Dash cams help req'd.

Carlosm

Thanks for all the replies.

Having considered this a lot it appears that the 3 main ones mentioned, T626SE, G1W and the Xiaomi Yi  are all very good for the price. It was a coin toss as to which one but went for the Xiaomi Yi  :-

https://www.lazada.co.th/xiaomi-yi-dash-cam-full-hd-1080p-adas-wi-fi-gray-sandisk-microsd16gb-class10-98mbs-ultra-29810989.html?spm=a2o4m.prod.reccomendations-list-item_page-bottom.2.650966996qaSxF&lzd_rec_event_src=UN355ELAB2R3ICANTH&lzd_rec_event_dest=XI482ELAAHQYB1ANTH&strat=viewed_viewed&pa=item_page.bottom

This one has the bracket to attach to your rear view mirror and the 16GB card which are obviously very important.

Will write a review when i get it in the next few days.

5 hours ago, Carlosm said:

Thanks for all the replies.

Having considered this a lot it appears that the 3 main ones mentioned, T626SE, G1W and the Xiaomi Yi  are all very good for the price. It was a coin toss as to which one but went for the Xiaomi Yi  :-

https://www.lazada.co.th/xiaomi-yi-dash-cam-full-hd-1080p-adas-wi-fi-gray-sandisk-microsd16gb-class10-98mbs-ultra-29810989.html?spm=a2o4m.prod.reccomendations-list-item_page-bottom.2.650966996qaSxF&lzd_rec_event_src=UN355ELAB2R3ICANTH&lzd_rec_event_dest=XI482ELAAHQYB1ANTH&strat=viewed_viewed&pa=item_page.bottom

This one has the bracket to attach to your rear view mirror and the 16GB card which are obviously very important.

Will write a review when i get it in the next few days.

1years warranty too.

^^^ Great choice... Out of the box it’s menu is all Chinese so don’t try to set anything up with the devices menu... get the app on your phone and sync them together (Many YouTube apps will show you how)... then the setup is a breeze as the app is in English!...

51 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

^^^ Great choice... Out of the box it’s menu is all Chinese so don’t try to set anything up with the devices menu... get the app on your phone and sync them together (Many YouTube apps will show you how)... then the setup is a breeze as the app is in English!...

Thanks, though i this this one states it has an English menu, if not i will follow your advice, cant wait to try it out.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JoeBloe said:

It is very noticeable that none of them show a photograph with the power cable, which one assumes must dangle from the rear view mirror to the cigarette lighter in all eternity.

Not a great solution

The power cable comes with all of them, it tucks in easily round the top of the windscreen, down the door rubber, behind the glove compartment and out next to the cigarette lighter.... took me about 10 minutes.

Great solution !

On 2/24/2018 at 3:03 PM, NanLaew said:

Seconded.

Had one of these for about a year, works great and the alloy body seems a whole lot more resilient than the plastic ones that preceded it. The only modification I made was to source a different windscreen suction mount as the OEM one wasn't up to the steeper rake of the Ranger windshield. Bought an after-market one and it now it all hides in front of the rear-view mirror.

Just got a 5% insurance discount from AXA for having it as well.

Spoke too soon! Just went tits-up on me, blank white screen and no button functionality (couldn't even turn it off). 

Shopped around on lazada and see it's still popular and I didn't want to change the existing cable runs. I had an imminent road trip and couldn't wait 5-days for lazada so bought the replacement at the local IT mall. It appears that somewhere in the interim, they have replaced the rear-camera connector from a micro-USB style to a micro-HDMI and the rear-cam cable has a 5-pin in-line connector versus the 3-pin one in the old one. No big deal as the rear cam cabling was easily re-run tucked up in the roof liner and behind the rubber door gaskets. Also used the existing power wiring... 15 minute job.

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Spoke too soon! Just went tits-up on me, blank white screen and no button functionality (couldn't even turn it off). 

Shopped around on lazada and see it's still popular and I didn't want to change the existing cable runs. I had an imminent road trip and couldn't wait 5-days for lazada so bought the replacement at the local IT mall. It appears that somewhere in the interim, they have replaced the rear-camera connector from a micro-USB style to a micro-HDMI and the rear-cam cable has a 5-pin in-line connector versus the 3-pin one in the old one. No big deal as the rear cam cabling was easily re-run tucked up in the roof liner and behind the rubber door gaskets. Also used the existing power wiring... 15 minute job.

Which dashcam are you talking about ?

Archived