House registration in children's names

dauu

Yes ....... but

No loans are allowed (can't put minors into debt)

You won't be allowed to sell it (kid can sell when age 21) .... court theoretically could allow you to sell it but in reality always say no.

Foreigner is allowed to manage the property (husband and wife need to jointly agree which one is manager, and it can't be changed, except by death)

• Like 1

The child and mother go to the land office with the payment, mother's ID card and the child's birth certificate (or ID card if aged over 7).

The seller brings the Chanote, blue house book and their ID card.

The land office officials check all documentation, and when they are happy the government taxes and fees must be paid.

Once this is done the sale will be completed by the land office staff and payment can be handed over (usually by bank cheque).

The seller leaves with payment and the buyer leaves with the Chanote and blue house book.

14 hours ago, blackcab said:

The child and mother go to the land office with the payment, mother's ID card and the child's birth certificate (or ID card if aged over 7).

The seller brings the Chanote, blue house book and their ID card.

The land office officials check all documentation, and when they are happy the government taxes and fees must be paid.

Once this is done the sale will be completed by the land office staff and payment can be handed over (usually by bank cheque).

The seller leaves with payment and the buyer leaves with the Chanote and blue house book.

12 hours ago, dauu said:

Do they make a new

blue house book.

house book has nothing to do with the land department nor ownership of the property. Is it just an address registration as in who live in the house. It is issued and maintained by the district office (ampoe). No new book is issued after the sale of the property. The previous occupant of the property has to enter another blue book in order to be removed from the older, and the new occupants have to register in this blue book and removed from the other book where they are registered in. It is possible for one person to own many properties yet any person can be registered in only one blue book. It is also possible for a person not to own any property at all, yet every Thai person must be registered in a blue book

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pungdo said:

I have a question on this very topic, what if there is no sale taking place and I just wanted to change the owners name to my daughter instead of the wife ??

Are there still Land Taxes etc involved ??

Every change of owner is considered to be a sale. The government collects tax from the sale of property, and if they allowed free transfers people would evade the tax.

You change the owner, you pay. However, there is a heavily discounted rate for transfer between parents and children.

The land office are very helpful. Get your wife to take the Chanote and go with her and ask them how much the tax and fees would be. It's not a secret.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

house book has nothing to do with the land department nor ownership of the property. Is it just an address registration as in who live in the house. It is issued and maintained by the district office (ampoe).

House Book is issued by Tessa Ban, not Amphor.

One name can be stated as "Master of House Hold" and will be the one approving new names in the Blue House Book, the Master of House Hold can be a foreigner, named in a Yellow House Book (for foreigners).

29 minutes ago, khunPer said:

House Book is issued by Tessa Ban, not Amphor.

One name can be stated as "Master of House Hold" and will be the one approving new names in the Blue House Book, the Master of House Hold can be a foreigner, named in a Yellow House Book (for foreigners).

well, house book is issued at ampoe, not tesaban (which is enhanced tambon). the book is also updated at the ampoe, not tesaban, and when a thai person needs an official copy of his/her house registration they also get it from the ampoe and not tesaban. Being named master of the house in the blue book has nothing to do with ownership of the property.

in any case, going back to the first reply to the op, the point I was making was that the blue book is not needed for the property registration at the land office!

11 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

well, house book is issued at ampoe, not tesaban (which is enhanced tambon). the book is also updated at the ampoe, not tesaban, and when a thai person needs an official copy of his/her house registration they also get it from the ampoe and not tesaban. Being named master of the house in the blue book has nothing to do with ownership of the property.

in any case, going back to the first reply to the op, the point I was making was that the blue book is not needed for the property registration at the land office!

Where I live it was however Tessa Ban issuing my House Book(s) and updating them, and Tessa Ban also issued my building permission; whilst Amphor issues Thai ID-cards and work permits etc.

Just double checked with my Thai GF, it's still so here...:smile:

Master of House Hold – in my case me, an alien in a Yellow House Book – shall approve Thai names in the Blue House Book, but Master of House Hold is not a house-owner statement (and I didn't mention that). However a foreigner can be house owner, but not land owner.

dont know what everyone is talking about? I took my eighteen year old daughter to have her name in the blue house book and they said come back when she is 21. Someone has their wires crossed, or the amphur didn't know what they were talking about.

23 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Yes ....... but

No loans are allowed (can't put minors into debt)

You won't be allowed to sell it (kid can sell when age 21) .... court theoretically could allow you to sell it but in reality always say no.

Foreigner is allowed to manage the property (husband and wife need to jointly agree which one is manager, and it can't be changed, except by death)

I thought it was 20 years old.