Arsenal

MiG16

you may all say its cos Im biased

BUT

he didnt hold the ball for THAT long that newcastle needed to harass him for it in the first place

Ive seen various other goalies hold on to the ball for a few seconds longer, especially when they feel they are being pressured by opponents striker being in too close a vicinity before they do their goal kick

only times Ive seen goalies get carded (yellow) for above is when theres something like less than 10 minutes of the game left. and their team is leading. then yes, that can be seen as stalling.

at the recent Arsenal game, I do not agree.

It is very annoying when the goalie or any one else refuses to give the ball back. Best to let the referee give them a yellow card and presumably add on 30 seconds or whatever at the end. Nolan could easily have got sent off for headlock. Arsenal goalie would have been much better off giving a kick in the arse to centre back for conceding such a stupid penalty. :huh:

Probably just paper talk, nothing else migsy. I'd be very surprised if a Catalan like Fabregas would play for Madrid.

Let's hope not though eh carmine? :rolleyes:

He's probably made an agreement with Arsenal and Barca and will be flying back home at the end of the season, which, the way Arsenal are playing will be in late March. ;)

still gutted about the draw with newcastle

but we have not given up. far from.

unlike chelsea's boss :whistling:

(am I allowed to say that, or does that get me in trouble?)

Can't see Fab signing for Chelsea, whatever the money. Why stick around in damp and cold West London when your alternatives are to stay in the bosom of your family in North London (in the damp and cold) or the much warmer climes of Spain.

I couldn't understand why Barca would be interested anyway - an unnecessary luxury to own both of the best strategic play-makers in football. Fab has probably understood this for some time.

If Madrid wants, Madrid gets I would guess. £50m + buys an awful lot of talent to put alongside Wilshere. I could see Arse being tempted by a Benzema-enriched deal. He likes his bit of french. If Rooney can flip from home-town red to hated-town red it should be a breeze for a Catalan to stop lisping.

However, 50-50 says he doesn't care for the money and sticks with Arsenal (assuming of course we do not bomb out of CL qualification). He's young enough to do another couple of years and still be at the top of his game. Iniesta is 3 years older and may be waning by then

Can't see Fab signing for Chelsea, whatever the money. Why stick around in damp and cold West London when your alternatives are to stay in the bosom of your family in North London (in the damp and cold) or the much warmer climes of Spain.

I couldn't understand why Barca would be interested anyway - an unnecessary luxury to own both of the best strategic play-makers in football. Fab has probably understood this for some time.

If Madrid wants, Madrid gets I would guess. £50m + buys an awful lot of talent to put alongside Wilshere. I could see Arse being tempted by a Benzema-enriched deal. He likes his bit of french. If Rooney can flip from home-town red to hated-town red it should be a breeze for a Catalan to stop lisping.

However, 50-50 says he doesn't care for the money and sticks with Arsenal (assuming of course we do not bomb out of CL qualification). He's young enough to do another couple of years and still be at the top of his game. Iniesta is 3 years older and may be waning by then

Short of the last paragraph I agree totally. Fantastic player but £50m you're having a laugh surely.....

You are ofcourse right santi, Arsene loves french blokes and theres no doubting Benzema's young and fit. :D

For a swop deal involving Benzema plus cash for Fabregas you should snap their hands off.

I still have a problem believing a Catalan like Fabregas would go to play for Madrid. Just can't see it. I'd also loathe to see Benzema in an Arsenal shirt.

You are ofcourse right santi, Arsene loves french blokes and theres no doubting Benzema's young and fit. :D

For a swop deal involving Benzema plus cash for Fabregas you should snap their hands off.

I still have a problem believing a Catalan like Fabregas would go to play for Madrid. Just can't see it. I'd also loathe to see Benzema in an Arsenal shirt.

Sometimes I wonder if Arsene's absolute ambition is to have the entire French national squad sourced out of The Emirates. Then all he needs to do is persuade Theo and Jack to apply for French citizenship ....

Sometimes I wonder if Arsene's absolute ambition is to have the entire French national squad sourced out of The Emirates. Then all he needs to do is persuade Theo and Jack to apply for French citizenship ....

I like that idea. Yeah can we have Wilshere though? He'd do well alongside Charlie Adam.....Brazil here we come...! B)

i know what you mean. Saying that, i think Benzema is a fantastic striker. Maybe that "foreigner" Fabregas might be off soon to so another frenchie can come in to take his place.

What with all the talk about him going, i think that Nasri has been the more influential player for you this season and looks like he would be a good fit to take Cesc's mantle. Thoughts?

i know what you mean. Saying that, i think Benzema is a fantastic striker. Maybe that "foreigner" Fabregas might be off soon to so another frenchie can come in to take his place.

What with all the talk about him going, i think that Nasri has been the more influential player for you this season and looks like he would be a good fit to take Cesc's mantle. Thoughts?

Don't really like to deal with the Arse but .....given last night's performance we'll sell you Palacios...£35m for cash...alright?

:)

all or nothing tonight me thinks Mig !

got to get a good advantage going into the second leg, have a feeling though that a Barca away goal might be our undoing.

still not the end of the world if that be the case, at least then it will give us more time to concentrate on more realistic goals this season.

be good to see a great game though from two of the most attacking teams in Europe. the way football should be played, even if it doesn't win you the champions league.

sorry honest answer ! biggrin.gif

got to get a good advantage going into the second leg, have a feeling though that a Barca away goal might be our undoing.

still not the end of the world if that be the case, at least then it will give us more time to concentrate on more realistic goals this season.

be good to see a great game though from two of the most attacking teams in Europe. the way football should be played, even if it doesn't win you the champions league.

Realistic goal= Carling Cup

Leave the big comps for better teams! :D

:P

had the feeling that kind of response wouldn't take long to find its way onto the Arsenal thread.

yes, well played last night !

happy now? rolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by tigerfish

had the feeling that kind of response wouldn't take long to find its way onto the Arsenal thread.

yes, well played last night !

happy now? rolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif

In all seriousness your defence is what's worrying.....I can maybe see a repeat of last year...2-2 wasn't it?

Or even better.....:whistling:

defence (lack thereof) has certainly been our undoing for quite sometime now

all I will have to do is not take MY eyes off the ball!

I feel like if I blink, we might give the ball away :P

(but for now...have to make sure I dont fall asleep in the next 30 minutes or so!!)

I was thinking halfway through the second half how similar in style you both play and that Barca are simply better in every department.

But maybe your youth shone through in the end? Anyway you'll be delighted with the win but the reality is you lost an away goal and face the toughest second leg possible.

Good luck though it was a magic game. ;)

I felt Barcelona began to cruise in the 2nd half and that is dangerous against a team like Arsenal. Messi apart from through ball for Villa's goal and perhaps a dodgy offside decision against him had a poor game by his sky high standards.

Pique out for 2nd leg and Puyol maybe still injured. If Arsenal score first it would ask serious questions of Barca. :huh: