First “B” visa.......where to go?

You will need more than a job offer to apply for the non-b visa.

You will need supporting documents from your employer and a work permit application approval letter.

Most people go to the consulates in Kota Bharu or Penang Malaysia for their visas from Samui.

What type of visa entry do you have now?

1 minute ago, Goonerandy said:

Ah yes, I did mean that will have the supporting documents from the school. Currently a METV.

I thought I read in here that Penang were no longer issuing the non-b-visa for teachers?

If teaching you don't need the work permit application done. But you may need a police clearance certificate.

I don't recall any reports of Penang not doing single entry non-b visas for teaching.

10 hours ago, Goonerandy said:

Ah ok, thanks. Sorry for asking, but what are the differences between a single and a multi b visa for teaching? If it gets extended in line with the WP, I don’t get the differences.

A single only allows one 90 day entry. A multiple allows unlimited 90 day entries for a  year from the date of issue.

You only need a single entry visa.

18 hours ago, Goonerandy said:

Ah ok, thanks. Sorry for asking, but what are the differences between a single and a multi b visa for teaching? If it gets extended in line with the WP, I don’t get the differences.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

The multi B would require you to do a border hop every 3 months. If you wanted to travel to other countries, that would be a good thing. However, if you planned to stay in Thailand only, for the duration of your employment, then a single B visa, extended by immigration, would suffice. (You'd need re-entry permits to leave and re-enter Thailand, in order not to lose your extension.) Another thing to consider is, what happens after you resign from your job; a visa extension would require you to leave the country almost immediately, while a, still valid, visa entry could give you the chance to stay as long as your original visa is valid. (Anyone please correct me, if this info is outdated thanks to new regulations.)

Edited by StayinThailand2much