Water filter/cleaner

Captor

Hi

In order to not get sick when drinking the water in Bangkok I was thinking if maybe a water filter or cleaner would do the job and clean it instead of buying bottles with water all the time. I have no experience of this branch what so ever. I have heard that the prices are between a few thousands up to 50 000 THB. Are they doing a good job or is it better to stick to bottles from Big C?

I guess they are better if more expensive, or not? Maybe there is some filter/cleaner in between that is good too? And brand or model you can recommend? What is your experiences if you have one? How often need to change filter? Prices etc. etc.

I would appreciate any input you can come up with hence that I know zero about this subject.

Thanks in advance.

We have had the Amway one for about ten years ... yes expensive to buy ... the combined filter and UV replacement costs 4840thb and it lasts us 12 to 14 months.

We actually have one of those Clarte

'things' and fill the container from the Amway unit ... 

If you don't know what the set up is PM me an e-mail address and I'll send you photos  ... my PC is in bits at present so I can't resize photos ....

I would probably buy again because the filter does not soften the water unlike all other units that I have seen ...

Edited by JAS21