Money pours in for Brit and Thai wife and child down on their luck in Buriram

webfact

12 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

If you don't ask you don't get. No need to slam the guy.

You either choose to chip in or you go about your business as normal

I think he has enough chips in him! Also something tells me he did not just wake up in his rather large physique this year and in poor health. But he did decide to have a child at age 55 which seems like another poor  life choice for him. 

• Sad 1

Not so sure about that. If he has lived here that long he is not entitled to free care on the NHS. My understanding is that if you are a British expat that has been out of the country for a while ( a year or two ? ) you no longer qualify for free care.

If this is wrong I would like to know what the exact rule is.

If he can get back to the UK he will be treated. There may a bill to pay following the treatment unless he can show he's returned to the UK for good - which might be difficult. However, the NHS would not refuse to treat him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

16 hours ago, colinneil said:

My pride would never allow me to beg off anyone.

Always done things myself always will.

ive met a few men here with nothing they seem to have no shame no self respect and in many ways i think they deserve everything they get.:sorry:

16 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

yada, yada, if you do't want to help then just shut up about it... of course you want to do a bit of virtue signalling though.

Some people get down on their luck because of different circumstances.

i believe most people get down on their luck through their own stupidity. i cant see anything the OP done right in his life.

• Sad 1

Give and it will never stop easy money is very addictive to the receiver. Here we go again : internet begging.

I am down on my luck also, need my 2018 Porsche 960 to cheer me up. I will provide a bank account number in my next post 

Here we go again. The get back to UK merchants, with their pie-in-the sky notions of that all-giving UK Welfare State:

1. He will have no entitlement to free NHS use at this juncture, beyond initial diagnostics.

2. He will have no entitlement to income or housing benefits - not habitually resident.

3. If he has a pension entitlement it is equally as payable in Thailand as UK, but it's very unlikely he ever made sufficient contributions in UK to have a state pension entitlement. If that is wrong by a few years, it would be unlikely to yield a pension of significance. You need the full thirty years to receive anything of significance, currently circa £163 a week.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

If he has been here for 30 years he is unlikely to have a meaningful pension. If you had been lying in bed for many months maybe you would look like a slug. If they have no money it is unlikely that he smokes or drinks, not that that has anything to do with you as a non contributor. Oh yes, and sod his wife and child, it's his responsibility.

Oh yes, and sod his wife and child, it's his responsibility.

well it is isnt it ?

theirs no one here to blame but the guy himself, its a tough life and you have to learn to take care of yourself and your family.

you click on sad but  its true.

Edited by catman20
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3