Arsenal

MiG16

Six will do nicely. Ozil found his touch in the second half and Ludogorets rolled over and died - had given their all in the first 30 mins.

Qatari broadcaster needs to focus. They had us playing at home on the score caption! 

Ozil must have eaten too much birthday cake and has had uncharacteristically little influence.

Uh huh.

goals can still be important in this group.

Uh huh.

Qatari broadcaster needs to focus. They had us playing at home on the score caption! 

Uh huh.

252891.jpg

What part of 'game of two halves do you not understand' re Ozil, Chic?

I commented at half time. He was pants in the first half and it was down to his regeneration that we were so dominant in the second. You watch Wenger when he scores the third - betcha he's saying to Bould "that roasting I gave him at half-time has worked wonders eh?"

We agree to disagree on the second uh uh. I still see level points and level goals scored and level goals differences between us and PSG as being a real possibility, so the more we score against others the better IMO. If you disagree then I'm sure it's only a matter of degree - no need to be repeatedly rude as you were about that. 

I don't doubt your fan capabilities, but really I wonder about your understanding of football sometimes.

The third point - on True Visions screens BeIN showed the score as being ARS [x] LUD [y]. If the Qataris adopt the American approach of showing the home team second (mirrors how they say it - eg 'Atlanta at Charlotte'), then I'll chalk that one up for you as I must have missed that tendency on 2 months of viewing games on BeIN. 

....:smile:

50 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

The third point - on True Visions screens BeIN showed the score as being ARS [x] LUD [y]. If the Qataris adopt the American approach of showing the home team second (mirrors how they say it - eg 'Atlanta at Charlotte'), then I'll chalk that one up for you as I must have missed that tendency on 2 months of viewing games on BeIN. 

Do you think it had anything to do with the fact that we were playing at The Emirates Stadium Santi?

I don't doubt your fan capabilities, but really I wonder about your understanding of football sometimes.

Oh lord.

Does that look like the stadium we played in last night Santi?

gun__1475138068_ground_ludogorets_razgra

:post-4641-1156694572:

Ha Ha - stupid me. At 1:45am it didn't look like a home game and all I knew prior was we were playing Ludogrets and must have assumed since last game was at home (please don't tell me we played Basil away last!) - returned from hols a few hours prior.

Why were the fans so quiet (don't answer that!) Why were fans leaving with 10 minutes to go? (don't answer that either!). Should'a taken a hint when the commentator said they were going for the underground - thought at the time that Bucharest must have developed a bit in recent years!

Where's the icon for egg on face  :post-4641-1156694083:

41 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

:laugh: You two would make a great comedy duo

Obviously I'd be playing the straight man.

Santi would be the Morecambe to my Wise.

The Ball to my Cannon.

The Baldrick to my Blackadder.

Etc. Etc.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Ha Ha - stupid me. At 1:45am it didn't look like a home game and all I knew prior was we were playing Ludogrets and must have assumed since last game was at home (please don't tell me we played Basil away last!) - returned from hols a few hours prior.

Why were the fans so quiet (don't answer that!) Why were fans leaving with 10 minutes to go? (don't answer that either!). Should'a taken a hint when the commentator said they were going for the underground - thought at the time that Bucharest must have developed a bit in recent years!

Where's the icon for egg on face  :post-4641-1156694083:

"I don't doubt your fan capabilities, but really I wonder about your understanding of football sometimes."

:giggle: 

By the way, where on earth did you get the idea that CL groups play games alternately home and away?

Edited by Chicog

I think Feeeeoooo must have had a long, hard look at himself in the summer after being left out of the England circus.

He's scored seven goals in six games.

The last seven took 42!

The lad's on fire. Long may it last.

HBD to the old guy, who has been heavily hinting at going for a new contract in the clip of an interview I just caught on the Keys & Gray show.

I'm fully reconciled to that these days*. Not so much because the performances are better (though they are and Sanchez /Ozil were the watershed signings for that). Rather I am reconciled to the fact that it is silent Stan that is the underlying factor behind Arsenal's lack of ambition.

I still see no sign that the club is targeting being top 5 Europe (sustainably), which was always my contention that we should. But if you are investment minded, as Stan clearly is, I fully understand that top 5 Europe is a risky strategy in today's financial high stakes game. PSG (this season), Man City and Chelsea clearly show that.

*Yeah - I know - who cares what a plastic thinks anyway!

Yep - it's another of those post Champions League games where a leading side plays poorly and looks to be heading for an upset from an unfancied team.

Can Ozil find another hat-trick after another anonymous first half?

We need Giroud back as an option for a bit of height when the team can't get the intricate game going. Our set piece play and crossing game is a complete waste of space today without any height or guile. Perez on for the way sub-par Iwobi if things don't change in the next 15 minutes.

Stan in the crowd - often a harbinger of disappointment?

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

and you were giving the Spuds sh-ite for not finishing West Brom away :laugh:

Yes, but they battered them.

We could have been 3-0 down before the hour was up!

First point of the year that goes to Cech.

:smile:

Edited by Chicog