Wow! What Hua Hin Expats think of Pattaya Expats

Inspire

Is there really much difference?

Hua Hin seemed like a smaller version of Pattaya to me.

Next round Phuketians?
What about Canchanabury Nong Khai, Udon Thani Chiang Mai etc.

Where ever there are lots of Foreigners deciding to live in a pack, the locals will provide them with the delights that suit the foreigners and make money for the locals.

Try to remember that Patts was probably first visited by hordes of Gi'S having R&R from Vietnam.

Boys with little to lose who wanted to have as much fun as they could before they got their final reward......

That might have set the tone for Patts future?

Edited by laislica
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

Income is the biggest difference it would seem. But why is it that a Brit that has been in Thailand so long is not able to pronounce Pattaya correctly? 555555

PATIAH ??? I think he belongs to a certain group of individuals who can not pronounce it otherwise.Even Hua Hin , He got it wrong???

I wonder what job he does if any?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mickymouse1 said:

PATIAH ??? I think he belongs to a certain group of individuals who can not pronounce it otherwise.Even Hua Hin , He got it wrong???

I wonder what job he does if any?

Estate agent, realtor if you're American.

I regret wasting time listening to this one sided hogwash. Are the only expats here limeys? Or are those the only ones that matter to this clown trying to play journalist? Where I am staying we have a couple Brits, French, German, Russian, Australians, New Zelanders, Canadians, Americans and even a Pakistani family. 

Edited by Grumpy Duck

The difference is like heaven and hell
In heaven all angels and all do gooders and try to live as normal as possible and occasionally be naughty.
But in hell and whores and sinners still enjoying life and partying in any opportunity and live life to the full and not a care for what happen tomorrow.and since it is up to me I know which one I choose.ha ha

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

14 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

Income is the biggest difference it would seem. But why is it that a Brit that has been in Thailand so long is not able to pronounce Pattaya correctly? 555555

The only one 'correctly' pronouncing it (i.e. closest to the way the Thais do) is the guy at 2:15 

17 hours ago, poanoi said:

my life has truly come to an all time low when i click

a link that discusses what hua hin residents think of pattaya residents

I didn't even bother. Actually I would expect that most Pattaya residents wouldn't, why should we care?

6 hours ago, Lodestone said:

The only one 'correctly' pronouncing it (i.e. closest to the way the Thais do) is the guy at 2:15 

Not sure of the 2:15, but moments later the old fellow says Pahh-Taah-Yah.  Not Paah-Tee-Yah. Be careful of the pronunciation of the language or you could be very surprised about what you get for breakfast in the morning market.  I used to get kai luak (boiled egg?) in the morning market up in Loei.  An egg in a glass with hot water poured on it.  Trouble was, in the cold season, it was raw as hell. I used to ask for it two times around with the hot water, to get a 3 minute egg.  Went well with the Pat Tong Go fried bread. 

14 hours ago, laislica said:

...Try to remember that Patts was probably first visited by hordes of Gi'S having R&R from Vietnam.

Boys with little to lose who wanted to have as much fun as they could before they got their final reward......

That might have set the tone for Patts future? ...

I was in Thailand  1977-1980.  Folks up-country said when a big ship came in, girls were scarce up country.  Supply and demand ... 

Stuff was cheap back then.  1-2 $ US if you didn't mind sloppy seconds and kept the lights low. My first house in Thailand was just down the street from a cat house.  Very busy on paydays.  I did get a free sample from  a curious gal.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2018 at 10:44 AM, Boon Mee said:

Too many Farang in both places. Double pricing - who needs it? 

Double pricing of what exactly?

Bar prices for beer can be as cheap in Pattaya (or cheaper) than most provincial small towns. Never been anywhere there that charges Bangkok prices. Long time since I've been to Hua Hin or Phuket so can not compare.

22 hours ago, RandG said:

Certainly my visa/extension clearly states non-immigrant, and I am required to jump through several hoops each year, mainly financial, which means I am here on a year to year basis at the Thai government's pleasure. I do not know if that makes me an ex-pat, but it certainly does not make me an immigrant.

of course you are an immigrant, or you can call everyone who goes to live in another country an expat, or again, is that only for white people?

12 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

of course you are an immigrant, or you can call everyone who goes to live in another country an expat, or again, is that only for white people?

That's a loaded issue.

Many non-white people are expats.

To be an immigrant usually means an intention or path towards citizenship in the new country.

Expats lack that.

Then there are illegal immigrants and rarely labeled illegal expats.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2018 at 2:12 PM, Regyai said:

Vloggers bloggers cyberbeggars

Whatever their label

What vindictive deity inflicted them on mankind?

Would that they were all herded to some dark corner of Pattie-ah (where ever on Gods green earth that is)  and left to rot in their own insignificant bubbles

Ok, ok, so the pronunciation is  bit off, but you can't complain about the movie star looks with the Miami Vice, Versace-esque permastubble!

5 hours ago, norrska said:

Ok, ok, so the pronunciation is  bit off, but you can't complain about the movie star looks with the Miami Vice, Versace-esque permastubble!

Wildly 'off' with the failed enunciation

The rest, nothing a few minutes judicial kicking wouldnt fix

;)

On 25/02/2018 at 9:41 AM, PremiumLane said:

Expats? Is it cos they are white and middle class that we don't call them immigrants? 

No. It's because we don't get to vote, get citizenship etc etc.  Immigrants get these civic rights.