Blood Testing Facilities

glasswort

I live at the Maprachan lake end of Siam Country Club road and I am trying to ascertain whether there is clinic where I can go for simple blood tests (HDL, LDL, FBS, etc etc). The only one I know of in Pattaya is at the southern end of third road close to the start of the flyover but this is quite a distance from where I live. I appreciate that I can visit the hospitals but they always insist you consult a doctor or whatever before they will take blood for testing. I know what I want and do not need to consult anyone. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I don't know of any labs I can recommend in your area, most are further into town, as are clinics (and some caution is needed, not all are trust worthy).

Actually you can get these sort of tests done without consulting a doctor through the health check up department of any hospital and the tests you mention would be part of most standard check up packages. Not that you can usually add on a test or two onto basic packages and this is often less expensive than getting a more costly package just because the lowest price on lacks 1 or 2 tests you need.

But if course, the hospitals too are further into town so if travelling that far might just as well go to lifecare labs.

23 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I don't know of any labs I can recommend in your area, most are further into town, as are clinics (and some caution is needed, not all are trust worthy).

Actually you can get these sort of tests done without consulting a doctor through the health check up department of any hospital and the tests you mention would be part of most standard check up packages. Not that you can usually add on a test or two onto basic packages and this is often less expensive than getting a more costly package just because the lowest price on lacks 1 or 2 tests you need.

But if course, the hospitals too are further into town so if travelling that far might just as well go to lifecare labs.

Many thanks for your response. I have tried the main hospitals in Pattaya (BPH, PIH, Memorial etc.) but they all insist on consulting a doctor before blood can be taken for tests. I have recently had a complete check up at BPH and all I want to do now is keep a regular check on LDL, HDL, Chol, Trygl, FBS and Hb1ac. I do not need to undergo another complete check-up.

22 hours ago, glasswort said:

Thanks very much. Six kms would not be a problem. 

I have googled Lifecare and the only one that comes up appears to be the one to which I referred in my original email and it is around 10kms from my house. O.k. that is not really a problem but I was hoping for somewhere a bit closer. Is there more than one Lifecare in Pattaya? If yes would you please be good enough to provide the location, preferably an address rather than just a location as locations can cover a wide area. Thanks.