Peter Vella -House White - 5 litre Box

Thailand

Currently off the shelves and for our sins it's a wine that we quite like and very reasonably priced.

Simply looking for an alternative, tried a couple did not like them.

Not looking for comments on our taste in wine. So just recommendations thank you.

26 minutes ago, Phuket Man said:

Looks like the end of boxed wine for most of us.

Interesting, this a reply from Siam Winery just last.week.

"Thank you for your email. Due to the high demand on our products during high season, we are facing a stock shortage problem at the moment, however, our products will resume to normal as soon as possible.  

If you are looking for a large size of wine, we would like to recommend you one of our products, which is the best-selling wine in Thailand, Mont Clair 5 Litres, 8 Litres and 10 Litres, which should be available at all modern trade. "

Not just wine, seems to be a lot of things missing off the shelves. For example Jalapenos in jars out of stock everywhere, and Nachos removed from the menu at Wine Connection for lack of Jalapenos.

Personally enjoy Peter Vella! been a struggle to find it though!

Edited by iainiain101

8 minutes ago, iainiain101 said:

Not just wine, seems to be a lot of things missing off the shelves. For example Jalapenos in jars out of stock everywhere, and Nachos removed from the menu at Wine Connection for lack of Jalapenos.

Personally enjoy Peter Vella! been a struggle to find it though!

Plenty of fresh Jalapenos available at RimPing, imported from Oz,expensive,

or local from Kings project ,cheap. 

regards worgeordie

5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Plenty of fresh Jalapenos available at RimPing, imported from Oz,expensive,

or local from Kings project ,cheap. 

regards worgeordie

I know, but run out of my own  picked, and thought I could get a jar. Though my point being it seems some shortages are occurring.

4 hours ago, Thailand said:

Currently off the shelves and for our sins it's a wine that we quite like and very reasonably priced.

Simply looking for an alternative, tried a couple did not like them.

Not looking for comments on our taste in wine. So just recommendations thank you.

I'm pretty sure that the Peter Vella comes in 4L boxes - not 5L.

Have you tried ordering from Tesco Lotus online? I have done this when I couldn't find any  Tesco "Vinyards" whites on the shelves of my nearest Tesco - 6 bottles delivered the next day.

Big C online also sells Peter Vella boxes.

Worth a try. If they don't have what you order you get a phone call - so nothing to lose.

I like the Mont Clare white wine in 8 or 5 litre box sizes from Makro (cheapest place I've found it) and it's plenty dry enough for me which is the way I like it.  Guess the run on wine is down to the forthcoming Bank Holiday and the alcohol ban that was rumoured/announced.

I read on FB that very soon, boxed wine will no longer be sold in Thailand. Also there are a few topics on this website - the most recent in the General Forum confirming that all boxed wine is being discontinued and only 2 litre bottles will be available (at about a 200 Baht mark-up to it's current price).

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1026628-mont-clair-red-wine/

Edited by elektrified

Ah yes. Yet another example of  the kind of inaccurate information so frequently seen on this site! ust went to a small Rimping and a big Makro and both stacked from floor to ceiling with all manner of different wine boxes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Laughing Bird, red in a 1.5 litre bottle from Makro is my poison of choice.For me compares favourably with Mont Clair.Not real wine of course but below 400 baht.Not available in white to my knowledge.Product of Australia, 13.5 %.

While my friends are quaffing quality wines back in Oz I am reduced to this sugary rubbish,such is life.

• Like 1

On February 26, 2561 BE at 4:47 PM, Phuket Man said:

Looks like the end of boxed wine for most of us.

Plenty of box wine around but not what liked.

However, Peter Vella White 4 liters in plentiful supply at Tops airport this morning 799 baht.

On February 26, 2561 BE at 5:15 PM, Thailand said:

Interesting, this a reply from Siam Winery just last.week.

"Thank you for your email. Due to the high demand on our products during high season, we are facing a stock shortage problem at the moment, however, our products will resume to normal as soon as possible.  

If you are looking for a large size of wine, we would like to recommend you one of our products, which is the best-selling wine in Thailand, Mont Clair 5 Litres, 8 Litres and 10 Litres, which should be available at all modern trade. "

Back on the shelves so please close the thread.