Don't say a word
Don't say anything
Don't say a word
I'm not even listening
I read in the papers about their escape
They be two bitter kids from a bunch of sour grapes
You better watch your step

5 hours ago, idman said:

Is it any wonder why we shake our heads and laugh out loud everyime a story about the two ex P.M.'s surfaces in the Thai news?.  This morbid obession with them is at the point of being a worldwide joke.  Oh look, here they are shopping, oh look, here they are eating food and smiling.  Thaksin and Yingluck are having the time of their lives, they have the world to explore, they have the resources and you know they just love sticking it to these morons here in Thailand who continue to claim they will be brought back to face justice.  Thailand, wake up, you are a joke on the world stage.

Without further elaboration, Prawit added that he has ordered responsible agencies to look into the matter.

That is such a vague comment. I don't know where to start on my comments, Give me some guesses as to what to "look into".

• To verify if they hold the Warranties on my watches I borrowed?
  • To ensure there is no Interpol Red Alert?
  • To ensure Red Bull Boss is not Yingluck's lover and making front pages of world Falang newspapers  the following day. Otherwise we are in deep sh...it
  • To ensure Yingluck is not using my tax haven Jamaican bank accounts,, and so on and so on!

PS Read the history of Thailand written by Thai politicians and is located in the fiction section of your local library.

Love Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hupaponics said:

I'm just curious on a practical matter...

How can they renew their passports? I mean, if they are wanted, will the Thai embassy issue new passports abroad?

A passport is a document issued by a country which in effect confirms that you are a citizen of that country, and asks other countries to allow you to pass. If you don't have one, but your identity is known and you are of sufficient "eminence" as these two are, then you can still negotiate entry and transit through countries.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:20 AM, colinneil said:

Steven please please stop talking nonsense, they are being watched, yes by the whole wide World.

Your idles mob dare not try to do anything, because if they did civil war would erupt here.

To use you own, very appropriate, words, please please stop talking nonsense.

Edited by Just Weird

21 hours ago, Enoon said:

Just demonstrating, by the multiplicity of non-extraditions taking place, the impotence of the junta and (despite the diplomatic visits each way) the low regard in which it is held by the world at large.

And you're just demonstrating that you don't know much about the extradition process which has nothing to do with what you see as the government's "impotence".  Thailand has not requested extradition, it cannot unless it can be identified specifically where the target is, that means an actual address, not "somewhere in London" or wherever.

20 hours ago, Thian said:

Well they can do it because Interpol doesn't care for the Thai orders....now wait what the reply of the general is, it will come soon i guess.

Thailand cannot give, and has not given, any orders to Interpol.  Requests can be made to the agency, though.

3 hours ago, JAG said:

A passport is a document issued by a country which in effect confirms that you are a citizen of that country, and asks other countries to allow you to pass. If you don't have one, but your identity is known and you are of sufficient "eminence" as these two are, then you can still negotiate entry and transit through countries.

"If you don't have one, but your identity is known and you are of sufficient "eminence" as these two are, then you can still negotiate entry and transit through countries"

No, that is absolutely not the case!

5 hours ago, Hupaponics said:

I'm just curious on a practical matter...

How can they renew their passports? I mean, if they are wanted, will the Thai embassy issue new passports abroad?

IIRC Thaksin had his passports restored  by the PTP back in 2011.

The MFA though closed down due to the severe flooding it was opened specifically for this purpose.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/8930437/Thai-former-prime-minister-set-to-regain-passport-from-sisters-government.html

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30306683

It all depends on which government is in power at the time.

quote from the Nation

"FORMER foreign minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul <snip> instructed the Foreign Ministry to issue two new passports to Thaksin, whose passports had been revoked in 2009 by the Democrat-led government of Abhisit Vejjajiva on the grounds that the former PM was deemed to be damaging the country while living abroad. Responding to a question as to why Thaksin had to be issued two passports, government figures at that time explained that it was not unusual for individuals to have more than one passport if they needed them. They pointed to people who had to travel abroad frequently, such as diplomats, businesspeople, sports people and flight attendants, as sometimes needing more than one passport."

I believe that the passports have now been revoked by the government.

• Thanks 1

Oh Great nice to see Prawit keeping an eye on them. I think he  told the agencies to get onto to the authorities  to ask the former PMs if they could get onto some expensive Seiko watches. This Prawit has got an eye for a bargain you know

48 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"If you don't have one, but your identity is known and you are of sufficient "eminence" as these two are, then you can still negotiate entry and transit through countries"

No, that is absolutely not the case!

No? Explain why you say that is the case? It rather contradicts a couple of occasions I have known it happen.