Two American women held in Thailand after allegedly caught with fake US dollars

webfact

4 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Rubbish. Do you really think two girls were wondering around in a "desolate place where nobody was". 

Why would they be doing that pray tell me?

Weren't they looking for beachfront accommodation? Is that usually in a desolate place?

found.png.5da34b937a469ee6289fffbcbfd95b

I see your point. I don't know her. But I see your point. 

1 minute ago, yogavnture said:

the plot thickens.......why would they post they found 1000 if they knew it was counterfeit?  

Perhaps they didn't notice at the time of posting.  But four days later in Thailand.... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Makara said:

Tar and brush because of another person's comment which is out of everyones control except the person commenting? Hasty don't you think? Are you saying you don't know any a-holes for friends, or relatives, that have said or done something you don't approve of? And hope you don't get judged by others behavior? 

Dude... really?

i neither have nor want anyone to represent me in that fashion.... it’s madness from a very poor IQ, or at best, Asperger’s syndrome (oh dear, I’m making excuses for this.... person)

and.... I am quite happy to be judged by the behavior of my friends, and they I. 

crims hang with crims... Christians hang with Christians.... birds flock together ( but I already said that)

3 minutes ago, Makara said:

California events are weird but the ages of the men are different, and the build is different, and it was actually stated here that they weren't the same men. So that should also be easy to prove otherwise.

Just to clarify , it was stated that the guy in the photo was not her Father .

It has yet to be established whether the guy using fake $100 bills in the USA , who is wanted by the Police there , is the same guy in the photo on her facebook page.

Criminal records are public here. They have also stated they are not criminals and as far as I have known her I have never known her to have any criminal background.  

I'm sorry, but they are from California, not Oregon, and criminal records (except for those related to Megan's law) of other people are not public record.  You can obtain a copy of your own criminal record, but not those of other people.  Your credibility on this matter is seriously questionable and seems to be based on your supposed relationship with a friend of a friend of one of the girls.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

It has yet to be established whether the guy using fake $100 bills in the USA , who is wanted by the Police there , is the same guy in the photo on her facebook page.

u know the us takes counterfeit bills usage very seriously..........but if the bills said COPY on the front i wonder if the us feds would even waste thier time

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes indeed.  This will be the closest to a "smoking gun" we can expect I think if it's established.

14 minutes ago, Justfine said:

On this forum.

So this is where I would like some answers to. Why hasn't this been reported in the news in Thailand? I have seen some articles from Bangkok. Why would they keep it quiet if it is not? That's what I want to know. What would be a reason to keep this quiet?I have absolutely no doubt in my mind they were arrested. That they cannot leave. That they have a lawyer. That they are facing time in prison and have already paid heavy fines. If this was a scam do you even know how any people would have to be in on it. Makes no sense. 

1 minute ago, yogavnture said:

u know the us takes counterfeit bills usage very seriously..........but if the bills said COPY on the front i wonder if the us feds would even waste thier time

There was a Vietnamese woman who was stopped by Australian customs who had a suitcase full of fake dollar bills, clearly labelled COPY. Customs let her through with the fake money as it was made clear it was burnt at funerals as some kind of offering.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Who are you in relation to this?

Makar, if you are so keen to help, how about making some calls (perhaps brandon) and come up with absolute clear proof:

- That this matter is officially in the hands of the Thai police and is currently subject to further police processes.

- That the girls are being held by the Thai police, or are either released with no further action likely, or they are officially out on bail.

Look forward to your response.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OldSiamHand said:

I'm sorry, but they are from California, not Oregon, and criminal records (except for those related to Megan's law) of other people are not public record.  You can obtain a copy of your own criminal record, but not those of other people.  Your credibility on this matter is seriously questionable and seems to be based on your supposed relationship with a friend of a friend of one of the girls.

You can get criminal records in the US period. It is public knowledge. So you know where the girls have lived all there life, eh? That's cool.

1 minute ago, Makara said:

That they are facing time in prison and have already paid heavy fines.

How much "fines" have they paid and to whom and why ?

Why would they get fined, if they havent been to Court yet and been found guilty ?

What did they get fined for ?

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Just to clarify , the boyfreinds post on FB wasnt about the two girls in this story .

It just seems rather coincidental that a guy in the USA would post about fake Dollar bills in Cambodia , a day before his girlfriend got arrested after finding fake dollar bills in Cambodia .

I believe you may have the dates wrong. As I remember he posted that after.

Just now, sanemax said:

How much "fines" have they paid and to whom and why ?

Why would they get fined, if they havent been to Court yet and been found guilty ?

What did they get fined for ?

I mean bail

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Just to clarify , the boyfreinds post on FB wasnt about the two girls in this story .

It just seems rather coincidental that a guy in the USA would post about fake Dollar bills in Cambodia , a day before his girlfriend got arrested after finding fake dollar bills in Cambodia .

It says " My boyfriend and I pulled money out of the ANZ bank atm and later realized it gave us COUNTERFEIT $100 dollar bills", Not that I care, but does this mean he's gay?

Edited by giddyup

1 hour ago, Makara said:

I want to be clear, nobody from this situation asked me to come on here. I did this on my own, after much concern on reading this thread. I came here to talk to all of you from my understanding. I still also have questions. I did not come on here to talk for them. I want to be a bridge however anyway I can though. 

And we appreciate your coming on here to build a bridge... truly... it adds another dimension.

that said... with 39 posts, and a 3 hour long membership, so far, I’m wondering how you knew that this was the place to set up your soap box, or was it as simple as searching for expat markets... oops... forums

Edited by farcanell

2 minutes ago, Makara said:

You can get criminal records in the US period. It is public knowledge. So you know where the girls have lived all there life, eh? That's cool.

And I have already stated that I am not a close friend, however a person who cares about what happens.

1 hour ago, Makara said:

And I was clarifying where they found it for everyone. A lot of people were saying different things, other than where they actually found it btw.

There are so many versions of where / how / when the 'money' was found, plus there comment about on muddy roads when in act it's the dry season in Cambodia.'

Were you there at the time? Are you really in a position to absolutely clarify where/ how / when the 'money' was found?

Edited by scorecard

2 minutes ago, Makara said:

I believe you may have the dates wrong. As I remember he posted that after.

He posted that on Monday 26 th , this thread was posted on Tuesday 27 th .

(Although he must have known about his GF being arrested before that)

4 minutes ago, Makara said:

And I have already stated that I am not a close friend, however a person who cares about what happens.

Not a close friend....

so why are you spending continuous hours on line regarding a case with more holes than swiss cheese?

How old are you? Personal question so if you don't wish to rely that's your right. of course.

Edited by scorecard

No you cannot, unless you are willing to go to each county of each state of the person concerned and troll through the cases heard by the court in such county.  There is no centralized location of criminal histories covering all states (or all counties in a state) that are open to the public that allow you to search the histories of other people.  If you use a criminal background service, then the records are far from complete and they disclose this when you sign up for such services.  The only way to get a full criminal background check from a centralized location is if you do the check against yourself (or someone authorized under law is able to do the check - e.g. law enforcement).  

The girls last resided in California, correct?  Are you saying that you did a criminal background check against the girls in California and each state they've lived in?  If not, what is your point about criminal records being publicly available?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Makara said:

I would ask you whether you are one of the girls involved , but you are hardly likely to admit it, if you are