Please recommend a good health insurance

3421abc

I've been thinking about the same thing - as I've been with BUPA Thailand for years.  I used nowcompare.com and that came up with Allianz, Regency and Cigna at around the same cost as my old BUPA policy, Aetna at double the premium and BUPA at four times the current premium!

But I don't have any direct knowledge of anyone except BUPA.

If considering brokers, do not waste your time with NowCompare. Absolute Mickey Mouse operation for service provision with wrong quotes, outdated package references (MHS/LUMA) and erroneous info on package requirements. Cigna Gold has been recommended here often. Bupa seems to get some feedback of not paying. Got myself Regency that seems to have good coverage.

Edited by QuoterSpace
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, QuoterSpace said:

If considering brokers, do not waste your time with NowCompare. Absolute Mickey Mouse operation for service provision with wrong quotes, outdated package references (MHS/LUMA) and erroneous info on package requirements. Cigna Gold has been recommended here often. Bupa seems to get some feedback of not paying. Got myself Regency that seems to have good coverage.

I would like to know how good Regency is on paying and if the fees goes up.

I think Regency depends to CompareNow somehow... not sure...

But yes... everything from Recency Health Insurance on the paper looks good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 3421abc said:

I am going to sign up with Pacific Cross. Does anyone have any experiences with this insurance company?

Yes, I am at the moment with this Insurance. But I guess I will change next year. All in all i am happy except one part of the contract.

That if you use this Insurance of more than 200% of the yearly fee, then they will increase the yearly fee for 25%. Mean if you pay like 40'000 baht per year, and you have a hospital bill of 100'000. they will increase. mean next year the original fee would be 42'000 because of age brakets.. then you have to pay 52'500 baht. so if you have again a bill of let's say 110'000 baht it will increase again by 25%, which mean you have to pay 156% of the fee which is written as original fee for your age. Meaning if you have a cronic condition your Insurance will becoming very expensive in a few years and you can't change the Insurance company anymore.

The price and everything overall except of this looks fine for Pacific Cross. Now I started already to check other insurances if every have the same Increase or not. I have now about 9 months left to find a better option. If every other Insurance handles the increased fees the same as Pacific Cross, then I would stay with them.

As the person at Pacific Cross explained me, that the Thai law alloweds them to increase maximum of this 25%. But he also explained, that they also could increase if you only use the Insurance in 1 year of maybe 50K.. or maybe you use 150K but they not increase... it will be handled case by case.

At the moment I not sure if I can find a better solution, because the good part of Pacific cross is with your card you can walk into a hospital without paying upfront. And even outpatient is included with a small yearly fee. The premiums seems OK for me. and they have many different maximum payments ...

6 hours ago, 3421abc said:

I am going to sign up with Pacific Cross. Does anyone have any experiences with this insurance company?

I'm with them for some years. Never had a problem. Last year i had to stay in hospital for 8 days. Total cost were about 1.2 Million Baht. They paid without any problems.

PC is for me freedom of mind. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, schlog said:

I'm with them for some years. Never had a problem. Last year i had to stay in hospital for 8 days. Total cost were about 1.2 Million Baht. They paid without any problems.

PC is for me freedom of mind. 

And your yearly fees increased this year?

I can suggest AIA. I've had health insurance with them for three years now.

I have a slightly lower cover than when I was with BUPA, but the AIA cost is significantly lower. Having said that, you can select the level of cover that suits you.

The reason I left BUPA after five years was the no-claims-refund they offered you annually, as long as you paid your renewal premium on time. I did, and despite the admin office saying them would send it, they never did.

It was only when a new MD took over about three years ago and mailed all policyholders suggesting they contact him if they had any issues. I did, and after a few weeks got my five years no-claims-refunds.

I still left left, as every year the price went up, plus I still didn't fancy fighting every year to get my refund.

At least with AIA they agree to keep the renewal price the same for three years - and have kept their word on that.

Just now, schlog said:

Will see end of the year but i have group insurance with them. So maybe small increase maybe not.

OK, except of the possible high increase after an incident the rest looks good with this insurance.

And If other Insurances also have the same increase on usage then I think will stay with PC. Actually I hope never to use them..

I also looked into Cigna Close  Care, which is from the price also attractive.

On 2/21/2018 at 9:53 PM, Kinnock said:

I've been thinking about the same thing - as I've been with BUPA Thailand for years.  I used nowcompare.com and that came up with Allianz, Regency and Cigna at around the same cost as my old BUPA policy, Aetna at double the premium and BUPA at four times the current premium!

But I don't have any direct knowledge of anyone except BUPA.

Apply now before age 70 to enjoy our Lifetime Renewal guarantee.

27702377_23842754401010586_4018174679750
Brilliantly simple health insurance solutions for discerning global residents.
Get Quote
LUMAHEALTH.COM

Luma Health Insurance
Spon S sored S  ·  Apply now before age 70 to enjoy our Lifetime Renewal guarantee.
27702377_23842754401010586_4018174679750541312_n.png?_nc_eui2=v1:AeGhS8A-0CSHMK1DnJYaiaWp_10HgRL6j8IZsRxhWckzqiDFp-VaoqqY5rKqprILbAVCyEJ84QTuN7EJLh660DFToioXl1nn5Yv1g17f3TIy6A%26oh=b6bd2023501ad8cf42c590b8c7756c8a%26oe=5B12742F&key=6aab6d3fe3c661aba443ed2938c327d08659d431839cce69e740005a047d977c Health Insurance for Expats Brilliantly simple health insurance solutions for discerning global residents. Get Quote LUMAHEALTH.COM  

About how much per year for THB1,000,000 coverage on a 60 year old male?

How long is the rate locked in?

8 minutes ago, mogandave said:

About how much per year for THB1,000,000 coverage on a 60 year old male?

How long is the rate locked in?

Not sure you need to contact them for specific information, I don't have this policy but like the fact that it is renewable for lifetime if you sign up by 70