Arsenal

MiG16

isn't it about time you lot started asking the question as to why on earth Wenger didn't resign Fabregas because it looks like a huge gaff right now! And please don't give me any nonsense about his fitness! biggrin.png

Especially as Ozil seems to have gone into early retirement.w00t.gif

Wenger seems to spend more time telling fans who he nearly bought. You just can't teach an old dog new tricks can you. It always seems Arsenal are left a couple of players short of a title challenge.

Got to be honest, if i were a gooner i'd be furious with the inactivity in that last transfer window and i know a couple that are because it ain't like he doesn't have the money available is it.

Edited by carmine

isn't it about time you lot started asking the question as to why on earth Wenger didn't resign Fabregas because it looks like a huge gaff right now! And please don't give me any nonsense about his fitness! biggrin.png

Wenger seems to spend more time telling fans who he nearly bought. You just can't teach an old dog new tricks can you. It always seems Arsenal are left a couple of players short of a title challenge.

Got to be honest, if i were a gooner i'd be furious with the inactivity in that last transfer window and i know a couple that are because it ain't like he doesn't have the money available is it.

You of all people should know that being very active in the transfer window can be a complete waste of time!

thumbsup.gif

You of all people should know that being very active in the transfer window can be a complete waste of time!

thumbsup.gif

Hmmm, a far from convincing response!.

Didn't answer the Fabregas question either i hasten to remindthumbsup.gif

Edited by carmine

thumbsup.gif

Hmmm, a far from convincing response!.

I thought the media comment on Puff Ozil being anonymous in Dortmund was precious.....lol

Wenger needed to buy at least one defence-oriented player as Chicog knows full well.

I fully agreed with his decision not to buy Fab - no going back and we don't need another midfielder (whatever you think about Ozil).

Would Spurs buy Bale back ... for more than the amount they received in his sale?

Fab had an outstanding game in the Prem recently. If he could do that every game then of course everyone is going to get clever after the event.

OK you lot you can resume all that childish cr@p that passes for banter again now.

Wenger needed to buy at least one defence-oriented player as Chicog knows full well.

I fully agreed with his decision not to buy Fab - no going back and we don't need another midfielder (whatever you think about Ozil).

Would Spurs buy Bale back ... for more than the amount they received in his sale?

Fab had an outstanding game in the Prem recently. If he could do that every game then of course everyone is going to get clever after the event.

OK you lot you can resume all that childish cr@p that passes for banter again now.

I can't imagine why others might think that of you?

In the excellent Premier League journalists show last Wednesday, Jason Burt of the Daily Telegraph said that 'Ozil is playing like he's still tired from his exertions in the World Cup', Looking at the statistics,that assertion might have some credence. Of the German contingent of the Arsenal squad, Podolski made a few appearances lasting 53 mins.,Mertesaker made 5 starts while Ozil played in every game including the Final. Add to that the mental exhaustion of such a demanding competition as well.

At the end of a mediocre season, Wenger said that Ozil would improve and would be the star player in this season's Premier League. At this rate,Ozil will disappear into obscurity unless he's given a rest, not only from the team but out of the attention of the media, who have taken upon themselves to make Ozil the scapegoat for every bad performance.

• Like 1

Bild gave him the lowest rating possible. He doesn't track back and exposes their flank aswell. If not central he's a liability.

Still Wenger and Chicog are very happy with him and apparently he's doing his bit....laugh.png

And again, it seems you have selective memory, or possibly amnesia.

I think he needs to play in the middle of the park.

He's not a winger and he can't defend for smarties.

Bild gave him the lowest rating possible. He doesn't track back and exposes their flank aswell. If not central he's a liability.

Still Wenger and Chicog are very happy with him and apparently he's doing his bit....laugh.png

And again, it seems you have selective memory, or possibly amnesia.

I think he needs to play in the middle of the park.

He's not a winger and he can't defend for smarties.

You are all too defensive recently. You might remember Ozil was played wide in Brazil and managed to do enough to keep his place. fact is, he's just too much of a pussy for the premier league.

Ofcourse he should be playing in the middle but frankly the bigger question is whether he should be starting full stop.

I answered it ages ago.

We are not short in the attacking midfielder department.

We are short in the defensive midfielder department, and he ain't it.

What you should have done is buy a holding player and Fabregas and drop Ozil.

With 170m in the bank you must be awful pissed with the lack of transfers.

Wilshere's turned ankle was nothing and he's available, which is good news. Monreal and Sanogo not available (for the bench).

Pretty sure Wenger will rest Ozil and possibly Ramsey (more recovery/thinking time than punishment), so the starting team is likely

Sczezsney

Chambers, Per, Kos, Gibbs

Arteta (maybe Flam if Arteta needs more recovery)

Sanchez, Wilshere, Cazorla,Ox

Wellbeck

We have a good record at Villa Park, but of course they are playing well and we are up and down - mostly down. I would prefer 4-2-3-1 with Ox playing BTB, giving Wilshere a chance to play genuine No 10.

Pod, Bellerin and Campbell would be my favoured subs if things were to go well in the first 60.

Southampton at home in the Milk Cup on Tuesday, so maybe the subs are less likely to be used and saved for a useful bench squad outing against a likely strong side (which I hope Arsene does not try to win at the expense of main team fitness).

I answered it ages ago.

We are not short in the attacking midfielder department.

We are short in the defensive midfielder department, and he ain't it.

What you should have done is buy a holding player and Fabregas and drop Ozil.

With 170m in the bank you must be awful pissed with the lack of transfers.

We're not like you carmine.

We don't squander money on pointless transfers.

biggrin.png

Did you know the last time the tiny totts finished higher than The Arsenal, Gareth Bale was a six year old?

cheesy.gif

Our patience is going to make it all the more enjoyable to watch you sad gooners slip into the bottom half.

I absolutely hate the Villa scum crazy.gif

but I will be cheering for them. Hope they destroy you!

Yes, that sounds very patient.

What was carmine saying about anger on threads? Let it out ian, you'll feel much better until the inevitable happens.

cheesy.gif

Hahahaha nah not angry, just looking forward to a good contest between two teams that are punching above their weight; two teams that I hate. Defo both bottom half by May. I might be a little angry if the Villa scum fail to give you guys a good seeing too.

Remember this...... Aug 2013

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes there were some "deep" problems with the decisions of referee Anthony Taylor as his side crashed to a 3-1 defeat at home to Aston Villa on the opening day of the new Barclays Premier League season.

Happy Days

post-63176-0-48144200-1411210380_thumb.j

Edited by iancnx

Slight surprise - Ozil and Ramsey play and Sanchez and Wilshere rested.

I suppose on reflection the first two should still be fresh and the other two ran themselves into the ground as usual at Westfalenstadion.

Slight surprise - Ozil and Ramsey play and Sanchez and Wilshere rested.

I suppose on reflection the first two should still be fresh and the other two ran themselves into the ground as usual at Westfalenstadion.

You're much too smart for this thread Santi.

Have you ever considered life as an Evertonian?

• Like 1

Our defending against set pieces continues to be abominal mind. I like Gibbs but he just cant get up for the high balls. We need a new commanding left back come summer.

Edit: Get Chambers off before the Ref does it for you Arsene

Edited by SantiSuk

i would have thought you would have known better Carmine, after all these years on the forum.

you know these kind of remarks always come back to bite you in the backside and then haunt you in the future. tongue.png

Our defending against set pieces continues to be abominal mind. I like Gibbs but he just cant get up for the high balls. We need a new commanding left back come summer.

There's only one word for that: Rubbish.

Honestly Santi, you continue to amaze me.