Thai student helps foreign English teacher after bike accident

rooster59

Thai student helps foreign English teacher after bike accident

28377549_431828170593321_5377520492975939685_n.jpg

Image: TNews

Thais online praised a high school student pictured helping a Westerner in distress after a motorcycle accident.

TNews quoted a poster on Facebook who said that they were travelling in the Ban Nong Bua area when they saw a motorcycle on its side and a Thai boy in school uniform cradling a foreigner in his arms.

Medics were called and the poster asked the boy - Akkradech Aksorn -  what had happened.

He said that the man is an English teacher at his school - Jaturachada School - where he studies. The teacher was giving him a lift to school on Friday morning when he seemed to suffer a seizure and lose control of the bike crashing by the side of the road.

Akkradech would not leave his teacher waiting until help arrived.

The pictures ended up on the page of Jao Phor Clip Det. 

No other details were reported and the condition of the accident victim is not known at this time.

27657572_431828117259993_4083522371360527789_n.jpg

28378205_431828090593329_3339827549454642518_n.jpg

28059201_431828193926652_2310178059045014226_n.jpg

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-24
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The Student boy was a passenger on the bike .

Its not as if he was a passerby who stopped to give assisstance

Exactly. Unfortunately, I can all too clearly picture dozens of cars and motorbikes passing the scene without anyone bothering to stop and help. We see it everyday in news videos.

While the boy certainly deserves a commendation, it is a sad statement for the country of Thailand that a story like this makes the news at all. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, kingkenny said:

I guess I am cynical but why is a teacher giving a student a lift to school on his motorcycle. Is this normal here?

Why? You think he gave him some "home-schooling"?

If they live in the same village/street: why not?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, the guest said:

Teachers in Thailand ? Hardly what I would describe them, unless they have trained in a teaching College or University for many years, and obtained their teaching degree. 

Having said, the country doesn't exactly attract the cream, does it!

i don't think that's necessarily true. i know some decent teachers here who have pgce's but obviously there is still a market for not so well trained teachers. they're just there for conversation,, the thais teach the grammar generally. they pay unqualified teachers very little so what would you expect. i taught myself when i first came here. lasted about a month. bloody hated it but some like it so up to them

2 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Good for him-well done, and,yes,I would certainly  commend him.

Anyone (of whatever nationality) is a good Samaritan in my view..if they stop and render assistance to others,.

What say you?

I say actually read the article. The boy was traveling with the teacher, he didn't stop to help him.

Nonetheless good of him to stick by his teacher's side.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

Typical empty headed Thai Visa Forum responses among so many. 

Never a good word to say about anything.

Carry on finding fault with anything and everything, Mr Bundle of Joy.

If a person is on a motorbike as a passenger and the bike driver falls off , I do think that the passenger would be expected to take some care of the driver, until help came , that should be expected, rather than commended .

The second bit was humour.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bullie said:

If they live in the same village/street: why not?

Because of typical Western mindset. "A man in the presence of a child? Must be a paedophile!" Followed by a knee-jerk reaction of banning any life-enriching activity.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Happy enough said:

whats that got to do with anything?

fact if no driver license insurance will not cover the cost of treatment if he have insurance and meny come Thailand teaching with out working visa so therefore police will ban him if no have the proper visa so it have everythino to do with this 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, kingkenny said:

Each to their own I guess. If you can't see a problem with this then that is up to you.  Personally I would never put myself in that position. 

If the boy was a friend of the family's or a relative, why not give him a lift?  If he is just a student, absolutely not, as you say 'never'.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

fact if no driver license insurance will not cover the cost of treatment if he have insurance and meny come Thailand teaching with out working visa so therefore police will ban him if no have the proper visa so it have everythino to do with this 

there was no talk about a hospital bill. hopefully he's covered. was about a kid helping out someone. which is good

• Like 2