Arsenal

MiG16

Have not re-examined it after seeing it twice on the re-cast; I thought it was not deliberate handball. If the ball was not going in and it went in because of the accidental touch then it should not have counted. If it was going in anyway and it accidentally hit Kos's arm then it's a fair goal.

Either way, rub-of-the green stuff. I'm not going to re-examine on You-tube just to suit an argument. Nobody here is saying it was deserved!

I agree with a video ref approach within limits (I like it for Union - but sometimes it gets too much), but we've done that to death on the football threads and most of the other 'old hands' on here don't agree.

[posted conterminously with Chicog's]

Edited by SantiSuk
disclosed

1 hour ago, SantiSuk said:

Have not re-examined it after seeing it twice on the re-cast; I thought it was not deliberate handball. If the ball was not going in and it went in because of the accidental touch then it should not have counted.

Sometimes you excel at this stuff.

Why should it not have counted?

Should it have counted if it wasn't going in but went in off his nose?

There was no foul Santi.

What on earth are you blabbering on about?

:post-4641-1156694572:

Edited by Chicog

21 hours ago, Chicog said:

It would have had to have been deliberate handball to be disallowed, and it clearly wasn't that.

I don't think it was the handball incident what made it dubious but the fact when Koscielny touched it, he was in an off-side position. Both Chamberlain and Koscielny were on side in phase 1 but once Chamberlain touched it that meant no matter where it hit Koscielny, he was off side

38 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Not moaning, just stating a fact. Pity you can't yet tell the difference. You got lucky, fair dinkum

I think I'll take Chamberlain's admission over what Henry and Carragher thought

Oh dear MrBo, the old rose coloured glasses need a bit of a clean.

You said yourself his words were:

"ït resulted in a cross into the box and one of us two sneaking it in at the back post".

Perhaps you missed the fact that Koscielny was "one of us two".

Yet somehow you paint that as him "admitting that he touched the ball".

Getting a bit desperate aren't we?

I'll leave it to the Pro's rather than armchair quarterbacks like yourself:

However the consensus among Thierry Henry and Jamie Carragher was that Oxlade-Chamberlain hadn't actually touched the ball, meaning that Koscielny WASN'T offside.

:sleep:

The Premier League themselves gave the assist to Walcott and their rules state:...." Assists are awarded to the player from the goal scoring team, who makes the final pass before a goal is scored. An assist is awarded whether the pass was intentional (that it actually creates the chance) or unintentional (that the player had to dribble the ball or an inadvertent touch or shot created the chance)" .....Ergo, the Ox did not touch the ball....Officially! Hope this helps:rolleyes:

It was not deliberate handball, it was a mis-kick by Koscielny. Even Arsene Wenger said you were lucky to win. The spirit of George Graham still lingers. I'd look at that as  a good sign if I were an Arsenal fan. Could be Arsenal's season.

14 minutes ago, champers said:

It was not deliberate handball, it was a mis-kick by Koscielny. Even Arsene Wenger said you were lucky to win. The spirit of George Graham still lingers. I'd look at that as  a good sign if I were an Arsenal fan. Could be Arsenal's season.

I don't think anyone has questioned whether or not it was deliberate handball, even Dyche didn't sound that sincere.

And we were lucky to win.

Remember as I said, Burnley turned over the bin dippers.

4 minutes ago, champers said:

The law is that it must be deliberate to be an offence. Not saying it's always correctly applied. Pundits on MOTD2 thought it should have been disallowed for handball.

Did Lee Dixon?

:smile:

52 minutes ago, Chicog said:

Oh dear MrBo, the old rose coloured glasses need a bit of a clean.

You said yourself his words were:

"ït resulted in a cross into the box and one of us two sneaking it in at the back post".

Perhaps you missed the fact that Koscielny was "one of us two".

Yet somehow you paint that as him "admitting that he touched the ball".

Getting a bit desperate aren't we?

I'll leave it to the Pro's rather than armchair quarterbacks like yourself:

No rose tinted here Chiqs. I merely said what made it "dubious". You have now taken that into moaning, getting desperate and rose tinted glasses etc.

I didn't miss the fact that Koscielny was  "one of us two". it was the main reason why I posted it. Chamberlain said "one of us two".  Why would he say "one of us two". if he knew he didn't touch it? Look at all the reports in which either he says he touched it or thinks he touched it.

Heres a quote from Skysports:- http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10603658/watch-laurent-koscielnys-controversial-winner-for-arsenal-plus-the-reaction

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

"I think it has hit both of us at some point, but it doesn't really matter, we've managed to squeeze it in at the end and that's one of the biggest wins we'll have this season.

Here's one from the Telegraph as to why the goal shouldn't have stood:- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/03/lauren-koscielny-goal-for-arsenal-vs-burnley-should-it-have-stoo/

Here's one from FoxSport:- http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/arsenal-celebrate-20-years-of-arsene-wenger-with-controversial-win-at-burnley/news-story/e08cd81cace2cde589b22970958e62b3?nk=d57bf9b35a0fb0311bf207ec72e617ff-1475664939

“It’s hit both of us in the end,’‘ Oxlade-Chamberlain said, with a grin, “And it’s squeezed in.’‘

Approaching the 92nd minute, a late corner was swung in and Oxlade-Chamberlain made contact.

Here's one from The Star: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/550166/Hand-of-God-2-0-Twitter-reacts-Laurent-Koscielny-controversial-goal-Burnley-sportgalleries

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain had a shot in front of open goal but the ball deflected on Laurent Koscielny's arm before it hit the net.

So Chic, are you a pro or an armchair quarterback? Don't know why you find it neccessary to insinuate others who disagree with you know less about the game than you do. It's a forum where we can discuss dubious decisions and this was certainly one of them.

But hey, you stick to Thierry Henry and Jamie Carragher. I'll stick to what the actual player on the park who touched the ball has admitted to, what several links above have confirmed and what anybody with a pair of eyes has seen

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I think it has hit both of us at some point

He kicked Kos's boot as Kos has kicked it upwards into his own arms.

Now we've established that:

Three points is three points innit?

960.jpg

3 hours ago, Chicog said:

He kicked Kos's boot as Kos has kicked it upwards into his own arms.

Now we've established that:

Three points is three points innit?

960.jpg

What? You show that picture (which shows a ball in mid air) and think that supports your opinion. Blimey Chic, you are really clutching at straws now. But now we have established Chambers kicked it onto Kos's hands, lets move on

Well done for the 3 points. Hope we get some lucky breaks as well.

Arsenal Quiz Questions

1--Derived from the team's nickname, what name is often given to an Arsenal fan?

2-'Which club does Arsenal play in the North London derby?

3--Who was goalkeeper for Arsenal during their 2003/04 undefeated Premiership season?

4--What first was Arsenal's 1927 match at Highbury against Sheffield United known for?

5--Which former Arsenal midfielder admitted that he was an alcoholic, and was also addicted to cocaine and gambling?

6--Who has won the most England caps whilst at the same time playing for Arsenal?

7--Who holds the record for Arsenal appearances, having played 722 first-team matches between 1975 and 1993?

8--Arsenal legend David Seaman has played for 5 different clubs, can you name them?

9--Name Arsenal's football ground?

10--Who won the Arsenal Player of the Year award as voted by members of the official Arsenal supporters' club for the following years: (a) 2008, (b) 2009, (c) 2011, and (d) 2014?

Swansea have a terrific record at the Emirates and Jon Moss did his best to maintain it with a ludicrous sending off for a trip out on the touchline.

Fortunately Feeeoooo is on fire at the moment, and we simply outscored them.

The other results went the right way, too.

Shame I missed it by being on a plane, but Sky are kindly showing the highlights on SS1 right now.

And Mo will slot in nicely while Xhaka can concentrate on the Champions league.

Edited by Chicog

Ludogorets belying their image as group dogs, but in a scurrying half of pretty equal possession and danger at both ends Arsenal have had the superior striking class through Sanchez's sassy chip and Theo's uncharacteristic, and therefore unexpected, blast from the box-edge.

Incoming Gibbs and Ox having good games. Ozil must have eaten too much birthday cake and has had uncharacteristically little influence. Important we get the next goal or we could still make too much of a game of it a la Swansea.

Edit:

No sooner said than we get the third. Keep piling it on lads - whatever and however rudely Chicog naysays, goals can still be important in this group.

Edited by SantiSuk