Thai ex-PM Thaksin calls for party unity ahead of promised election

snoop1130

17 hours ago, robblok said:

Nobody is keeping him from coming home, just a few prison sentences for corruption.. some fines to pay and he can stay in Thailand.

And Thailand's misery can continue. Who says that history doesn't repeat itself? Hasn't Thailand had it's fair share of the Toxins?

Toxin 01.jpg

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, robblok said:

Guess he is feeling a bit afraid people might break away if offered enough, that is the nature of people who are in it for the money. 

Yep time to remind them who the boss is and try and make sure they all still think that.

The got paid before and he wants them to think they'll get paid again once he gets control of the trough. 

But like you say, the problem with mercenaries is someone might be offering a better deal!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Not really.. according to the much better informed newspaper the BKK post (seriously the nation is lacking a lot of information recently). Thaksin is trying to support Suradat while many of his party want someone else, the transport minister. 

He is far more loved by the people, anyway Thaksin pays.. so I know who will win.

So its not drawing straws its fighting for that position. 

Thaksin will want someone who he can control in that position. And someone who the people might love (for a price of course) but not love as much as himself!!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

It's true that he seems to have influence over the Reuters reporters for Thailand. He gets good coverage and they use the Shin re-write of history in virtually every report rather than bothering to report the actual facts.

thanks for reminding us

26 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Yep time to remind them who the boss is and try and make sure they all still think that.

The got paid before and he wants them to think they'll get paid again once he gets control of the trough. 

But like you say, the problem with mercenaries is someone might be offering a better deal!

Don’t think they need reminding. Thaksin is the founding leader of party. MPs & ex MPs gets a norminal salary is norm even with the Dem. Politicians have no permanent friends or enemies and changing their affiliation are not a surprise here or anywhere in the world. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

So you consider it normal parliamentary procedure for MPs to be paid a very high payment, higher than the official MP salary (although we note your silly attempt to dismiss it as nominal!) from a criminal who effectively owns their party and tells them what to do? MP's who try to cheat through parliament an Amnesty that would somehow allow their fugitive leader to escape his outstanding jail sentence, not be charged for jumping bail and have all serious outstanding cases dismissed whilst preventing new ones being opened?

He paid them more when in power because it wasn't his money he's using! If some of these urchins think someone else will pay a lot more they'll be off like a shot - and he knows it. 

You think that's the same anywhere in the world?

A lot of self exaggerated opinion but no facts. Have you read the Organic Act for political parties. Not a crime to pay MPs. According to the new CDC rule, parties just need to record and publicize salaries of MPs. So where are your links that MPs are paid higher than official. Kindly show. 

Can you cheat in Parliament? It is not constitutional, you know. Check back your information that the Dems  and BJP walked out on the 2nd reading. 

Seem your facts are all over the place and high on hyperbole. Keep a cool head mate or it will be hard to agree with you. 

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Not really.. according to the much better informed newspaper the BKK post (seriously the nation is lacking a lot of information recently). Thaksin is trying to support Suradat while many of his party want someone else, the transport minister. 

He is far more loved by the people, anyway Thaksin pays.. so I know who will win.

So its not drawing straws its fighting for that position. 

Who would want to be PM after what happened to the last two. ? Guess what’s going to happen. I’ll give you two guesses. 

33 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

A lot of self exaggerated opinion but no facts. Have you read the Organic Act for political parties. Not a crime to pay MPs. According to the new CDC rule, parties just need to record and publicize salaries of MPs. So where are your links that MPs are paid higher than official. Kindly show. 

Can you cheat in Parliament? It is not constitutional, you know. Check back your information that the Dems  and BJP walked out on the 2nd reading. 

Seem your facts are all over the place and high on hyperbole. Keep a cool head mate or it will be hard to agree with you. 

Eric,

Do you believe this yourself or are you just trying to convince others. Of course you can pay your MP's as long as its paid from the party its finances, not from an overseas criminal on the run. I guess that minor detail escaped your attention. 

Finances can't come from donations like that to control the party, surely your not that naive and just posting this here to put the PTP in a better light then they actually deserve.

There is a reason why in real democracies it should be clear where donations come from, so people can't buy / control political parties. I bet you never heard about that either (of course you have)

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2018 at 6:01 PM, robblok said:

Wow.. taking one egocentric clown more serious than an other egocentric clown.. what an achievement.  I would not mind them both disappearing. (and taking Suthep and Charlem with them and Prawit) Think that would clean up a lot.

And don't forget old Prem, he is still pulling strings in the background.

Edited by The Old Bull
incomplete

On 19/02/2018 at 6:01 PM, robblok said:

Wow.. taking one egocentric clown more serious than an other egocentric clown.. what an achievement.  I would not mind them both disappearing. (and taking Suthep and Charlem with them and Prawit) Think that would clean up a lot.

It would be a very small lot. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, robblok said:

After reading more in the BKK post today it seems there is a rift in the party about who should be the next party leader. Thaksin backs Suradat while others back the popular transport minister. So there are quite some internal struggles. With some luck the party tears itself to shreds and the popular Transport minister begins his own party. He seems to have a lot of support from the normal people as he actually did something for them.

Thaksin and Suradat are as thick as thieves, courtesy of her father's / Thaksin long term connection. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, robblok said:

Eric,

Do you believe this yourself or are you just trying to convince others. Of course you can pay your MP's as long as its paid from the party its finances, not from an overseas criminal on the run. I guess that minor detail escaped your attention. 

Finances can't come from donations like that to control the party, surely your not that naive and just posting this here to put the PTP in a better light then they actually deserve.

There is a reason why in real democracies it should be clear where donations come from, so people can't buy / control political parties. I bet you never heard about that either (of course you have)

Rob, read the Organic Act before you made comment on donations. Full accounts including source of funds and expenditures need to be audit and submit to the ministry as in all registered associations every year. Donations one source of party funds are spell out in detail in the Act. Why not clear as you speculate. 

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Rob, read the Organic Act before you made comment on donations. Full accounts including source of funds and expenditures need to be audit and submit to the ministry as in all registered associations every year. Donations one source of party funds are spell out in detail in the Act. Why not clear as you speculate. 

You really believe no money flows from Thaksin to the party MP's in various ways ?

How do you think he keeps control ? Most people know its money.  Of course I can't prove it because if this could be proven the PTP would be in serious trouble. But its not that hard to keep it hidden. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, The Old Bull said:

frankly , looking across the spectrum of 'thai notables' in the news, it is hard to back anyone;

political systems are designed to get someone voted in;

no correlation with someone that is capable and moral (note yingluck and brother,respectively);

thailand in wash and rinse cycles

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

You really believe no money flows from Thaksin to the party MP's in various ways ?

How do you think he keeps control ? Most people know its money.  Of course I can't prove it because if this could be proven the PTP would be in serious trouble. But its not that hard to keep it hidden. 

I don’t know and you don’t know so why speculate. The Act have all the provisions on donations from 10k to 10m Baht and full details of donors. You can’t prove it. Just leave it as that. 

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Without wanting to get into the possibly political reasons behind the decision, and although some might refer to it as a 'judicial coup,' wasn't she removed from office by a Constitutional Court decision rather than a military coup?

Shame she went Top looking lady Ask Obama he tried a few times to seduce her. Was all over her in one pic

• Like 1

Outside of dyed through groupies and brainwashed grass roots, who would deny the good(?) old: 'Thaksin speaks, PT does' is, still, very actual?!

For me, somewhere, so far so good, though deplorable, some millions of Thais would still fall for the magician's tricks (there you have trillions of taxpayers' money, hocus pocus, here you have mountains of rotting rice, yes, overpaid, totally, but look, the poorest farmers didn't get one Baht, waow, only my friends made Billions, fabulous, ...f.i.).

No, what hurts me, is that it are those people (paid for in some way or not) who dare to take the word 'Democracy' to their mouth. And that is scandalous, to the point they even ignore what 'the great manipulator' has said, himself: 'Democracy is not my goal'! The shamelessness of some posters here is astonishing!

Edited by bangrak
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

I don’t know and you don’t know so why speculate. The Act have all the provisions on donations from 10k to 10m Baht and full details of donors. You can’t prove it. Just leave it as that. 

Khun Eric, I don't know whether Robblock is able to prove it. But can you show your ... Thaksin (what is he to you in the end, paying some salary to you?) didn't, via some of the many hidden sideways so typical for him, hasn't made such donations?

Aren't you 'speculating' he didn't, as part of the Shins' propaganda machine?

5 minutes ago, bangrak said:

Khun Eric, I don't know whether Robblock is able to prove it. But can you show your ... Thaksin (what is he to you in the end, paying some salary to you?) didn't, via some of the many hidden sideways so typical for him, hasn't made such donations?

Aren't you 'speculating' he didn't, as part of the Shins' propaganda machine?

I don't think that Eric Loh would take ANY money from anyone that he did not earn.

Though I don't always agree with his posts he is one of the most honest and fairest posters on TVF, and certainly one of the most trustworthy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I don't think that Eric Loh would take ANY money from anyone that he did not earn.

Though I don't always agree with his posts he is one of the most honest and fairest posters on TVF, and certainly one of the most trustworthy.

Are you saying he's earning money with the Shins, that they're paying him a salary or so (though that's not what it's called for attorneys...), or something else, the opposite maybe?

As for 'most honest and fair' and 'most trustworthy', that is your opinion, and is as such to be respected, but not necessarily shared.