Moto Registration stolen what to do

DJ54

Do you mean the tax paper?

You should go to the police to file a report and then go to the local Land & Transport office with the green book for the bike and the police report, the green book has a page in it with the details of when the tax was last issued / paid etc.

Or should I just say lost to skip having to go to police station? Second time it’s happened. Once 2 years ago they ripped the bracket off. This time they were kind enough to unbolt the two bolts. Guess it’s superglue time. 

40 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Or should I just say lost to skip having to go to police station? Second time it’s happened. Once 2 years ago they ripped the bracket off. This time they were kind enough to unbolt the two bolts. Guess it’s superglue time. 

This will depend on your local DLT office, some do insist on a police report, some don't, worth a try for sure.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

If it's happened twice why not keep it under the seat?  If you get one keep a copy of the police report to show any disbelieving police in the future although I have not had any issues when I have been stopped about it not being displayed.

16 hours ago, Mattd said:

This will depend on your local DLT office, some do insist on a police report, some don't, worth a try for sure.

Correct, Chiang Mai wants the police report before issuing a replacement tax disc - The police report costs 20 Baht and takes 2 minutes.

6 hours ago, Formaleins said:

Correct, Chiang Mai wants the police report before issuing a replacement tax disc - The police report costs 20 Baht and takes 2 minutes.

Wasn't required when mine was stolen (twice) - just took the green book to the DLT in Lamphun Road. Thieves take them to stick on their own bikes, relying on the police to not inspect them too closely.

Mine is now stuck on with heavy duty cloth tape, and it's obvious to any thief it is more trouble to get off than it's worth.

On 20/02/2018 at 2:28 PM, Mattd said:

Do you mean the tax paper?

You should go to the police to file a report and then go to the local Land & Transport office with the green book for the bike and the police report, the green book has a page in it with the details of when the tax was last issued / paid etc.

I think he means the registration papers....

My paper registration was stolen (bolted in case on bike)".