Money pours in for Brit and Thai wife and child down on their luck in Buriram

webfact

Money pours in for Brit and Thai wife and child down on their luck in Buriram

1pm.jpg

Money has poured in for a British man and his Thai family who are suffering in Buriram in Thailand's north east.

Martin Anderson, 65, and his wife Thanyalak Sapanya were featured on a Facebook appeal on the page of Bhin Fanclub.

The post said that Mr Anderson has been in Thailand for thirty years. He used to work in the Pattaya area in a variety of companies over the years.

But in the last year he was not paid by a company for five months and now has no money at all.

To compound matters he fell down and is now unable to walk and needs constant care from his wife. She herself is blind in one eye and comes from an impoverished family.

They met ten years ago and have been together ever since. They have a child in P5 (fifth year of primary school) who is unable to attend classes now.

The wife needs to do everything - including take care of her husband's toilet cleansing as he is unable to wipe himself.

They got behind in the rent and are now obliged to live in a filthy shack with Thanyalak's mother.

Bhin Banleurit said they were in a desperate situation. He has already handed over 25,000 baht and was hugged for his kindness.

A plea was made for donations to the couple and their child and many posters in the initial swathe of reactions showed bank transfer slips showing they had transferred money.

Some praised the couple for their love in the week of Valentine's.

The story has been shared around 15,000 times tugging at the heartstrings of Thais.

Those who might like to donate to the family can do so via SCB # 221 226 8739 in the name of Thanyalak Sapanya, the wife.

The family live in Laharn Sai district of Buriram.

Source Bhin.fanclub.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-16

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Is there a pattern here? Seems to me it's only Brits that are (a) down on their luck (b) get publicity on Thai Visa.

I find it a bit hard to believe anyone on a Western pension system is completely penniless. Although perhaps he never applied for one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Enoon said:

He's still snarfing through the chips, pies, saveloys and packets of chocolate digestives (sometimes 2 a day) though.

I would have thought the term "chocolate digestive" is an oxymoron.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Is there a pattern here? Seems to me it's only Brits that are (a) down on their luck (b) get publicity on Thai Visa.

I find it a bit hard to believe anyone on a Western pension system is completely penniless. Although perhaps he never applied for one.

You don't apply to get on the pension scheme but do have to apply for payments to start. Even if he had not contributed since leaving the UK he would get something for 20 years contributions, assuming he worked or signed on unemployed for a total of that time. Guessing 12k a month. You just need ten years contributions to get a pension payout of some sort. I think his payment would start at 65.5 years now.

Edited by Orton Rd