Dramatic video shows Pattaya tour bus write off 18 motorcycles

webfact

10 hours ago, LennyW said:

Surely if that is the driver running after the bus he would know the door is on the other side???

Remember you are in Thailand and they have a drivers door on the right hand side plus the passengers door on the left hand side

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:28 AM, norrska said:

Oh yeah.  Build a huge car park outside town and then connect to the inner city by travelators and moveable walkways.  The next great infrastructure project and soooooo futuristic!

your reply is so silly ..do you even live near soi 1 and beach rd,do you even live in pattaya? do you eeven live in Thailand.....cause its exactly what is needed (not sure about the futureistic part but),this city is choking itself to death with traffic jams,its only a matter of time until it is impossible for traffic to flow,at peak times of the day and evening..the only solution Is park and ride with large parking lots,near sukumvit rd..or mabey enlighten us with your solution...we are full to the nuts here in pattaya?

Edited by mok199
speliing

On 2/23/2018 at 9:34 AM, mok199 said:

ya'all listening yet,as I have been ranting about this for 5 years now...they have thrown this city pattaya ''under the bus''..in the beginning the bus traffic was limited to beach rd ,now all the small sois and narrow roads are used by buses to park and sleep and avoid the very traffic they themselves have created ,as they pull down lower hanging trees and power lines to these drivers any road is fairgame and any speed and or rpm is ok...screaming around belching smoke..the tour bus and its drivers ,in my opinion is the #1 problem now facing urban pattaya..these filthy buses should be parked outside the city and never allowed into city limits...most other civilized countrys are trying to reduce traffic chaos, while Thailand has no respect for anyone or anything,until pattaya comes to a standstill and chokes on its own greed..do not blame this on the Chinese,they just ride around in comfort while we on the ground suffer....and I suggest to anyone who thinks this is an over reaction..come down to pattaya at 8 am any given day.....it is simply insanity and out of control...

I get what you're saying but then how do folk get to their hotels once they have been dropped off on the outskirts of town? Even more traffic me thinks.

6 hours ago, Jerry780 said:

I get what you're saying but then how do folk get to their hotels once they have been dropped off on the outskirts of town? Even more traffic me thinks.

20 words or less.... large buses, motorways only,off load baggage ,tourists into smaller cleaner more efficient city buses,educate drivers follow speed limits...

half the lanes are used as parking slots,

pattaya need more parking slots, any new building must have that as requirement to be built,

and some current buildings need to be turned into parking slots.

also impose a big tax on anything bigger than a 2 wheeled bike into the city

Maybe the bus driver was that pigged off with no one able to park because of motor cycle rent a bike occupying near all the beach road.  But really what on earth are the licencing authorities doing letting this guy drive-or in charge of a PSV vehicle.     A good Idea would be for the bus companies finish the job off and make a clean sweep of the whole of beach road.     I love it when trying to park   and an endless kerbside of business M/cycles there------do they pay for the parking right  ??  if so who to ??