Smoking ban PR effort moves to Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

Smoking ban PR effort moves to Pattaya Beach

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya officials will kick off their Pattaya Beach anti-smoking campaign today with a parade down Beach Road.

Deputy City Manager, legal chief Sretapol Boon­sawat and Thanet Manoi, director of the Marine and Coastal Resources Management Office met Feb. 13 with public health workers, tourist police and other city departments to outline the public-relations effort to get people to adhere to Thailand’s ban on smoking on the beach.

The ban took effect Feb. 1. Until now, Pattaya officials had concentrated their efforts to publicize the ban to Jomtien Beach. Having declared victory there, the city is moving to Pattaya and Naklua beaches to educate both beach-goers and vendors about the ban and its penalties.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/smoking-ban-pr-effort-moves-pattaya-beach-202877

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-02-23

From Pattaya Mail:  Pattaya officials will start publicizing the legal restriction on smoking as well as its health hazards on Pattaya Beach Friday, Feb. 23, after proclaiming their previous campaign on Jomtien Beach a success.

Health hazards: Don't go in the sea...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Perhaps they can apply the same fines to restaurant owners for allowing customers to smoke while others are trying to eat, and in the presence of children, oh sorry, forgot where I was again.

And allow dogs to circulate their bacteria among the diners.  I take my custom elsewhere if there's a dog visible.  I don't mind them in the kitchens of Indian restaurants though as was reported last week.

On 24/02/2018 at 1:36 PM, mikebell said:

And allow dogs to circulate their bacteria among the diners.  I take my custom elsewhere if there's a dog visible.  I don't mind them in the kitchens of Indian restaurants though as was reported last week.

I make it a habit to only eat out, which is seldom as my wife is a great cook and loves to cook for me and the kids, yes a rare breed, no complaints here, but whenever she wants a day/night off, easy done for me, suffice to say, the kitchen must be visible so I can see them preparing the food and cooking it, none is this, oh no, I have the runs again, hospital with drip in arm, etc, etc.

Like you, if I see a dog, cat, smoker/s I am out of there an will never return.

Must try Indian though....555

Edited by 4MyEgo