Arsenal

MiG16

Wenger is so classy, he clearly wasn't happy about relegating his friends team.

Fortunately he hates Pardew, so I'm a lot happier now.

Game on.

If class is personified by a number of refusels to shake hands when you are beaten then yes, he;s class.

If not having the balls to hold your hands up when your player has committed a nasty tackle right in front of your eyes claiming you didn't see the incidence, ifacting like a hypocrite and a petulant childen the touchline screaming at the fourth official is class then yes he's one class dude.

No mate, he's a very fine football manager, a hypocrite and a nob.

Have a pint of bitter with your sour grapes.

Game on.

If class is personified by a number of refusels to shake hands when you are beaten then yes, he;s class.

If not having the balls to hold your hands up when your player has committed a nasty tackle right in front of your eyes claiming you didn't see the incidence, ifacting like a hypocrite and a petulant childen the touchline screaming at the fourth official is class then yes he's one class dude.

So you agree with me then. wink.png If you want to see some class check out the behavior of Villas-Boas. A proper gent, win or lose and young enough to be that nobhead managers of yours' son. He might be a fine manager but clearly forever classless i'm afraid.

Game on.

So you agree with me then. wink.png If you want to see some class check out the behavior of Villas-Boas. A proper gent, win or lose and young enough to be that nobhead managers of yours' son. He might be a fine manager but clearly forever classless i'm afraid.

I agree with the description of AVB in your last sentence.

Now, of more importance....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2101478/When-Arsenal-player-Aaron-Ramsey-scores-famous-dies.html

• Like 1

Luckily last night was a bit of an exception for Aaron. His passing and shooting accuracy normally aint up to snuff (if we accept the target of getting back into Europe's top ten), except as a rotation squad player.

Cant say i agree with this 'shake hands after every game' bit, if your team' and presumably to some degree your mates, have been kicked 2 bits for 90 mins on, arguably, the instruction of you counterpart, your then expected

to go and shake hands with him,,,, no way.... different but same same, you go into a restaurant, the waitress is rude, the waitress is rude the food crap and then you tip???sori not me pal. i was gonna say slow but thought twice wai2.gif

Edited by rijit

Cant say i agree with this 'shake hands after every game' bit, if your team' and presumably to some degree your mates, have been kicked 2 bits for 90 mins on, arguably, the instruction of you counterpart, your then expected

to go and shake hands with him,,,, no way.... different but same same, you go into a restaurant, the waitress is rude, the waitress is rude the food crap and then you tip???sori not me pal. i was gonna say slow but thought twice wai2.gif

It's a competition, win, lose, draw, decisions for or against shaking hands after a match is the sporting thing to do. Everyone should be man enough to do so. I don't think it is needed before a match though.

Edited by BangrakBob

It's a competition, win, lose, draw, decisions for or against shaking hands after a match is the sporting thing to do. I don't think it is needed before a match though.

I think it's ridiculous before a match.....after, yes.

It's a competition, win, lose, draw, decisions for or against shaking hands after a match is the sporting thing to do. I don't think it is needed before a match though.

Especially when they are saying "good luck" at the same time 23.gif

Especially when they are saying "good luck" at the same time 23.gif

that's right, once kicked-off the first thing we used to say to our opposite number was "how's ya mum?" biggrin.png

I think they should do the Haka

I hope Howard is playing on Sunday. smile.png

to go and shake hands with him,,,, no way.... different but same same, you go into a restaurant, the waitress is rude, the waitress is rude the food crap and then you tip???sori not me pal. i was gonna say slow but thought twice :wai2:

I hope Howard is playing on Sunday. :)

Howard Webb?

• Like 1

I see that there would be a play-off for third spot were Arsenal to win by one and Chelsea draw on Sunday (equal points/equal goal difference). Should have kept the foot on the gas against Wigan in the closing ten minutes.

I guess our highy paid and highly revered management team hadn't expected to close the gap by 3 goals and had not worked out that a 4 goal differential in the game might be enormously more beneficial than 3.

I doubt that Chelsea will draw that Everton game though. Nonetheless could add an interesting edge to the Sunday matches.

I raised the question of what happens on equal points/equal GD in the relegation thread 10 days ago. Not surprising that nobody here had an answer - it has never been critical to promotion/relegation/qualification before. I guess that a non-critical identical outcome results in joint positioning in the table (but then who is regarded as finishing in the top half of the table if two clubs finish joint equal 10th?)

Luckily last night was a bit of an exception for Aaron. His passing and shooting accuracy normally aint up to snuff (if we accept the target of getting back into Europe's top ten), except as a rotation squad player.

What are you on about Santi?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient#UEFA_Team_Ranking

You believe that UEFA coefficient rankings are sound do you Chicog?

UEFA ranks England as the second best team in Europe after Spain, so yeah it must be right that Arsenal are top ten!

Strewth, the self-delusion of long-standing Gunners fans is extraordinary :-)

Edited by SantiSuk

Arsenal are to play in Hanoi on 17 July. First EPL team to play in Vietnam.

I would imagine that pre-season tour matches are hardly worth attending for their football content, but have been meaning to visit north Vietnam ever since living here. I might go if tickets can be obtained - no details yet available.

UEFA ranks England as the second best team in Europe after Spain, so yeah it must be right that Arsenal are top ten!

If you can name ten clubs with a better record in the Champions League, by all means do.

Otherwise stop talking rubbish. I hate plastic fans.

If you can name ten clubs with a better record in the Champions League, by all means do.

Otherwise stop talking rubbish. I hate plastic fans.

Considering the way you seem to scrap in each season by hook or crook you've been excellent. Problem is, its never going to lead to anything is it.biggrin.png

Game on.

So where does SAF stand in your estimation?

Game on.

So where does SAF stand in your estimation?

Well you'll have to be more specific. Are you referring to his acuman as a coach and his career record? Are you talking about his touchline antics, his abuse of officials, his use of the media to influence an upcoming fixture?

Sorry you'll have to do a lot better than that to get a bite...thumbsup.gif

That's because you get a free pass every year in the group stages. Try doing it without the help of the seeding advantage you have because when all things have been equal, you haven't won anything in almost a decade. Not having a dig. Just saying.

That's because you get a free pass every year in the group stages. Try doing it without the help of the seeding advantage you have because when all things have been equal, you haven't won anything in almost a decade. Not having a dig. Just saying.

Its a great competition....but would be better with a level playing field.

Typical diehard fan. Hate this hate that hate the other. Lifes too short mate: move on.

Typical fairweather fan: Nothing's ever good enough, whinge whinge whinge. Life's too short: move on.

Every club has them.

I'm wondering how many Man Ure fans were shuffling and looking at their feet the other day, remembering when they were holding up banners in the 90s demanding Fergie went.

You're like one of those.

That's because we've been on a strict budget since 2004. Considering what Wenger has spent and the players he's had to sell, it's nothing short of a miracle that he's managed to get through the group stages every single one of 16 years in a row.

It would be a bit ironic if the one year when the coffers are completely brimming,he failed to get into it.

Having said that, he has no excuses for not splashing the cash anymore, so this is no time to watch the pennies.

biggrin.png

Oh, and the "Free pass every year". If it's that easy, how come so few teams have done it so consistently?

Edited by Chicog

That's for real men Mr. B, not pansies with snoods, gloves, leg warmers etc. It would look quite funny. biggrin.png

Typical diehard fan. Hate this hate that hate the other. Lifes too short mate: move on.

Typical fairweather fan: Nothing's ever good enough, whinge whinge whinge. Life's too short: move on.

Every club has them.

I'm wondering how many Man Ure fans were shuffling and looking at their feet the other day, remembering when they were holding up banners in the 90s demanding Fergie went.

You're like one of those.

"But then came the dark years for the Scottish gaffer. In the 1988/89 season, United suffered a roller coaster season in which they went 9 consecutive games without a win leading up to the Christmas period, found themselves 3rd in February after a string of good results and eventually plummeted to an 11th placed finish after a terrible end to the season. In 1989/90, the disappointment of the year before was followed up with an even worse season. United finished in 13th place, and during a particularly bad stretch in the winter months, a banner at Old Trafford was displayed by fans reading “Three years of excuses and it’s still crap … ta-ra Fergie".

3-years-of-excuses-and-its-still-crap-ta

Edited by uptheos