Seventeen Indian men rounded up by cops and military in Chantaburi

webfact

Seventeen Indian men rounded up by cops and military in Chantaburi

3pm.jpg

Picture: INN

Immigration police said that they had arrested a total of 17 Indian nationals for overstaying their visas in Chantaburi in Thailand's central east area.

Spokesman at national HQ Kritsana Pattanajaroen said that the men were intercepted as they traveled in two minivans between the districts of Khao Khitchakut and Khao Raya on Sunday.

They all admitted to having overstayed their welcome in Thailand.

INN said they face 2 years in jail a 20,000 baht fine or both.

INN did not report on what the Indians were actually doing in Thailand.

Source: INN

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-19
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

In the last ten days I've driven over two thousand  kilometres across fourteen provinces through numerous checkpoints. I was stopped about a dozen times, mostly being waved through with a smile.

Only three times was I asked any questions, "where are you going to?" each time. I was not asked for either my licence or I.D. at any time.

In seven years I've still never been asked to show my passport other than at an airport, immigration office or hotel check-in.

Last month I went from  Samui to Bueng Khan altogether we drove exactly 5000kms a few checkpoints of course maybe a dozen, stopped with a smile but every time we were asking for our driving license,  they had hardly had a look at it and gave it back in a few seconds, sometimes where are you going,  one word answer Bueng  Khan or Samui, OK go . 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

In the last ten days I've driven over two thousand  kilometres across fourteen provinces through numerous checkpoints. I was stopped about a dozen times, mostly being waved through with a smile.

Only three times was I asked any questions, "where are you going to?" each time. I was not asked for either my licence or I.D. at any time.

In seven years I've still never been asked to show my passport other than at an airport, immigration office or hotel check-in.

I take it your not Indian.

5 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Get a real deep tan and you'll soon see a difference in Thai officials once they intercept your Journeys ....................:post-4641-1156694572: