Post I never thought I'd Write

Gonzo the Face

14 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

You bloody well do appear heartless!

A more subtle comment like "I am so sorry to read  about your decision to no longer be involved in the "PUN PUN" business.  Do you mind if I ask what are your intentions for the future etc etc"

What is "PUN PUN" ?  I have no clue. Is it a nickname for Thailand ,for life  please some one explain.

I really enjoyed his posts and will miss reading them. Just want to know what he meant and what is going on is that  a problem?

Or is it easier to insult than inform?

Edited by lovelomsak

What is "PUN PUN" ?  I have no clue. Is it a nickname for Thailand ,for life  please some one explain.
  I really enjoyed his posts and will miss reading them. Just want to know what he meant and what is going on is that  a problem?
  Or is it easier to insult than inform?
Yes some people are just looking to argue. Not the thread for it

35 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

You bloody well do appear heartless!

A more subtle comment like "I am so sorry to read  about your decision to no longer be involved in the "PUN PUN" business.  Do you mind if I ask what are your intentions for the future etc etc"

I have no idea what "Pun Pun" means wither .

Can someone just explain what it means ?

• Thanks 1

I stumbled upon the Pun Pun a few years ago.  Had some damn fine nosh (That's slang for food for those that don't know)

From the McPlop plop thru to the Fish and Chips ....I enjoyed each meal.

John and Pranee have run a great little set up. I enjoyed the banter/small talk along with some other in depth discussions.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to visit the Pun Pun as much as  I'd have liked.

I know John has had his fair share lately of 'Officials' causing him no end of bureaucratic BS.  Changing licensing rules as to both guesthouse and sale of booze.

Running a business for so long ain't easy when this occurs. Then there was the BS attached to his running of 3 wheeled motorcycle.

I'm sorry to see you go John and hope I can catch up with you before you finally move on to greener pastures.

I hope you and Pranee find a new place to settle...be it here, Myanmar or elsewhere.

Best regards Andy 

Edited by CMKiwi
  • Like 2

Have you really been there 22 years? I can remember when the Pun Pun was owned by John Moore, who sadly died some years ago and his wife, Dang. Sorry, but I`ve lost all track of time.

If this is the final curtain for the Pun Pun, it will be the end of an era in Chiang Mai.

Gonzo, could you give us a hint to what you will be doing next?

Edited by cyberfarang
  • Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:37 PM, Greenside said:

Pun Pun is a long established restaurant/guesthouse by the river.  The place and its owner will be missed by many long term residents.

Best of luck to you Gonzo, wherever you are heading.

Google only gives a guesthouse by the river and 2 restaurants far away from the river.

Is the OP involved with all 3?