Sustainable living courses in Essan?

LM405

Does anyone know if they offer sustainable living courses in Essan? Perhaps in Ubon Ratchathani or neighboring provinces? I am aware that the majority of these courses can be found in the North of Thailand. Pun Pun and Saihanan are just a few to name. My time is limited to so taking a trip up North is impossible.

Does anyone know if they offer sustainable living courses in Essan? Perhaps in Ubon Ratchathani or neighboring provinces? I am aware that the majority of these courses can be found in the North of Thailand. Pun Pun and Saihanan are just a few to name. My time is limited to so taking a trip up North is impossible.
Maybe ask in the Isaan forum.

Robert from Aquaponics Thailand runs 2 and 3 day classes in aquaponics. He's Bangkok based.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well i thought that the main purpose that a farang travelled halfway across the world to pick a poor partner from a backward Isaan village and who does not speak his language or understand his culture nor share his religion or food habits was primarily for sustaining his life! That should itself be classed as sustainable living!! :sorry:

On 2/21/2018 at 12:25 PM, Speedo1968 said:

I have been in farming of all kinds since 1961, mostly overseas including Thailand.    

Some "sustainable" ( including my own in South America in the 70's ), others large commercial farms.

I assume "sustainable living" means growing your own foods etc. is that correct ?

It is not something you can learn in a few days and, I am not sure what value a course would be.

Unless you are committed to the daily tribulations of such a project you will need to find a trustworthy caretaker.

Think carefully and wisely before hand.

There is a book that may be of use to you which I read when it was first published in 1976, a new edition was published in 2003.  Available from Amazon etc.

The book  "The Complete Book of Self Sufficiency" by John Seymour, a classic of its time.   The principles haven't really changed and, though not specific for Thailand's generally sub-tropical climate, basics can be pretty much the same.

• Like 1