strangle anyone. And don't make this killer too much of a hero just yet. There are different stories floating around and it's unclear where the truth really lies. And even if he did intervene to protect the waitress, stomping the other guy's head multiple times takes the sheen off whatever medal you think he deserves... 

In the old days a white knight would simply buy a hooker a house in a rice field ! What’s the world coming to when you fight to the death for one ?

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:41 PM, IAMHERE said:

I understood the the Thai Law says you can not report on the sentencing of a trail case.

You understood wrong if that's what you thought.  Do you really think that the outcome of court cases and the sentences of those convicted has never been reported?  Don't you read the papers?

Edited by Just Weird

5 hours ago, Docno said:

. And don't make this killer too much of a hero just yet. There are different stories floating around and it's unclear where the truth really lies. And even if he did intervene to protect the waitress, stomping the other guy's head multiple times takes the sheen off whatever medal you think he deserves... 

Where did you get all that garbage from?  I've not condoned his actions, made him out to be a hero or suggested he should be rewarded!

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎13 at 9:08 PM, Just Weird said:

Where did you get all that garbage from?  I've not condoned his actions, made him out to be a hero or suggested he should be rewarded!

"But do you think that in this situation, where a girl was potentially being strangled, a blowjob bar full of dope heads ignoring the threat to her would have been a good thing? "

You are suggesting that ignoring the situation would have been a 'bad thing'. Therefore, the attacker did the right thing by intervening in the situation. Nowhere in the post did you take issue with how he intervened. The latest information is that the victim may have only been joking around with the waitress and she did not at all feel threatened. That's why I was saying that we all need to ease up and wait for the facts to settle 

1 hour ago, Docno said:

"But do you think that in this situation, where a girl was potentially being strangled, a blowjob bar full of dope heads ignoring the threat to her would have been a good thing? "

You are suggesting that ignoring the situation would have been a 'bad thing'. Therefore, the attacker did the right thing by intervening in the situation. Nowhere in the post did you take issue with how he intervened. The latest information is that the victim may have only been joking around with the waitress and she did not at all feel threatened. That's why I was saying that we all need to ease up and wait for the facts to settle 

Changing your tune a bit, eh?  You said nothing to me about anyone needing to ease up, you accused me of making the Yank a hero and suggesting that I thought he should get a medal as you may remember but you couldn't back your comment up, could you?...

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:08 PM, Just Weird said:
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:52 PM, Docno said:

. And don't make this killer too much of a hero just yet. There are different stories floating around and it's unclear where the truth really lies. And even if he did intervene to protect the waitress, stomping the other guy's head multiple times takes the sheen off whatever medal you think he deserves... 

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎15 at 11:59 AM, Just Weird said:

Changing your tune a bit, eh?  You said nothing to me about anyone needing to ease up, you accused me of making the Yank a hero and suggesting that I thought he should get a medal as you may remember but you couldn't back your comment up, could you?...

Not backing off at all .... reading seems to be an issue for you. I said you were suggesting the American did the right thing (protecting a woman) before all the information is in. I didn't know I needed to define the word, "hero" for you... 

1 hour ago, Docno said:

Not backing off at all .... reading seems to be an issue for you. I said you were suggesting the American did the right thing (protecting a woman) before all the information is in. I didn't know I needed to define the word, "hero" for you... 

Don't criticize other's reading and comprehension abilities while yours are so lacking, it's not a good idea and you do not need to define any word for me!

I did not suggest that the Yank did the right thing, if I did you will be able to show the quote here, won't you.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

According to witnesses, Mr Robb became invovled in a confrontation with group of men, one of whom attacked him, throwing him across the room, punching him in his face and stomping on his head “10 to 15 times”.

Witnesses recalled the group then laughing and taking photos of Mr Robb as he lay unconcious and severly injured on the floor.

My sincere condolences to the family and friends of the poor guy, may he rest in peace.

Stomping on his head 10 to 15 times? The group then laughing and taking photos of the victim?

Something similar has happened to me by Thai people when one started an argument and five others jumped in. But when an American adult id doing that, there's no excuse, and no time in jail too long. 

1 minute ago, hyku1147 said:

I recall the "head stomp" being banned from UFC in the early 90's. I think it is part of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

Many guys do not understand how deadly street/bar fights can be.

i practice ju jitsu and head stomping is not part of this marshal art. 

1 hour ago, hyku1147 said:

This is why I thought it was:

https://www.bjjee.com/bjj-news/renzo-gracie-explains-backstory-to-head-stomping-incident-vs-judoka-ben-spijkers/

Perhaps it was once part of the martial art?

No, the fight you are referring to was a mixed marshal art fight not a straight ju jitsu competition. he never stomped on his head as he got up and walked away he trod on the back of he neck/ head. poor sports man ship thats all thats was. 

• 2 weeks later...