Post I never thought I'd Write

Gonzo the Face

14 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

I think you will find that the OP was not so much wanting a discussion but informing those that know him or of his business of his decision to 'move on'.

My reply here is really a repeat of what canthai55 has just posted.

In regards what Gonzo has written about his health and the support he has received from the Thai system, he wishes to pass this knowledge on.  As Gonzo has said...it's easier to do at his place face to face rather than a 1000 txt messages or emails.

Knowing John (Gonzo), he doesn't have an alterior motive other than imparting his vast knowledge.

I agree completely, John is one of the good guys. If he wants to discuss it in person, he has a good reason. Possibly the health care deal is only available if you own the business and he doesn't want to spread his personal details all over Thai Visa. He deserves some respect, he earned it over a long period of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Loaded said:

Not sure why he started the OP on a discussion forum if he doesn't want to discuss - weird.

By the way, I have absolutely no interest in his reasons for closing/moving/taking a poo. I just wanted to point out the obvious inconsistency. No doubt the next post will be from a Mod announcing that he has asked for the thread to be closed - weirder.

Given some of the posts, I wouldn't blame him if he asked for the thread to be closed.

He was just letting those that know him he's leaving.

I never met him, or visited the place, but I wish him well, wherever he ends up.

• Like 1

The wife told  me to check about buying. I send John a private message he replied with a phone number the number does not work. This is getting weird in my opinion.

Every one so defensive. 

People say he just wants to sell and move on. I can understand that. But when some one looks into buying he gives a bogus phone number.

I give up on this thread and will probably not look any further into being the new owner.

4 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Telephone company problem?  His phone broke? He accidentally hit the wrong key when typing the number? Knowing him I think him intentionally giving you a bogus number is very very improbable.

Well just tried it again just now was informed by a machine the number I called was not correct.

The wife felt sorry for him and wanted to see if we could help by buying the business.

I sent him a private message telling him the number was no good never got back to me.

He may be a great guy, but in this thread him and his friends are coming off a bit weird.

8 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

A few points to make here.

It`s obvious that John created this thread because he`s seeking someone to take over the Pun Pun but doesn`t want to go too much into his private affairs. This thread is really an ad to sell his business and also as an informative to let his regular customers know he`s selling up.

Another point, there are going to be those who will try to contact John just to pry into how much he is selling for and why, time wasters. Saying your wife (which probably means you) want`s to buy the business purely out of sympathy is a load of rubbish. Someone will only make an offer for the Pun Pun if believing it`s viable and will make a good living and profit out of the deal, not from the kindness of their hearts as a charity job.

If you are really interested in buying the Pun Pun, then why don`t you visit John in person? I am sure he is there on most days. The same applies to anyone else who maybe genuinely interested.

I cannot just go where and when I like to sorry. I have a health problem that limits my travels. To go to Chiang Mai to talk personally would have to come once an we have established whether or not there is a possible sale. . I cannot believe this thread. The more it goes the more it appears as pure crap.What is the reason you guys are so offensive to others ?

Most replies are aggressive,offensive and attack genuine people posting. My first post to inquire about his state of health was met with being called an idiot and prick. 

Now you come on and tell me to travel with my ill health and judge my interest . Travel is also hindered because we have a 2 month old stepdaughter  who needs taken care of.

Chiang Mai must have gone down hill a lot since I was there last.

Edited by lovelomsak
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bill97 said:

A lot of people showing respect and appreciation here. Too bad the waters have been muddied by those who know nothing about the first post and others lacking civil communications skills.

All the best and many thanks Gonzo.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts Bill.  Yes I too have noticed that while vast majority of posters are fine, good, and well intended  , there are always  a few with a no matter what you say , will have some smart *** comment.   To the poster that did inquire ,  I did respond and did not intend for the message to have a "bogus" tel number.  Even though I reread the message I did not catch the fact that I had transposed two of the numbers .  While I do not stay on this forum constantly as do some, I did get your message and did return PM and correct the error.   Sorry for all your health problems, but as I surely know its part of life.

Again I do feel a large amount  of warmth in my heart for all the kindness put forth by the vast majority.  Sincerely thank you one and all

• Like 2

To the poster that did inquire ,  I did respond and did not intend for the message to have a "bogus" tel number.  Even though I reread the message I did not catch the fact that I had transposed two of the numbers .  While I do not stay on this forum constantly as do some, I did get your message and did return PM and correct the error. 

Well lesson learned I hope. I have installed and tested a 24/7 alert system which sets off alarms and a custom vibration system to alert me to any incoming PM. Highly recommended, the vibration system is oh so nice. Yes, she does have a sister. PM me anytime.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Haha 2

"The guy wants to leave and sell the property- end of story. The rest is none of anyone else's business."

...haha...and you know this how? :)

I did read the OP as simply, "I want to sell out because of health reasons," but it would have been more informative if he had put in some facts about what it is he wants to sell. I can't really tell any of my friends about this since we have basically zero information beyond there is a restaurant and guesthouse (open or not I can't say). 

If the OP wants to put up an ad with all the particulars, I would be very interested to see it. That's not being too personal, is it? ;)

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Trujillo said:

"The guy wants to leave and sell the property- end of story. The rest is none of anyone else's business."

...haha...and you know this how? :)

I did read the OP as simply, "I want to sell out because of health reasons," but it would have been more informative if he had put in some facts about what it is he wants to sell. I can't really tell any of my friends about this since we have basically zero information beyond there is a restaurant and guesthouse (open or not I can't say). 

If the OP wants to put up an ad with all the particulars, I would be very interested to see it. That's not being too personal, is it? ;)

This is not a "for sale" subforum. If you don't want to go talk to him yourself, as he said already, for any reason, it would be great if you PMd him instead of carrying on here for all to see.

• Thanks 2