'Numerous fatalities' at Florida high school after ex-student opens fire

webfact

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Anyone that wants to can make one. A Molotov cocktail is one sort.

Are you suggesting that bombs don't need to be illegal, because anyone can make one (of a sort)?  Why is it so hard to get people to firmly state their positions?  The fact that I can make a home-made [whatever] has no bearing on whether or not that thing should be banned/regulated/controlled.

There are lots of laws about guns and nowhere more so, apparently, than Chicago, where hundreds of people are killed with guns. 

NB a city run by Democrats for a very long time.

And of course all of those guns were manufactured and purchased in Chicago right?  None of them could possibly have come across the state line.  

Sure - a city law against guns.  That'll work.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Nope, no animals dangerous to man. except for an adder (snake), which is actually a protected species. Farm animals can be threatened by foxes and crops by birds. I worked on farms in the UK for a few years, never had a need for a gun, though we did have a shotgun.

Since when is a shotgun not a "gun"?

5 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Several posts blaming feminism for gun violence and the general decline of civilization were deleted by moderators on the ground of being stupid as ****.

I think family breakdown is a valid point of discussion as to why a lad goes crazy and kills people. His life was pretty tragic leading up to the event, and he just lost his adoptive mother that I understand raised him as a solo parent.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I think family breakdown is a valid point of discussion as to why a lad goes crazy and kills people. His life was pretty tragic leading up to the event, and he just lost his adoptive mother that raised him as a solo parent.

There is NO excuse and I'm very disappointed this young man walked out alive. 

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You can't buy bombs at the local shop or store in your town by just plunking down your money. There are laws against that. Just as there should be with guns.

Anyone can go to youtube and get all the info you need to make a bomb and get everything you need at any hardware store and any market.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

There is NO excuse and I'm very disappointed this young man walked out alive. 

I don't recall using the word "excuse" in any post I made, but if a REASON why young men run amok with lethal weapons is not found expect more and more of the same.

If you are advocating the culprit was gunned down, unarmed, in the street, then I do not support you on that.

39 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In Switzerland the government encourages the populace to own military style weapons ( a great many do ) and they don't have mass murders. It's obviously more about the character of Americans than guns per se.

Thats's as clear an argument for stricter gun control in the US as I've ever heard.

35 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I read the quote several times but I could find no reference to feminism.

One of the earlier posts, around 11.00 hours yesterday, since deleted:

" Off topic posts and replies have been removed.  This is not about "manginas" or feminism.  "

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't recall using the word "excuse" in any post I made, but if a REASON why young men run amok with lethal weapons is not found expect more and more of the same.

If you are advocating the culprit was gunned down, unarmed, in the street, then I do not support you on that.

He gunned them down did he not?  I'd say a clear case of 'we thought he was going for a gun'

Young men go amok partly because our society is an 'excuse society' with no sense of self-responsibility. Gun laws are, obviously, another part of the mix.

3 hours ago, riclag said:

The FBI blew it. Somebody reported this sicko,back in Sept,2017

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fbi-got-tip-about-threat-from-youtube-user-nikolas-cruz

"The FBI special agent on the case confirmed Thursday that the agency had received the tip, conducted database reviews and checks, but was not able to further identify the person behind the comment".

So the FBI conducted a 'data base review and checks'. Is it to be believed that with all the advanced technology (NSA) that this loco could not have been located ??. 

This is the same FBI ( management) that received a report from a field agent who was informed by a flight instructor that he had a student who only wanted to learn how to fly a large passenger plane but did not care about how to land that plane. FBI disregarded this report from field agent and that particular " student" was one of  the 9/11 high-jackers. !!.

Some poster above asked how you arrest someone for something they did not do.

Answer:   You do not arrest them. But when identified they are kept under surveillance ( all kinds) , E- evidence , collected and when intent/eminent action is established make the arrest.

Do you want to prevent these things from happening , or do you want to discuss it ad nauseam ??? 

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

He gunned them down did he not?  I'd say a clear case of 'we thought he was going for a gun'

Young men go amok partly because our society is an 'excuse society' with no sense of self-responsibility. Gun laws are, obviously, another part of the mix.

If you want a country where police become judge, jury and executioner you are on your own.

When they took him into custody he was only a suspect. Had they gunned down another guy that looked the same would you still think it was OK?

8 minutes ago, morrobay said:

So the FBI conducted a 'data base review and checks'. Is it to be believed that with all the advanced technology (NSA) that this loco could not have been located ??. 

This is the same FBI ( management) that received a report from a field agent who was informed by a flight instructor that he had a student who only wanted to learn how to fly a large passenger plane but did not care about how to land that plane. FBI disregarded this report from field agent and that particular " student" was one of  the 9/11 high-jackers. !!.

Some poster above asked how you arrest someone for something they did not do.

Answer:   You do not arrest them. But when identified they are kept under surveillance ( all kinds) , E- evidence , collected and when intent/eminent action is established make the arrest.

Do you want to prevent these things from happening , or do you want to discuss it ad nauseam ??? 

I saw a discussion with an FBI agent that explained why in this case there was nothing they could have done more than what they did.

The FBI must get thousands of similar warnings every day. They deal with them according to the rules.

How big do you want the FBI to be to deal with millions of such on line postings? How much extra tax do YOU want to pay?

all the advanced technology (NSA)

Illegal for the NSA to spy on American citizens, unless a FISA warrant is obtained. No FISA would have been obtained for that.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you want a country where police become judge, jury and executioner you are on your own.

When they took him into custody he was only a suspect. Had they gunned down another guy that looked the same would you still think it was OK?

Well it's jolly decent of you to stick up for him. Poor soul that he is with his disadvantaged background and who can blame him?  it was all society's fault!  I'd agree with your comment IF they still had executioners but many do-gooders would still be trying to save his evil arse.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

Well it's jolly decent of you to stick up for him. Poor soul that he is with his disadvantaged background and who can blame him?  it was all society's fault!  I'd agree with your comment IF they still had executioners but many do-gooders would still be trying to save his evil arse.

You wouldn't be saying that if the cops shot a relative of yours by mistake because they thought they were someone else.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I saw a discussion with an FBI agent that explained why in this case there was nothing they could have done more than what they did.

The FBI must get thousands of similar warnings every day. They deal with them according to the rules.

How big do you want the FBI to be to deal with millions of such on line postings? How much extra tax do YOU want to pay?

all the advanced technology (NSA)

Illegal for the NSA to spy on American citizens, unless a FISA warrant is obtained. No FISA would have been obtained for that.

Like I said do you want see action by law enforcement to prevent these things from happening , with according change in " rules" and laws and increase in E- analysts.

Or do you just want to continued discussing why nothing can be done pro actively. Ad Nauseam. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, attrayant said:

Several posts blaming feminism for gun violence and the general decline of civilization were deleted by moderators on the ground of being stupid as ****.

Oh yeah, the decline of civilization has nothing to do with the fact that high school students are now the group most likely to spawn mass murderers in America now.  Go back in time and figure out what has changed. It isn't the gun laws.

Edited by canuckamuck
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Credo said:

The US is a little different than the UK and guns have a place in the country. 

I see no difference other than politicians have sold their soles to the NRA, I accept there is occasions where fire arms are a needed same in the UK, in the UK if you have no criminal convictions and have a good reason one can get a firearms cert, but at the end of the day there is real control with checks on firearms and where you keep them.

Edited by Basil B

3 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

In a DUI, we blame the driver... In a bombing, we blame the bomber... In a shooting, we blame the gun?

If the driver would not have a vehicle he could not be driving,if a bomber would not have a bomb he would not be able to use it,if the shooter would not have a gun,well you can figure it out?

57 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Oh yeah, the decline of civilization has nothing to do with the fact that high school students are now the group most likely to spawn mass murderers in America now.  Go back in time and figure out what has changed. It isn't the gun laws.

That's not what I said.  I said that feminism begets neither gun violence nor the decline of civilization.  Your response attempts (weakly) to defend an entirely different claim that there is some causative link between decline of civilization* and a certain demographic being the most likely to spawn mass murderers in America.

In fact I am taking a risk in replying to you at all because your opinions here seem to get deleted at a very high rate, resulting in mine being deleted as well because I quote you.  You're the ninth circuit court of message board members.

*which you have not even proved is happening

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There are lots of laws about guns and nowhere more so, apparently, than Chicago, where hundreds of people are killed with guns. 

Chicago, where hundreds of people are killed with guns. 

Sigh!

Hundreds of people are killed with guns in Miami a city run by Republicans!

2 hours ago, morrobay said:

Like I said do you want see action by law enforcement to prevent these things from happening , with according change in " rules" and laws and increase in E- analysts.

Or do you just want to continued discussing why nothing can be done pro actively. Ad Nauseam. 

You obviously haven't been reading what I have written. I want armed guards in schools.

I'd also like to see intervention, counselling and action before incidents happen.

Stopping the bullies would help too.

7 minutes ago, Skywalker69 said:

Sigh!

Hundreds of people are killed with guns in Miami a city run by Republicans!

July 21, 2017 07:00 AM

Of the 26 homicides over the first six months of this year in Miami, only 16 were due to gunfire, records obtained from the Miami-Dade Medical Examiner and the city’s police department show.

Both numbers represent historic lows for a city that often racked up close to 300 homicides during the 1980s and which has seen those numbers drop by about 75 percent or more the past three years.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article162757543.html

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

July 21, 2017 07:00 AM

Of the 26 homicides over the first six months of this year in Miami, only 16 were due to gunfire, records obtained from the Miami-Dade Medical Examiner and the city’s police department show.

Both numbers represent historic lows for a city that often racked up close to 300 homicides during the 1980s and which has seen those numbers drop by about 75 percent or more the past three years.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article162757543.html

Chicago Isn’t Even Close to Being the Gun Violence Capital of the United States

More than a dozen cities have higher rates of shootings and homicides.

https://www.thetrace.org/2016/10/chicago-gun-violence-per-capita-rate/