"We can't stand it any longer!" Three aunties hold press conference on sidewalk outside house at center of illegal parking drama

webfact

Obviously people saying the ladies are wrong don't even know about the situation. Every Saturday, Sunday it's impossible for them to even get out of their house from 3.00 in the morning until well past 2 PM. The noise, the pollution etc, is absolutely horrible. I get their point and I hope they win their battle.

4 hours ago, Coastrider said:

It would help if Thais took the time to read...I saw a big sign and thought no one lived there. I used to ask my Ex if she could read, because they look but dont read.. I would be pissed too if this happened to me all the time, as I am sure most people on her would,

The rest are Bullshitters.  Go girls go..show true thainess.

One day i wanted to buy a new helmet in a shop underneath Saphan Kwai bts station. When i drove onto the pavement (there's no other way of going to these shops) the motocy taxi pointed at a sign all in Thai script, i could only read the 5000 number and then realised it was the fine for driving on the sidewalk.

So i parked on the road, asked the shopowner where i could park and he said on the sidewalk right behind his window was fine...so i did that.

So it would also help if the Thai made roadsigns in english and thai so also farangs can understand them.

Cones will not work because this idiot driver double parked across the driveway and the cones are only going to stop people parking in the curb across the driveway.

I do not agree with what the ladies did but I can understand it.

There is no way that I would ever think about keying a car. I would look at the car and think it looks dirty and being a nice person that I am I would help them by washing their car. First thing is to remove the dirt and for that I would use brake fluid and then I would not have the time to finish the job so the owner would have to do that at home after a period of time and as the owner tries to hose the brake fluid of all the paint would come with it. Suck it up driver. Come and double park across my driveway

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

Couldn’t they just buy some orange cones for 80 baht and set them out there? 

I'd hazard a guess and suggest that as this is one of the most common ways of preventing people from illegally parking in front of your driveway that this was tried, tested and failed right at the very beginning. 

If someone is selfish enough to park blocking the driveway of someone's house with so many signs up they are brazen enough to move the cones. 

It is not uncommon for houses with such gates to have security guards - I wonder if this house had guards, but it would seem that perhaps not as it would be the guard tasked with preventing people from parking and blocking access. 

This is a messy situation, but only so because people are forced to take the law into their own hands after the Police fail to act, the knock-on effect of Police Inaction is that people develop a sense of entitlement. 

This sense of entitlement as manifested itself into a full-blown market on residential land where people believe they have the right, that they have done nothing wrong and with it the people who park anywhere they want because 'they are just going to be a few minutes'.... All of it, the whole issue because the Police have failed to enforce the law, even after lawsuits have been filed and won against the Market Owners for their Illegal Market on residential land. 

4 hours ago, noahvail said:

This is the solution. In Bangkok you would get rich within months !!!

When parked wrong or you didn't pay the parking fee,  in the Netherlands and your car gets towed away. The fee to have it returned is 10,000 THB for the tow away service, plus over a 2,000 THB parking fine and another 500 THB for every hour the car wasn't picked up. I know all about it as I paid 325 Euro in 2015 when my rental was towed away because I paid for 90 minutes as it was the maximum, I arrived 10 minutes late, seeing the rental getting towed away. The driver without any mercy just handed me over the ticket and I had to travel to the other side of town to pick it up. No bus stop in the vicinity of the place where you could pick up the car as it was in the outskirts of town. Nowadays the fine and tow away service fee is increased by 20% due to administration fees... 

A friend had another solution avoiding cars parking in front of his house. He was tired of not to be able leaving his house at all. He had put 2 big reinforced concrete flower pots beside his "driveway" each weighing about 1,000 kg with some plants in them and just not enough space to park a car in between, however he can drive his car inside as the opening is about 3 meters. In a year time 4 cars and 15 motorcycles already have crashed into them. The flower pots were hardly damaged.

Edited by PAIBKK

1 hour ago, YetAnother said:

initially it seemed that the root cause here was not enough parking, too many cars in bangkok,etc; however this article points out the parking available not far away;

thus it seems the car/truck driver was exercising a rich blend of thai laziness and disregard for others  

Just sheer arogance 

Just wanted to be that little bit closer

& as for acknowledging that she was aware that the horn was for her, but then explained she wasn't finished may my heart bleed & apolagise to the driver & say take as long as you want (moron) 

This is how aragant they can be 

In the new Central Plaza (korat ) one day & plenty of parking (I even got close to the door ). There was a wide thoroughfare in front & to the side of me (since I was parked in a corner space ).

There was even a space behind me

But guess what ! A driver comes along (Thai I presume ), & parks right beside me in the thoroughfare leaving the space behind me empty

6 hours ago, mercman24 said:

ok i  have suffered this but to say a person could not go to hospital with a BROKEN LEG  because of a vehicle is obstructing a driveway is just pathetic, total bullshit drama queens

just how would you get your car out of your drive way to take a kid to the hospital?pick it up? call a taxi? this being thailand the ass hole who parked her car in a private drive way is lucky she isn't wearing a couple of bullet wounds! thai's do have a habit of going for their guns!

The street market near my house is a nightmare in early evening both sides of the road due to parked cars !!

The police had a crackdown, pushed the stalls that had been steadily encroaching into the road back and set up parking cones .

The cones disappeared gradually in about 2 weeks !

Ironically there is a car park at the back specifically for the market but it remains empty as they charge 10 baht !! ?

What about the aunties parking in the road across their own drive?!

8 minutes ago, drgoon said:

Simple solution...  let their tyres down. Inconvenience the offender.

This would delay and inconvenience that driver for sure but the next one?????

3 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Maybe it's me, but I don't see any problem, why they don't put 3 buckets in front of the entrance on the street.

When I live in Phuket long time ago, everybody put 3 buckets on the street to make a "private reservation" for ther voitures.

Yeah... because even before years of ongoing battles, court cases etc... they didn't think about putting buckets, cones or other movable objects out to protect against people parking illegally in their driveway.... :coffee1:

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, timendres said:

They live in this semi-palace, but can't afford the very low cost of a security guard out front to keep the drive clear?

I think you are missing the point, why should they employ security guards to keep their drive clear?

Quite simply nobody should park in front of any sort of access without very good reason, i.e. emergency services etc. or should the local council employ security guards on every street corner to stop folks blocking the access, seen this more than once. It is plain wrong, total lack of thought and therein lies the problem, in general there isn't any thought other than whatever the offender is doing, completely oblivious to anything or anybody else, they drive like it, walk like it and live life like it!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

What may have added to the siblings’ outrage was the fact that Rachanikorn told them she had heard the horn blowing but she chose not to return because she had not yet finished her shopping.

Plain selfish behaviour in my opinion. 

I am siding with the homeowners.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mattd said:

I think you are missing the point, why should they employ security guards to keep their drive clear?

Quite simply nobody should park in front of any sort of access without very good reason, i.e. emergency services etc. or should the local council employ security guards on every street corner to stop folks blocking the access, seen this more than once. It is plain wrong, total lack of thought and therein lies the problem, in general there isn't any thought other than whatever the offender is doing, completely oblivious to anything or anybody else, they drive like it, walk like it and live life like it!

And I don't like mosquitos. If I lost my sh!t every time they annoyed me, life would be pretty miserable. Mosquito nets are an affordable solution, just as a security guard is here. The world is full of morons and @holes. You can either waste your precious life thinking you can cure that, or you can be intelligent.

Edited by timendres
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Maybe it's me, but I don't see any problem, why they don't put 3 buckets in front of the entrance on the street.

When I live in Phuket long time ago, everybody put 3 buckets on the street to make a "private reservation" for ther voitures.

The buckets or the cones or what ever else you want to use does not work when the driver of the car double parks out on the road and not in the gutter like normal people would.

Nothing except the police and a tow truck will stop that idiot driver from double parking, whether it is across a driveway or just to block a car from getting out from the curb.

3 minutes ago, timendres said:

And I don't like mosquitos. If I lost my sh!t every time they annoyed me, life would be pretty miserable. Mosquito nets are an affordable solution, just as a security guard is here. The world is full of morons and @holes. You can either waste your precious life thinking you can cure that, or you can be intelligent.

Yes, security guards are affordable here so why isn't the markets that are causing the problem not hiring security guards to ensure there are no problems. Greedy markets and lazy police

• Thanks 1

I was amused when I happened across these on Lazada. 

https://www.lazada.co.th/hiso-car-1-13239364.html

Phone number parking Contact

The only thing I can think is that they allow someone you've blocked in to call you just before they thrash your car out of frustration.  But I'm sure someone else knows what they're really for...

Edited by impulse

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

I was amused when I happened across these on Lazada. 

https://www.lazada.co.th/hiso-car-1-13239364.html

Phone number parking Contact

The only thing I can think is that they allow someone you've blocked in to call you just before they thrash your car out of frsutration.  But I'm sure someone else knows what they're really for...

Actually they are exactly for this type of situation but the driver must still answer the phone and respond by moving their car.

The only thing is and being a nice farang gentleman that I am, that mabye just maybe I might put my ex-g/f phone number in there and just keep driving around a deliberately block people in all night so that they can ring her.

I know of a very simple non destructive method of immobilising a car. If the house owners knew of it they could immobilise every car illegally parked, causing the owners a big problem, and eventually, drivers might stop being antisocial idiots.

Unfortunately, the owners are obviously unable to sell the house, and in a just world, the council that allows the problem to continue should buy it.

Perhaps they could chain up the wheels and not unlock it till the car owner paid for them to do so. Might as well make some money out of a bad situation.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

15 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

The buckets or the cones or what ever else you want to use does not work when the driver of the car double parks out on the road and not in the gutter like normal people would.

Nothing except the police and a tow truck will stop that idiot driver from double parking, whether it is across a driveway or just to block a car from getting out from the curb.

Normally when they do that they leave the handbrake off so people can move it. That didn't happen this time.

20 minutes ago, timendres said:

5555 I have heard some rubbish but..........

I rather think that the folks that are blocking have a tiny bit more intelligence than mosquitoes, if only they would start using it and think first.

No matter how you paint it, the ones that are parking there are being damn right lazy and selfish and I still do not understand why anybody would think differently, or why this issue should cost the house owners money by employing somebody, it should NOT be necessary.

I can bet my last dollar that the ones that offend would be the first to complain if it happened in reverse.

Imagine if you lived in a condo and somebody kept blocking your front door with a bloody great big box everyday!

Edited by Mattd
  • Like 2