American claims self-defense as patron says man murdered in Pattaya was "trouble-maker"

snoop1130

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

As I suspected... Another one just taking for granted what is printed in a paper or on TVF !!

I have read all the stories relating to this sad incident. I'll wait for a proper investigation

good, we have all read your opinion many times on this thread, while you're waiting go play on the beach 

Sounds like the attacker just needed an excuse for violence, although from the conflicting stories its hard to say- if the current story is true that aussie was a trouble maker may have had it coming (a beating that is, not death) never mind pattaya is better off without the two of them. I want to see cctv to make further judgement, and i wish the media or police could get it right for once. Surely it can be hard with many witnesses and cameras in the soi

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smedly said:

good, we have all read your opinion many times on this thread, while you're waiting go play on the beach 

And my opinion remains, I'll wait to see what the investigation determines. Too many conflicting reports to judge yet. 

I am at the beach btw, are you stalking me :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

It's a situation that has escalated out of control very quickly, what we do know is this man has a reputation for being a bully and abusing the girls, what would you do if somebody picked you're daughter or wife off her feet by the throat and started brutilizing her? I know what I'd do, I'd kick him from one end of soi yik yik to the other.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Isn't that just rumour too?  Where's the proof?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

It's a situation that has escalated out of control very quickly, what we do know is this man has a reputation for being a bully and abusing the girls, what would you do if somebody picked you're daughter or wife off her feet by the throat and started brutilizing her? I know what I'd do, I'd kick him from one end of soi yik yik to the other.

What we also do know is the killer has spent 2 years behind bars when he was 18 years old for manslaughter downgraded from murder in 1993 in North Miami...kind of a pattern there wouldn’t you say? Lucky they bought the CTV footage or it would be goodbye for a while.

42 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Several kicks to the head causing death would not qualify as 1st Degree Murder! To get 1st Degree Murder it must be "Premeditated".  //

For 2nd Degree Murder, the act wasn't premeditated but during this fight you had full inteneions of killing this person.  //

For 3rd Degree Murder,  ...//

I don't know what you are talking about guys. From what I know about Thai laws (from previous murder cases) there is nothing like 3rd, 2nd of 1st Degree for Murder in Thai laws.

Murder is just "an unlawful killing of a person" and so in this case this is a Murder.

What we also do know is the killer has spent 2 years behind bars when he was 18 years old for manslaughter downgraded from murder in 1993 in North Miami...kind of a pattern there wouldn’t you say? Lucky they bought the CTV footage or it would be goodbye for a while.
Ok, so we have a ex con, and a man who likes to abuse women by lifting them off there feet by the throat,so there dangling in mid air, so good riddance to the both of them.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

Ok, so we have a ex con, and a man who likes to abuse women by lifting them off there feet by the throat,so there dangling in mid air, so good riddance to the both of them.

Where is your proof of the man who likes to abuse women by lifting them off their feet, but there is proof of the killers past

Remember that the witnesses claimed that the killer attacked the other man and while he was unconscious on the floor he kicked and stomped on his head "while his mates took photo's of the action".

Where are his mates with those photo's?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

If the bargirl allegedly being strangled had killed the Australian that would be self defense.

The large American dual killer brutally attacked and killed Robb, fled, then later surrendered with a made up story of self defense, no doubt backed up by his filthy mates.

Their version is completely different from that of the independent witness on Facebook. Surprise, surprise.

The Ruby Bar issued a statement that no other staff nor customers were injured in the incident. Presumably that includes the girl being strangled?

I wonder if the fine looking lady next to the killer at the police station is part of his alibi.

If you read my post #67 in the original thread of this it was established by the staff of the strangling. I posted this several hours before any news media released the american's statement. I do know that Robb's  personality would change when he drank. He spent most of his time in Angeles city and was only in Pattaya on a side trip.

Shortly before he went to the Ruby bar he was kicked out of another Soi 6 bar for doing the exact same thing choking one of the staff. 

As I stated before the supposed witness who stated the head stomping and the 3 others who took photos while laughing refused to make a statement to the police. 

The Ruby bar is going to be under scrutiny for a death taking place there and face possible repercussions for the CCTV not working as this is law in Thailand to owning a bar. You can bet because of this the investigators will be interviewing all staff there and gather CCTV footage for business located opposite. The police do come to my place of business requesting footage from time to time.

If you want more info I recommend that you go to a nearby bar there and buy someone a drink, thai's love to talk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

It has been reported on ninenews.com.au that the american has killed before.

Court documents from the US state of Florida have revealed Mr Polanco was previously charged with second degree murder after the death of an 18-year-old student.

Mr Polanco confessed to killing the victim, Michael Cooper, after being paid $20 to look at a problem with his car.

"After questioning the defendant for an hour and ten minutes, the defendant confessed to the murder," the document said.

Mr Polanco's charges were later downgraded and he spent two years behind bars for manslaughter with a firearm.

There have been many so called witnesses giving different stories of what happened who can anyone believe?

Just goes to show....due to weak sentencing another person is dead. A boy like this (not a man, as men do not behave like this) needs to be behind bars for life.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

A bit of an understatement, to say the least !

"Earlier reports suggested that Benjamin Matthew Robb, 43, was beaten and kicked senseless as others egged on the attacker."

The Ruby bar is in the wrong and should be closed down for a period of time, so should all bars that have trouble (to teach them a lesson in customer control) because they serve alcohol to anybody but don't have any control when trouble starts which is usually from the consumption of alcohol that they sold.

How can it be self defence the Australian didn't attack the American  he grabbed a girl (bar staff) by the neck, the bar should stop the trouble as its on their premises or they call the police.

The American hit him 3-4 times in self defence, was the stomping (reported 15-16 times) on the mans head also self defence :whistling::whistling::whistling:??

He has to be put away for a very longtime, nobody should be allowed to take the law into their own hands,  even if the Australian was a trouble maker you don't go beat people up till they are dead.

update: American who killed Australian tourist in Pattaya bar fight has murdered before...Well thats a surprise.

Edited by Hooliganzone
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

What would those circumstances be ?

I'd suggest it is up to the  authorities, who ever that may be.      The cameras are broken  or not available?    Maybe a bank, a retail company or  the police.

What do you think?   Of course never happens in the kingdom does it?

Where is your proof of the man who likes to abuse women by lifting them off their feet, but there is proof of the killers past
Remember that the witnesses claimed that the killer attacked the other man and while he was unconscious on the floor he kicked and stomped on his head "while his mates took photo's of the action".
Where are his mates with those photo's?
Did you read post 229?, going from bar to bar on a choking spree,, you want to defend animals that abuse women that's up to you..

36 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Always amusing when people feel the need to get angry when replying to an opinion that doesn't fit their "thinking"... Anyone would think I accused you of the original assault !

You need to breath deeply and relax, maybe more than 10mins though... :)

no anger at all

Here is something for you to think about

Almost every one of your posts on this thread (if not all of them) has been to criticise other posters, you seem more interested in berating others than just simply posting what you think about the subject matter of the topic and moving on, what is it you are trying to achieve - getting your view across or just berating others, try actually posting an opinion of your own that is not a reply to another poster - I'll bet you will have difficulty doing that 

10 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

Did you read post 229?, going from bar to bar on a choking spree,, you want to defend animals that abuse women that's up to you..

No you don"t the bar or the authorities do that. lf you don't want to end up the same way as the Yank.

Edited by Hooliganzone

17 minutes ago, marinediscoking said:

If you read my post #67 in the original thread of this it was established by the staff of the strangling. I posted this several hours before any news media released the american's statement. I do know that Robb's  personality would change when he drank. He spent most of his time in Angeles city and was only in Pattaya on a side trip.

Shortly before he went to the Ruby bar he was kicked out of another Soi 6 bar for doing the exact same thing choking one of the staff. 

As I stated before the supposed witness who stated the head stomping and the 3 others who took photos while laughing refused to make a statement to the police. 

The Ruby bar is going to be under scrutiny for a death taking place there and face possible repercussions for the CCTV not working as this is law in Thailand to owning a bar. You can bet because of this the investigators will be interviewing all staff there and gather CCTV footage for business located opposite. The police do come to my place of business requesting footage from time to time.

If you want more info I recommend that you go to a nearby bar there and buy someone a drink, thai's love to talk.

Sorry, I didn't read your previous post in another thread, there's been too much dross written by the usual suspects to read everything in all the topics.  Some relevant points can be missed.  Reports of matters like these often conflict. You quote the staff saying the girl was attacked, the report I quoted from the club said no staff were injured. Pity the CCTV was out!

I wasn't there, didn't see what happened and don't know the protagonists. From various statements, it seems it may be a case of low life thug meets large, extremely violent career criminal.

I'm not defending the Australian, but find it distasteful that others are calling the killer a hero, perhaps only because they share his nationality. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

There is no proof of what he did, it is all allegations at this time and even you are only working on other peoples assumptions or you would be able to put up the proof of what happened and you cannot so don't carry on and say anything about me defending animals that abuse women because you would prefer to persecute someone without any proof or knowing the truth. I do not judge people without the proof not like you do but that is up to you if you want to judge people on accusations alone.

There is no proof of what he did, it is all allegations at this time and even you are only working on other peoples assumptions or you would be able to put up the proof of what happened and you cannot so don't carry on and say anything about me defending animals that abuse women because you would prefer to persecute someone without any proof or knowing the truth. I do not judge people without the proof not like you do but that is up to you if you want to judge people on accusations alone.
Was you there?

33 minutes ago, Hooliganzone said:

"Earlier reports suggested that Benjamin Matthew Robb, 43, was beaten and kicked senseless as others egged on the attacker."

The Ruby bar is in the wrong and should be closed down for a period of time, so should all bars that have trouble (to teach them a lesson in customer control) because they serve alcohol to anybody but don't have any control when trouble starts which is usually from the consumption of alcohol that they sold.

How can it be self defence the Australian didn't attack the American  he grabbed a girl (bar staff) by the neck, the bar should stop the trouble as its on their premises or they call the police.

The American hit him 3-4 times in self defence, was the stomping (reported 15-16 times) on the mans head also self defence :whistling::whistling::whistling:??

He has to be put away for a very longtime, nobody should be allowed to take the law into their own hands,  even if the Australian was a trouble maker you don't go beat people up till they are dead.

update: American who killed Australian tourist in Pattaya bar fight has murdered before...Well thats a surprise.

I stand ready for correction but I doubt any bar on Soi 6 or even Thailand as a whole would ever  refuse another drink to a customer   as long as the customer  ordered the drink and could pay for it.

I get your point but I realize this is a different country.

"The Ruby bar is in the wrong and should be closed down for a period of time, so should all bars that have trouble (to teach them a lesson in customer control) because they serve alcohol to anybody but don't have any control when trouble starts which is usually from the consumption of alcohol that they sold."