11 passengers injured as bus crashes into tree

snoop1130

11 passengers injured as bus crashes into tree

By The Nation

853dd94d8052b61cf4b18e4043806885.jpeg

Eleven passengers were injured when an air-conditioned bus in Bangkok crashed into a tree on a slippery road following rains on Thursday.

Pol Lt-Colonel Chitawan Nua-on, deputy inspector of Ratburana Police Station, said the accident happened in front of the Ratburana district office at 11.30am.

Bus No Por-Or 6 plying the Bang Lamphu-Phra Pradaeng route crashed into a large roadside tree on Ratburana Road.

Many of the 11 passengers suffered head injuries and bruises. They were rushed to the Suksawat Hospital.

Driver Thongsuk said his bus was heading to the Phra Pradaeng stop and most passengers were getting ready to get off when he lost control of the bus.

He said the road was slippery and the wornout bus tyres could not grip properly.

He said that as he lost control, he saw many vehicles on the right lane so he decided to stop the bus by crashing it into the tree instead of the other vehicles.

Chitawan said police would interrogate the injured passengers before deciding whether to charge the bus driver.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30339464

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-2-22

I used to live on ratburana.  The buses speed along there, one tried to hit me pushing my son in his buggy across the road then reversed back and wanted to fight me when I waived my arm at him. This fool was drugged up and raging. Many people knew me there so I walked into the nearby tyre shop and picked up an iron bar and walked back outside while a woman looked after my son in his buggy. The driver got back on his bus and drove away.. I can imagine it being this prick..

Edited by kingkenny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, johncat1 said:

Damned inconsiderate of the road to be slippery

Especially for someone with worn out tyres. Did the tree survive? Why would they interrogate the injured passengers, or maybe their centre of gravity helped cause the accident. No brake failure though.

What was that tree doing in the middle of the way in the first hand !!...And naturally the driver was not speeding and his pace was fully adapted to the wet conditions !??!! :clap2:

Wish a prompt recovery to the injured.

Edited by observer90210
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He said the road was slippery and the wornout bus tyres could not grip properly.

This will earn him a defamation charge and a pink slip by the bus company :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

wornout bus tyres could not grip properly

New tyres are not available or is it that the  bus line needs the money to put in their own accounts.  I keep reading about the much touted safety inspections - I guess they missed this bus!

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, BEVUP said:

WOW

I think this may be the first Thai bus driver to admit negligence 

Quote " I lost control of my bus due to the worn out tyres on the slippery road "

I agree...in some way you have to respect him for that

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BEVUP said:

WOW

I think this may be the first Thai bus driver to admit negligence 

Quote " I lost control of my bus due to the worn out tyres on the slippery road "

No. He blamed the tyres. It wasn't his fault at all, poor chap. It never is, is it. Ever. About anything.

Everybody knows slick tyres are only used for racing in dry weather,

he should have returned to the bus garage and had wet weather tyres

put on..............can you imagine the carnage if they had snow and black ice here.

glad it was not the brakes this time,sick of hearing that excuse.

regards worgeordie

• Like 2

That's a big tree to knock down .. The bus was obviously driving to fast for both traffic conditions and road conditions. Mention these 2 phrases to the average Thai driver.. They will stare back at you with blank looks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk