Pattaya bar fight: Key witness says Australian man beaten to death over “misunderstanding”

webfact

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

It has been known for guys to pick girls up by their neck, ears or head, whilst the girls are holding onto to the guys arms, so there no pressure anywhere and no harm done, done in a jovial manner

Whatever turns you on i guess, personally it has never crossed my mind pissed or Sober to pick up a Girl by the Neck, my good looks, charm, and personality has always sufficed.

Edited by Acemaker

14 hours ago, sanemax said:

Although we are not talking about anyones girlfriend and we are not talking about "asking whats going on" , this is an issue of a violent intervention .

It may have been that the American guy was a previous customer of the B/G and he didnt like the attention that she was receiving from someone else . 

Really? You're assuming a lot, much like a lot of people in this case. Do you know what was spoken between the two, or do you really 'think' there was zero interaction/conversation between the two? No one will probably ever get to see the CCTV footage and there would be no audio, so there are many facts that we do not know, and may never know.  

13 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Being pissed up on alcohol doesn't mitigate anything.

I see, go into any bar in Pattaya, grab a girl around the throat. One person(drunk) says to another person(drunk), hey stop that, other person replies <deleted> off, get <deleted>. Fight ensues, no mitigating circumstances, correct? All are cognisant of what they're doing, right ok.

In fact go anywhere in the world where this type of thing happens regularly. I'm wondering, do you know what the cause of death is yet? Is it when the deceased's head allegedly hit the ground, and potentially caused a cerebral haemorrhage, or was it from the alleged kicks after he floored him. I am glad you know, because I don't.

Just now, Sid Bream said:

Really? You're assuming a lot, much like a lot of people in this case. Do you know what was spoken between the two, or do you really 'think' there was zero interaction/conversation between the two? No one will probably ever get to see the CCTV footage and there would be no audio, so there are many facts that we do not know, and may never know.  

There *IS* cctv footage of the altercation 

Police chief has said it will NOT be released to the media but they will obviously use it in the case... 

Wouldn't like to be The yank in this one... 

There is no mitigating factors in killing a man in 20 seconds that would make it OK and especially not when the girl is saying that she was only messing around with the Australian and not actually being choked 

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When or if you actually have been in a Thai barbeer or gogo more than once you will know the answer to both those questions.

I hate to tell you this I've been in plenty and there are plenty with none.  We are not discussing GoGo's here. Next.

11 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Head stomps and all kicks to a downed opponent  are illegal in mma 

Try to at least pretend you have a clue.... 

Really, take a comprehension lesson. The point I was making was that people are influenced by what they see on TV. I know what is allowed in MMA.

14 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

There *IS* cctv footage of the altercation 

Police chief has said it will NOT be released to the media but they will obviously use it in the case... 

Wouldn't like to be The yank in this one... 

There is no mitigating factors in killing a man in 20 seconds that would make it OK and especially not when the girl is saying that she was only messing around with the Australian and not actually being choked 

If the deceased told the American to get effed after he had asked him to stop 'choking' her then there are mitigating circumstances because he didn't know it was "messing around", did he.

I am on neither side, because I don't know and may never know what the full facts are. 

Edited by Sid Bream

On 14.2.2018 at 10:07 AM, darksidedog said:

It just goes to show you should never poke your nose in to something, unless you are 100% sure of what is actually happening. It was bad enough already, without it turning out to be a misunderstanding that kicked it all off.

well this story amongst many others and taken in account the farangs I met near and around tourist hotspots as pattaya kho samui phangan tao phuket chiang mai..etc..makes me think that most ( but sure not all )of white western foreigners who come here are from the criminal underclass / belong to the low classes of their country's...and /or carry crave mental - psychological missdevelopements within them.....seldom to meet a happy outgoing person with happy intentions a person who is not into drugs,alcohol,pervertion,strange relationships and/or crime of any kind...

the sad but logical thing is that thais 

develope exactly this picture in the mind about farangs and once u encounter them ( near or in tourist areas ) the first thing they offer is a child prostitute or a drug deal .... or at least they try to ripp u off...if u meet a nice girl who is friendly to u soon it turns out she is a prostitute who think u will marry her...

BUT looking at the history of the place ( no colonialism and the encounter with westernets was 1) soldiers who <deleted> their young daughters - pattaya - 2) drug addicted hippis- samui phangan -  3) 80 y.o.who buy  young wifes - isaan- 4) mass tourism with cheap charlies or Russians- everywhere -...).one should be not surprised about the status quo...bar fights violent street fights robbery exactly the outcome of this type of westerners and the thais who feel comfortable with them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acemaker said:

Whatever turns you on i guess, personally it has never crossed my mind pissed or Sober to pick up a Girl by the Neck, my good looks, charm, and personality has always sufficed.

I do think that you misunderstood what I said .

It wasnt about getting "turned on " or anything sexual

Its not always a hostile aggressive act, sometimes its playful, like, just messing about

Maybe yourself, with your good looks , charm and personality, doesnt need to lower yourself to messing about and playing with the girls

12 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Head stomps and all kicks to a downed opponent  are illegal in mma 

Try to at least pretend you have a clue.... 

The point was that punching whilst the opponent is on the ground is allowed, being on the ground being the comparison.  I have every clue, you just misunderstood the point I was making. Let me know when you see a fair fight in a bar or in the street though.

Edited by Sid Bream

10 minutes ago, Sid Bream said:

The point was that punching whilst the opponent is on the ground is allowed, being on the ground being the comparison.  I have every clue, you just misunderstood the point I was making. Let me know when you see a fair fight in a bar or in the street though.

That has nothing to do with this case or the alleged 15 headstomps when the dead guy was already unconscious.... 

That's literally never happened in a sanctioned mma fight either

Don't blame mma as a sport for a violent drunk who killed someone in less than 20 seconds

Most professional boxers could kill a civilian just as quickly if they were in a violent rage and didn't hold back

Imagine the head trauma prime Mike tyson could inflict in 20 seconds without the gloves and the ref.... 

17 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

The hand shaking after a brutal contest is common in most physical sports - nothing special there.

What shocks me is the way a cage fighter can continue to pummel their opponent once they're grounded and in a lot of bother - unlike in boxing. And when the mind is programmed that way they're likely to do the same in a street fight.

That's why I wondered if Polanco had that background

Actually MMA is much safer than boxing as the punches they land are not as hard and the referee intervenes quickly. In boxing the cumulative punching can build up over a fight and lead to brainswelling and death by the later rounds.  A quick google search confirms this.

MMA has been so watered down with so many rules that it looks like a schoolyard handbags at dawn fight  these days.  Maybe seem scary though to a computer nerd or bookworm, ........

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sid Bream said:

You do know what you're talking about, don't you.

Were there any 'bouncers' in Ruby Club? I rest my case.

The best way to find out is  to go in there and touch up one of the girls.

Are you game?

• Like 1

On 2/14/2018 at 4:07 PM, darksidedog said:

It just goes to show you should never poke your nose in to something, unless you are 100% sure of what is actually happening. It was bad enough already, without it turning out to be a misunderstanding that kicked it all off.

So, the female supposedly being lifted off her feet and turning blue was ???????

I would have helped as well, but there is a point at which to stop whoop @ss..

On 2/15/2018 at 10:58 AM, sanemax said:

Although, do you believe that she actually "turned blue" .

Well the people attacked him because she looked like she was in danger. I don’t know because I wasn’t there but if the story is true and he was neck chocking her 

having her turning blue could easily make someone asssume that she was suffering Also the bar staff said she turned blue but this anonymous person has put a twist into it

why be anonymous she or he hasn’t said anything that could put themselves at risk unless she lied 

Edited by BigC
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, BigC said:

Well the people attacked him because she looked like she was in danger. I don’t know because I wasn’t there but if the story is true and he was neck chocking her 

having her turning blue could easily make someone asssume that she was suffering Also the bar staff said she turned blue but this anonymous person has put a twist into it

why be anonymous she or he hasn’t said anything that could put themselves at risk unless she lied 

Did you read all the posts in this thread ?

The B/G stated that they were only messing about , he wasnt trying to harm her .

"She was turning blue" may have been his friends trying to get him off the hook .

Edited by sanemax

4 hours ago, gigman said:

I do not care who is saying truth. 

Evidence is clear... 

It is no Self-defense when you kick over and over on the head 10 times someone who is laying on the ground

Yes, even if the Aussie was being aggressive , the American and his four friends could have easily intervened, non violently .

If the Aussie was assaulting , just hold him down and call the Police 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bruceamstutz said:

I can't understand why the USA issued Polanco a Passport?  He was a ex-class one Felon on a murder charge even though it was reduced later to a manslaughter charge and a class 2 Felony ....I think the US Government screwed up big time !!!      

can you elaborate on that... ?

wasn't Polanco's status clear, did he still have an outstanding court sentence?

We need following 2 questions answered to avoid speculations.

1. Is the cctv available to the public ?

2. Is the American an expat living here or just on a short holiday, what is his visa status ?

18 hours ago, speedtripler said:

That has nothing to do with this case or the alleged 15 headstomps when the dead guy was already unconscious.... 

That's literally never happened in a sanctioned mma fight either

Don't blame mma as a sport for a violent drunk who killed someone in less than 20 seconds

Most professional boxers could kill a civilian just as quickly if they were in a violent rage and didn't hold back

Imagine the head trauma prime Mike tyson could inflict in 20 seconds without the gloves and the ref.... 

You seem to be having a comprehension problem. Show me where I said MMA was to blame. I said people watch it, it is very violent, it allows punches to be made when an opponent is on the ground.

So you know that he was already "unconscious", how do you know this? Furthermore, how do you know whether or not it was not the first/second punch that caused death, or whether the deceased's head struck the ground causing a broken skull and a haemhorrage, are you a forensic pathologist as well? How do you know the deceased did not act aggressively toward Polanco? You seem to 'know' a lot.

I am not disputing whether a boxer could kill someone or not. The point is boxing doesn't allow an opponent to be struck with fists whilst on the ground. Again, for your edification, bar fights or street fights are rarely fair.

10 hours ago, car720 said:

The best way to find out is  to go in there and touch up one of the girls.

Are you game?

It was not the question I asked, and furthermore I do not act like some other scum around the place who think it is their 'right' to touch women they don't know.

You said there 'bouncers' there, and you are plainly incorrect.