Arsenal

MiG16

Our defending against set pieces continues to be abominal mind. I like Gibbs but he just cant get up for the high balls. We need a new commanding left back come summer.

There's only one word for that: Rubbish.

Honestly Santi, you continue to amaze me.

5555555 get a room you pair!

• Like 1

Our defending against set pieces continues to be abominal mind. I like Gibbs but he just cant get up for the high balls. We need a new commanding left back come summer.

Are we not permitted to have healthy discussion in our own thread?

Honestly, I would have thought you'd be in here commenting on how we are going to rip you a new one next week.

whistling.gif

I guess you are challenging the Gibbs comment. Surely you can't be happy about our ability at defending set pieces?

I guess you are challenging the Gibbs comment. Surely you can't be happy about our ability at defending set pieces?

No but we look a lot better with him there than Monreal.

And I don't recall us conceding from any set pieces today, did I miss a goal?

Ozil could hardly rip a piece of toast in half Chicog......and as for Welbeck.....I'm looking forward to this one!

Bookmarkedsmile.png

To be fair, it does help when you play a player in his favored and best position as Wenger finally did yesterday. Ozil is only a world class player when he's a no10.

He might even put in a top performance against the best sides if played in that position.

They're still squabbling!!!

So much anger on here...................

Oh btw, all hail Mesut Ozil......he's just had a good gamelaugh.png Looks like Wenger finally worked out where to play himwhistling.gif

Bild gave him the lowest rating possible. He doesn't track back and exposes their flank aswell. If not central he's a liability.

Still Wenger and Chicog are very happy with him and apparently he's doing his bit....laugh.png

i would have thought you would have known better Carmine, after all these years on the forum.

you know these kind of remarks always come back to bite you in the backside and then haunt you in the future. tongue.png

With all due respect, thats cobblers.

He's been dreadful for nearly a year and because he has one good game against mighty title contending Villa we have to eat humble pie do we!!!!! Do me a favor rolleyes.gif

fact is, he's been played wrong, just like United played Shinji Kagawa wrong.

Congratulations you Arse Gooners. You managed to score two goals within a couple of minutes of each other capitalising on disorganised virus ridden Villa who are little better than a bottom 6 relegation contending team. The Ozil goal was borderline offside by the way, the Welbeck goal was brilliant, the own goal was exactly that an own goal. For the rest of the game you were well matched to the scum opposition who are a bottom 6 relegation contending team! Don't get ahead of yerselves too quickly; you have a long way to go before you can be assured of any success whatsoever this season.

Edited by iancnx

Congratulations you Arse Gooners. You managed to score two goals within a couple of minutes of each other capitalising on disorganised virus ridden Villa who are little better than a bottom 6 relegation contending team. The Ozil goal was borderline offside by the way, the Welbeck goal was brilliant, the own goal was exactly that an own goal. For the rest of the game you were well matched to the scum opposition who are a bottom 6 relegation contending team! Don't get ahead of yerselves too quickly; you have a long way to go before you can be assured of any success whatsoever this season.

Are you being serious?

Ozil goal was ONSIDE.

Arsenal had over 70% of possession, therefore I dont see how even the most prejudiced fan could say that Arsenal were 'well matched'blink.png

You do come out with quite a bit of nonsense, ian, which makes it difficult to take you seriously on footballing matters

Are you being serious?

Ozil goal was ONSIDE.

Arsenal had over 70% of possession, therefore I dont see how even the most prejudiced fan could say that Arsenal were 'well matched'blink.png

You do come out with quite a bit of nonsense, ian, which makes it difficult to take you seriously on footballing matters

Just calling it the way I saw it. Virus ridden Villa were poor; they have been flattered to be in the top places. you should have annihilated them...... So don't get ahead of yourselves.

Are you being serious?

Ozil goal was ONSIDE.

Just calling it the way I saw it. Virus ridden Villa were poor; they have been flattered to be in the top places. you should have annihilated them...... So don't get ahead of yourselves.

Ian, I am most certainly not an Arsenal fan.

I know this is the Arsenal forum, where chicog comes out with a fair amount of sh!te.laugh.png But come on. I dont see how ANY football fan could say that Arsenal were well matched by Villa who had about 28% possession and 2 shots on goal.

Are you being serious?

Ozil goal was ONSIDE.

Ian, I am most certainly not an Arsenal fan.

I know this is the Arsenal forum, where chicog comes out with a fair amount of sh!te.laugh.png But come on. I dont see how ANY football fan could say that Arsenal were well matched by Villa who had about 28% possession and 2 shots on goal.

Have looked at the replay many times now with my specs on and do concede ozil was onside by a whisker, though the camera angle is not square by any means.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/09/20/video-danny-welbeck-sets-up-mesut-ozil-for-arsenals-opening-goal/

Apologies for mistaking you as a gooner. That must have been a shock and an insult. Profound apologies for that faux pas.

I'm not saying, never did say well matched (you used those words) I did say Arsenal should have annihilated them, but instead they only managed 90 seconds of goal time, whilst virus ridden opposition were disorganised and all over the place. Less than convincing!

Have looked at the replay many times now with my specs on and do concede ozil was onside by a whisker, though the camera angle is not square by any means.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/09/20/video-danny-welbeck-sets-up-mesut-ozil-for-arsenals-opening-goal/

Apologies for mistaking you as a gooner. That must have been a shock and an insult. Profound apologies for that faux pas.

I'm not saying, never did say well matched (you used those words) I did say Arsenal should have annihilated them, but instead they only managed 90 seconds of goal time, whilst virus ridden opposition were disorganised and all over the place. Less than convincing!

Reread your original postsmile.png

This is what you said...............................................For the rest of the game you were well matched to the scum opposition who are a bottom 6 relegation contending team!

Anyway, they won... convincingly in my view, but I do agree that what they beat wasnt upto much. But you can only beat what is put in front of you.

• Like 1

Reread your original postsmile.png

This is what you said...............................................For the rest of the game you were well matched to the scum opposition who are a bottom 6 relegation contending team!

Anyway, they won... convincingly in my view, but I do agree that what they beat wasnt upto much. But you can only beat what is put in front of you.

Which is what we'll be doing next week mate.

Please come in before the game though, I love to hear your rants and they obviously work really well.

thumbsup.gif

Bild gave him the lowest rating possible. He doesn't track back and exposes their flank aswell. If not central he's a liability.

Still Wenger and Chicog are very happy with him and apparently he's doing his bit....laugh.png

i would have thought you would have known better Carmine, after all these years on the forum.

you know these kind of remarks always come back to bite you in the backside and then haunt you in the future. tongue.png

With all due respect, thats cobblers.

He's been dreadful for nearly a year and because he has one good game against mighty title contending Villa we have to eat humble pie do we!!!!! Do me a favor rolleyes.gif

fact is, he's been played wrong, just like United played Shinji Kagawa wrong.

get you 100 %, just saying, Carms.

Looked like a 3 monther at the time

So now I'm on a roll (I also said that England should in theory beat Switzerland, even after having sat through the sorry-@rse performance at Wembley against park the ski-sled Norway).

Diaby plays for the first time since the last time we thought he'd never play again. Tonight in the (pick yer own sponsor's name) Cup against Southampton. He will not get injured again this season and will prove to be the DMF that Arsenal should have signed in the Summer.

[Yes Chicog - I am talking cr@p againtongue.png ]

I may get up in the mifddle of the night to see if the game is on the FTA channels - probably the footballing pick of the crop but TIT, so probably Liverpool v Boro (sounds very 80s that doesn't it?!). Unusual for me to bother with this waste of space competition, but I'm intrigued to see what kind of reserve back 4 Arsene can come up with - I'm guessing Bellerin, Chambers. Koscielney (Arsene always seems to field one experienced CB) and Monreal. Should be able to cbble together a decent enough team in midfield and up front with those who would not expect to start against Spurs (Ospina, Flamini, Diaby, Cazorla, Rosicky, Podolski, Sanogo) so the other question is who's nose is put out of joint by not even making the second 11 in favour of yoof.

We've not lost to Soton in the last 10 games apparently, but I won't be weeping buckets if they put out a strong team and beat us.

That must be one of our youngest senior back fours - three teenagers and a 23 year old.

To be honest, they weren't that bad.

Rosciky was like Oxfam all night, charity work all over the pitch.

And I though Ospina misjudged the shot, it wasn't that far away from him.

Still, that's a few less midweek distractions to worry about when all the other games are going on, so I'm not bothered.

I am bothered that Boro equalised because now I feel morally obliged to stay up and watch it.

biggrin.png

It didn't show on Thai TV so thanks for the commentary Chic.

Also not bothered to be out of this one! Glad it was not an MK Dons that gave our second string the run-around.

Strange he would play Sanchez - I guess Wenger has figured that the guy is robust enough to play well with only a 3 day break; has certainly looked indefatigable. He was the only one of the current 'best 11' who started. Shame that, per the Beeb, not one of the second string really shone. They are not going to get much more practice then, which is the only justification for having the Capital One Cup as far as top sides are concerned.

Conceived in much less heady days of my youth (ie a long time ago) it's about time somebody did something with this competition; if they could get a proper Reserves League started they could turn it into a reserves cup with restrictions on the number of first team ringers being allowed to play - a restriction that would be progressively tighter for top teams compared with lower league teams.

It didn't show on Thai TV so thanks for the commentary Chic.

Also not bothered to be out of this one! Glad it was not an MK Dons that gave our second string the run-around.

Strange he would play Sanchez - I guess Wenger has figured that the guy is robust enough to play well with only a 3 day break; has certainly looked indefatigable. He was the only one of the current 'best 11' who started. Shame that, per the Beeb, not one of the second string really shone. They are not going to get much more practice then, which is the only justification for having the Capital One Cup as far as top sides are concerned.

Conceived in much less heady days of my youth (ie a long time ago) it's about time somebody did something with this competition; if they could get a proper Reserves League started they could turn it into a reserves cup with restrictions on the number of first team ringers being allowed to play - a restriction that would be progressively tighter for top teams compared with lower league teams.

There are two divisions of Premier League U21s I believe.