Thai Visa App Constantly Crashing on Android Oreo

David Shah

Hi everyone, I've been using the Thai Visa Connect app on my Note 8 for a while now. It was working fine with my phone running Android Nougat. Today I received official update for Android Oreo but now whenever I am opening the app it is only loading a white blank screen on it's start up and crashes after few seconds. How do I fix it??

5 hours ago, Ejjeje said:

Oreo is android 8.0 it was still in beta stage a few weeks ago..

From the info I found it was released to the public in August of 2017.

If he using a old app that may be why it is not working. The version I posted a link to was last updated in December of 2017 while the others have not been updated for years.

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned in another thread I'm on a Samsung tablet Android 4.3xxx and after the new upgrade everything looks different on the screen ,  I know it's an old tablet . but really you should support the old tablets !! 

The old version of TV app was working just fine now for more than a year.  

10 hours ago, balo said:

As mentioned in another thread I'm on a Samsung tablet Android 4.3xxx and after the new upgrade everything looks different on the screen ,  I know it's an old tablet . but really you should support the old tablets !! 

It is not really a new app. It has been out for almost 2 years.

I have been using it since August of 2016 when the first upgrade of the forum software was done because of problems I had with the old app.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

first upgrade of the forum software was done

That first upgrade worked perfect on my tablet, this is the 2nd major upgrade and it changed everything. Split screen gone, have to use the arrow every time you want to read another thread.  So this new upgrade is a step back , on tablets. 

1 hour ago, balo said:

That first upgrade worked perfect on my tablet, this is the 2nd major upgrade and it changed everything.

There have been no new forum upgrades for over a year.

Apparently your android version was updated that caused your out of date app not to work.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There have been no new forum upgrades for over a year.

Apparently your android version was updated that caused your out of date app not to work.

No , same Android version , all this happened when the there were some minor changes to the forum  a couple of weeks ago . I could also see message : activity stream being upgraded , please be patient , or someting like that on my browser so something happened.  And after that my android app did not work .

Then you told me to download the latest app from Google play and it was a big disappointment, but it works .