Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

9 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

According to a commentator on Bloomberg (Barry Ritholtz) Brexit looks more and more unlikely every day, likening it to a lost episode of faulty towers.

.... and you consider such source credible ?

I doubt anyone gives a flying fart what Americans think of Brexit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HAKAPALITA said:

If Exit EU   hurts  you personally you shouldn't be here , yet alone bleat about it. You came here before u had enough stached away. So Shut Up.!

I have no idea what you mean - brexit will hurt many people including those that voted for it.

Are you saying it's somehow sacrosanct or are you saying it's so delicate that too much criticism will break it ? 

Whatever - if I disagree with something I am perfectly within my rights to tell the rest of the world how I feel. Whether the rest of the world is bothered is another matter though.

• Like 1

If Exit EU   hurts  you personally you shouldn't be here , yet alone bleat about it. You came here before u had enough stached away. So Shut Up.!

A little rude at the end and several assumptions which aren't correct.Somewhat emotional and long winded in parts but otherwise a piece worthy of a financial expert.

Edited by soalbundy

What a silly post!

Many of us have extended families and many have a distributed existence (multiple homes)

I understand that you may have a small life and don't care. Some of us care deeply for multiple reasons.

9 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

He meant :- 'it doesn't bother people who have retired from hard work, we're happy, finished rant, get over it'. You have to work out what 'it' is by yourself.

Brexit will either fail or cause untold damage to the country.

Why?

Brexit was a simple, but wrong answer, to UK's complex problems. Ergo people that support it have poor logical analysis skills. We have put these people in charge of our govt. What do you expect to happen?

https://vip.politicsmeanspolitics.com/2018/04/26/the-tragedy-of-brexit-when-simple-ideas-meet-complex-realities/

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

He meant :- 'it doesn't bother people who have retired from hard work, we're happy, finished rant, get over it'. You have to work out what 'it' is by yourself.

Perhaps 'it' is a large reduction in the value of his pension.

Another one border line.I t dont bother retired hard working folk, were happy.Finised get over it.

It (Brexit) will definitely bother the approx. quarter of a million retired, hard working British folk now living in southern EU member states, for example Spain, if an agreement on the retention of EU freedom of movement rights post Brexit isn't reached!

If no such agreement is reached then they will have to convert their Spanish residency under the EU regulations to Spanish residency under the Spanish regulations. If they can't then it's back to Blighty for them: back to cold winters and a much higher cost of living!

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

Why worry about brexit..in a few decades the UK will be

under Muslim control, the whitey will be in the minority.

The UK is being sabotaged from inside before your eyes.

The present UK economics are evironmentally  unsustainable,

perpetual growth is impossible. The UK is going down the pan..

like the EU.

I'm off to Blighty tomorrow, so I'm in a bad mood tonight.

Maybe when you're in a better mood, you can explain the mathematical reason that let you to extrapolate that in a couple of decades the Muslim population of the UK, which now stands at 5 percentof the population will be more than 50 percent in 20 years.

Here's another take:

Muslim population of the UK could triple to 13m following 'record' influx

Yhe Muslim population of the UK is set to triple in 30 years, according to projections from the Pew Research Centre. 

Under the model which assumes median migration levels, the number of Muslims in the country would rise from 4.1m in 2016 to 13m in 2050. 

The US-based think tank says that the UK has been the major destination for economic migrants coming to Europe, while Germany has been the top destination for refugees. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/29/muslim-population-uk-could-triple-13m-following-record-influx/

8 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Maybe when you're in a better mood, you can explain the mathematical reason that let you to extrapolate that in a couple of decades the Muslim population of the UK, which now stands at 5 percentof the population will be more than 50 percent in 20 years.

Here's another take:

Muslim population of the UK could triple to 13m following 'record' influx

Yhe Muslim population of the UK is set to triple in 30 years, according to projections from the Pew Research Centre. 

Under the model which assumes median migration levels, the number of Muslims in the country would rise from 4.1m in 2016 to 13m in 2050. 

The US-based think tank says that the UK has been the major destination for economic migrants coming to Europe, while Germany has been the top destination for refugees. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/29/muslim-population-uk-could-triple-13m-following-record-influx/

I did not say a 'couple of decades'. I said 'a few decades'.

A few decades means its not mathematical, its a guess.

No one can predict with certainty..but its on the way.

Even your Telegraph uses the word 'could' which means

its a guess, and not a mathematical certainty. I doubt if

white flight was considered in the Telegraphs estimations.

You can't rattle me anymore, I'm on the plonk now.

2 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

I did not say a 'couple of decades'. I said 'a few decades'.

A few decades means its not mathematical, its a guess.

No one can predict with certainty..but its on the way.

Even your Telegraph uses the word 'could' which means

its a guess, and not a mathematical certainty. I doubt if

white flight was considered in the Telegraphs estimations.

You can't rattle me anymore, I'm on the plonk now.

I stand corrected about a "couple"

And you didn't state it as a guess or an estimate.

Here's the relevant portion once again:. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

I stand corrected about a "couple"

And you didn't state it as a guess or an estimate.

Here's the relevant portion once again:. 

It is not a guess or estimate, England will be a Muslim

State, and it is being handed to them by the UK gov.

Personally, I believe Muslims will make a better job of

running the UK.

9 hours ago, sandyf said:

Brexiteer mathematics, about 650,000 would have had Nigel Farage claiming the result invalid.

The government deliberately denied a large number of expats the right to vote and a couple of months later announced they would lift the law they had recently claimed had to be enforced. A law that in 2014 they had pledged to remove.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3827249/Expats-given-vote-life-Tories-unveil-plan-lift-15-year-limit-barred-3million-Britons-voting-general-elections.html

The briefing paper published last month indicates that it is still 'work in progress'

Not surprising, wouldn't want it before a second referendum, or even the next general election.

Thank you for that information. I though it had fallen into a black hole somewhere.

• Thanks 1

I am also not a fan of the Islamic invasion in Europe. There should not be such a lifelong residence permit in Europe. I would prefer that permanent migrants have proven to have a family bond from proven europen roots.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

I import and export to the EU and whist I really have no idea what is going to happen I'm optimistic that the current rules and regs will remain. In principal there shouldn't be any need to change as the infrastructure to trade with the EU is already in place.

The problem is for things to remain as they are we need to remain in the single market and customs union. This is the so called Brexit in name only, which is probably the most likely outcome at the moment. 

Problem is it's fairly pointless as it means retaining ECJ oversight and freedom of movement which  most Brexiters hate.