Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

As to your question “why on earth would anyone put future investment at risk” I suggest you write to Toyota, Nissan, Honda and BMW and ask them

We already have the answer, I have to assume a memory lapse or is he part of your Project Fear.

"Huge Japanese firms with big plants in the UK – such as Nissan and Toyota, who sell most of their British-made cars into the EU – are, he says, treading water, biding their time before deciding whether to relocate part or all of their businesses, so they can continue to be based inside the single market after March 2019. "

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/apr/22/koji-tsuruoka-japan-ambassador-britain-brexit-single-market

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Not another Project Fear surely....???????

Absolutely, the govt in London have screwed the Scots for years. Like hiding the fact the discovered a major oil field until after the referendum.

Are you denying the BBC were biased?

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

But Remainers never get that fact that the leave vote was not about business or the economy, anyway. 

That is a first, we agree on something but the reality is they cannot be ignored.

It will be a sad day for the UK if the foreign investors become 'Leavers'.

4 minutes ago, sandyf said:

That is a first, we agree on something but the reality is they cannot be ignored.

It will be a sad day for the UK if the foreign investors become 'Leavers'.

You should have said something before - I've been saying the same thing regularly since the referendum.

Yes, sad if investors pull out and investment declines. I hope everyone can see now how difficult it is for any member to make a relatively smooth withdrawal from the EU and its famous "pillars". It is plain now that the warnings by Powell, Benn and Shaw five decades ago were entirely valid - I did listen but not hard enough and chose not to vote either way then - if the EU has been successful in one thing, it has been the spinning of trade, laws, and politics together into a web made of chain, with lots of heavy balls hanging off it!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

FREEDOM!

Have it........oh no!.....the Scots voted against that.

To be factually correct, the majority of those born in Scotland who voted in the referendum voted YES. The vote was tilted in favour of NO by those eligible to vote who were born outside Scotland. 

11 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

To be factually correct, the majority of those born in Scotland who voted in the referendum voted YES. The vote was tilted in favour of NO by those eligible to vote who were born outside Scotland. 

I don't doubt your word for a minute but I have never heard this before. Have you got a link? I would like to investigate.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aright said:

I don't doubt your word for a minute but I have never heard this before. Have you got a link? I would like to investigate.

2 minutes ago, aright said:

Sure - I have posted this a few times in the past so easy to dig up the jpeg. Although it doesn't cite the origin, it was from this article in the Daily Record (a Pro-UK newspaper).

indyref1.JPG.948435a3444a887012841b28a3442a1d.JPG

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

we can't all be Robert the Bruce 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, aright said:

Started life as a game-Show host didn't he.

Apologies for, once again, dragging this topic far from its source but I just wanted to pitch in a little, possibly unknown, piece of history about the Bruce - according to some sources, he initially fought with the English against the Scots, and it was a dressing down he received from William Wallace after the Battle of Falkirk that changed his ways:

"On account of all this Robert himself was like one awakening from a deep sleep; the power of Wallace’s words so entered his heart that he no longer had any thought of favouring the views of the English. Hence, as he became every day braver than he had been, he kept all these words uttered by his faithful friend… (Watt, vi, p. 95-97)"

2 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Oh no..not again..all our yesterdays

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Teddy, I do worry about you - just a couple of weeks back you were bemoaning the temerity of 'celebrities' to interfere in politics, and now, once again, you are thrusting their views forth. Is it anguish from the seemingly neverending series of travails and disasters befalling Sevco that is causing you such inconsistency in word?

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Sure - I have posted this a few times in the past so easy to dig up the jpeg. Although it doesn't cite the origin, it was from this article in the Daily Record (a Pro-UK newspaper).

indyref1.JPG.948435a3444a887012841b28a3442a1d.JPG

I have seen these figures before, and I believe that they cannot provide a verifiable demographic regarding the vote in the Scottish Independence referendum; they are the projected figures concluded by Professor Ailsa Henderson of Edinburgh University in a study.

There is, as far as I know, no recorded, or at least published figures that show the number of votes posted yes or no, as a differential between those born in Scotland, and those not. There may well be some substance in her figures, but it is good to remember that they are purely speculative.

P.S ... it should also be remembered that only those qualified to vote actually voted, there was nothing unfair or underhand about the referendum 

Edited by Eloquent pilgrim
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

So so you lost that democratic vote.

Don’t you see a pattern emerging here?

Strange how you were happy to milk the support of the non-resident Scots...like Andy Murray.

Sorry, you have lost me - pattern? Non-resident Scots? Who was milking what?

36 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I have seen these figures before, and I believe that they cannot provide a verifiable demographic regarding the vote in the Scottish Independence referendum; they are the projected figures concluded by Professor Ailsa Henderson of Edinburgh University in a study.

There is, as far as I know, no recorded, or at least published figures that show the number of votes posted yes or no, as a differential between those born in Scotland, and those not. There may well be some substance in her figures, but it is good to remember that they are purely speculative.

P.S ... it should also be remembered that only those qualified to vote actually voted, there was nothing unfair or underhand about the referendum 

I can't find anything from an official source either. 

27 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

I never take the bait from imo republican snp supporters..I'm thankful I'm a British Unionist and a Brexiteer.
Maybe go back on topic???

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sorry - I should know better than to tease a man when he is down...

Here's a little article that makes for interesting / worrying reading - A Long List of Little Things

"... Brexit, if it goes ahead, will also throw up a very long list of little things with signficant practical consequences for ordinary people in a remarkably wide number of areas - and mostly things we didn't know (or weren't told about!) at the time of the referendum."

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

What do you deem an official source? A professor from Edinburgh University is quoted as having performed the study - in the absence of something of equal academic rigour which might contradict her results, I suppose that one would need to question her credibility in order to challenge the veracity of her work. Have you cause to question her credibility?

17 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You won’t, there isn't any, it is just speculation, if there was any verifiable data people would quote it rather than post this meaningless exercise in self indulgence. Meanwhile, the taxpayer funds people like Ailsa Henderson to write this pro-independence propaganda