Arsenal

MiG16

Half time no score

But I hear we are doing ok.......

Ps. Just saw seapok remark

Remember - just cos I get no tele access does not make me clueless and completely out of touch with reality :whistling:

Hows it going on here, :huh::ermm::coffee1:

You better be up for it on wednesday night. ;)

think your lot need to be up for it more on Wednesday night seeing as your season is in the balance and your the ones that have been making all the noise this year. mind you hasn't that been the trend for the last god knows many years anyway ? wink.gif thought this was going to be the year though, it ending in a 1 and all that. biggrin.gif anything we get at you tin pot little stadium will be a bonus as far as the league goes. where as city and Chelsea will pull away and Liverpool are right on your tails.

tell me your not praying for an Arsenal win today. laugh.gif

Edited by tigerfish

think your lot need to be up for it more on Wednesday night seeing as your season is in the balance and your the ones that have been making all the noise this year. mind you hasn't that been the trend for the last god knows many years anyway ? wink.gif thought this was going to be the year though, it ending in a 1 and all that. biggrin.gif anything we get at you tin pot little stadium will be a bonus as far as the league goes. where as city and Chelsea will pull away and Liverpool are right on your tails.

tell me your not praying for an Arsenal win today. laugh.gif

Born losers aint ya? :lol:

How was the walk of shame lads??? :D

Arsenal have made dropping points needlessly this season an art form. :unsure:

Thought they'd have been lucky to win it with the late penalty. Couldn't score otherwise....usual let's walk the ball in the net nonsense...Reina was excellent again.

Fair result imo.

I think you can take it that we will be up for it (and so will I at 2 am or whatever!) now that United have thrown us an unexpected and unwarranted lifeline. After the wash-up of Sunday's defeat (every point lost is a defeat at this stage of the season) I would have said that we would have beaten Spurs. However:

Firstly, Arsene B Moans came out on Tuesday and said that everything is still to play for. This team have shown that they do not respond well under pressure and yet the French schoolteacher still insists on heaping it on. Contrast with the more savvy Ancelotti who yesterday said that he has no hope of first place - smart man, but you don't fool us while you sit there proudly at the top of the Form League :rolleyes:

Secondly, Man U heap the pressure on us by reminding us that Man U are just a somewhat better team than the rest, not a great team. And multi-competitions is a big issue for a not a great team.

My prediction 1-1 (or possibly 2-1 to Spurs). Should be a great match. Still waiting for every one of the attacking midfield and strikers (except van P) to play to their potential for the first time in 2 months. There are no injury excuses now lads. Only Vermaelen and Flaphandski are unavailable for selection and Sagna is expected to play (shame if that means no Eboue - I think he played threateningly well from the back in the last 2 games, but a pity about his naive challenge on Kuyt to give the 2 points away.

I have a theory that Fabregas's comments yesterday about Arsenal's lack of maturity were aimed at vanPersie rather than generally or at Eboue. Dunno why, I just think he would have thought the typical Dutch striker response to getting a goal on Sunday (aka Robben aka Kuyt) which might have been seen as throwing 2 points down the toilet would rankle with him. Don't know what the timing fuss was about though. Didn't anybody else think when the 4th penguin stuck 8 minutes up for ET - hang on a minute Carragher was treated on pitch for at least 10 minutes and then we had the normal other stuff that adds at least 3. I suspect the ref had far more than 8 in his own book anyway.

It could yet get worse. Luckily Spurs are not getting the points or the worse could be even worse than just losing 3rd spot!

never going to happen Santi, never going to happen ! biggrin.gif

was speaking to a mate of mine though the other day prior to the Bolton who has been a life long season ticket holder at the Arsenal and he reckons the rumblings and muttering in the stands are getting even more anti Wenger. even from some of his most devout supporters.

general consensus of thought and feeling is that he will get another year at the Emirates with a bucket load of money to spend and ordered to do so with the understanding that he has to win something next season or he is out of a job.

Yup - can't imagine the most faithful and supportive of boards/owners suffering another year of undignified surrender like this one.

Now its all over I'm a bit more sanguine about him continuing for another year and I'm not sure he needs buckets of cash. He can probably raise about £50 million from selling the following - Bendtner, Arshavin, Denilsson, Squillaci, Almunia, Vela. Possibly Clichy, Chamnak, Koscielny and Diaby also if the money is right.

Arshavin is the biggest disappointment of that lot. If Arsene can see him ever getting back to his peak form then I would strongly support keeping him as, what everyone these days seems to call it, an impact player. Otherwise he's going to make a huge loss on him and chances are someone else - a Stoke or a Sunderland or a European will be picking up a bargain.

Provided Vermaelen is going to get back to his prior form then we probably only need another strong centre back (preferably with 'bad-ass' and 'captain' tatooed on his forehead - mould of Roy Keane/Tony Adams), a world class goalkeeper and a strong target front man. The rest of the B squad replacements can be from his young upcoming Frenchmen policy as far as I'm concerned. Net cost probably only about £20 million. The wage cost is the big limiting factor. How do you attract the big three without big wages and what's the impact on the others. Also I haven't a clue where you find a detachable strong target front man these days without paying silly money.

All of this is conditional on Fab staying. Much more complicated if Barca take him - I make it a 50/50 likelihood. Barca have probably been realising that they do actually need even more strength in depth given their slight stutter of recent weeks (ignoring last night!)

Are there any good points from this season. Not many, but the rise of Wilshere and Theo giving us some glimpses that he can learn decision making on his final ball judgement are two of them. Djouro is also going to be a star in a couple of years time - future Arsenal leader maybe. I think Eboue might become a late developer next year.

Do your mates have any clue about the spirit and morale in the dressing room, Tigerfish. I suspect its rock bottom and Arsenal are doing their usual 'tight camp' job at keeping this from external gaze. I think the close season could see one or two unexpected events (illustratively, something like a Nasri move) just because of personalities, fall out from a hugely disappointing campaign and wage pressures.

When depressed, keep repeating the mantra 24.2 years (average age of the Arsenal A team with the full team squad only marginally older).

Something to smile about at last. Not surprising given that the pressure was off the Arsenal team.

Unlike the game next weekend, where Chelsea could get so much revenge and hurt cleansed in one match. What a stormer that one should be.

Edited by SantiSuk

One of the best football matches I have watched this season.

Arsenal's passing skill was tremendous , especially in the first half.

For me they have always been the most entertaining team to watch in the Prem league, just a pity their style of play does not win them anything.

One of the best football matches I have watched this season.

Arsenal's passing skill was tremendous , especially in the first half.

For me they have always been the most entertaining team to watch in the Prem league, just a pity their style of play does not win them anything.

I only caught the second half and even as an Arsenal fan I thought that at times it it was a bit scrappy from Arsenal - I lost count of the number of times we punted the ball hopefully up-field or otherwise lost the ball. Still we were facing one of the best closing down (through disciplined positioning) defences in Europe. Also I guess that without Nasri or Fab on the park they had to play a little more directly and less tippy-toes.

I've seen many more exciting games in the EPL this season - Arsenal v Tottenham and Blackpool v Man United come to mind. In fact most of Balckpool's games for the first half of the season were hugely enjoyable.

Wenger is expected to complain about the selection for England u-21's of Jack Wilshere. Andy Carroll and four other previously senior-capped players have also been called up.

In this instance I think that Arsene B. Moans has a point. It would be resolved by a rule that says that if a previously senior-capped player is called up at a lower age level than the club is entitled to withdraw that player from selection for the next full international. I.e. let Pearce and Pizza-man sort it out (should be an interesting contest that I would not like to call!).

Wenger is expected to complain about the selection for England u-21's of Jack Wilshere. Andy Carroll and four other previously senior-capped players have also been called up.

In this instance I think that Arsene B. Moans has a point. It would be resolved by a rule that says that if a previously senior-capped player is called up at a lower age level than the club is entitled to withdraw that player from selection for the next full international. I.e. let Pearce and Pizza-man sort it out (should be an interesting contest that I would not like to call!).

I can't see Pearce being pushed around again lol. Off they go then for some junior football when they should be havng a break....England really are a mess aren't they? :D

This thread seems to have entered post season phase already! Never mind I'll keep talking to myself.

No Fab and no Nasri again today at Stoke and Djouro and Clichy face late fitness tests. Vermaelen could be back in a first-team game for the first time since August and Ramsey will start for the fixture where last year he broke his leg.

Maybe Arsenal should pitch for Blackburn's captain Samba - awesome defensive display from him yesterday against WHam.

This thread seems to have entered post season phase already! Never mind I'll keep talking to myself.

We should merge this with another of the London clubs threads...then you could talk to yourselves at the same time. :D

i have a theory - if wenger had pushed the boat out last summer and signed zlatan ibrahimovic rather than chamakh arsenal could be champions now. they just don't have enough flat-track bullies for winning the league.

I will be back. Been sick.

Just like my team. Sighhhhh

And oi what's this crap about merging :angry: wait till I get my strength back and u all be prepared for trouble :whistling: