Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

11 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

A five fold increase you say? So that would mean reported hate crimes went up from 62,000 (2015-16) to 310,000.

This is from the BBC:

"The number of hate crimes in England and Wales has increased by 29%, according to Home Office statistics.

There were 80,393 offences in 2016-17, compared with 62,518 in 2015-16"

And you say this is mostly due to the EU referendum? Let's look again via the BBC:

"The biggest rise was in disability and transgender hate crimes, but this was due to better crime recording and more people coming forward, the report said.

It also noted a spike in hate crime around the time of the EU referendum.

There were also rises after the Westminster Bridge, Manchester Arena and London Bridge attacks this year."

Not sure where you get your facts from.

I was referring to the spike that they noted.  Immediately after the referendum the UK saw the biggest spike in racial and religious hate crimes ever recorded, a five fold increase.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2018/03/19/hate-crime-did-spike-after-the-referendum-even-allowing-for-other-factors/

34 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Please supply a link, to show these figures are correct,and also proof that it’s the result of Brexit. Otherwise we can be forgiven into thinking it’s Another one of your made up scare stories. 

You have yet to produce any resemblance of an argument to suggest that anything I have said is made up, and its pretty rich coming from you anyway, clearly the best you have is lies, Brexiteering suits you.

The figures come from one of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply Brexit surveys, they ask thousands of British manufacturers about their experiences and plans regarding Brexit, they are the people in the know, and they are the people trying their best to lesson the blow, they are under no delusion that British manufacturing isn't about to take a potentially fatal hit.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/mar/31/manufacturing-firms-plan-job-cuts-after-brexit

https://www.cips.org/Documents/Knowledge/Procurement-Topics-and-Skills/Brexit/Brexit_Report.PDF

Edited by Kieran00001
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Come on think positive,don’t be like the remoaners,who always seem to be negative.

There is but one certainty in life, the thinking British people will never accept the E.U.

CE200553-ABB5-484A-A02A-B17FB831115A.jpeg

And nothing before has divided us like Brexit, what exactly is this thing you are calling together?

49 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

..and if you think it is all down to Brexit then you really are with the dumbasses.

Not all, but their problems are exasperated by Brexit, its been in decline for a long time, but Brexit might just finish them off.

5 hours ago, adammike said:

Don't effin call me a Tory ok! It's my opinion,I am a brit living in the Netherlands so I have skin in the game,I have started to spend a lot of time in the UK to help out my sister who takes care of my 94yo mum, it's very disconcerting to see the damage that brexit is doing families split etc,I will say that a lot of the brexiteers that have the strongest opinions it all seems to be just be racism pure and simple,my opinion.

Oi, you ...... no "lord mayoring" on this forum please

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I am not being pedantic, and the meaning you attach to it is not near enough. I am not calling you out for a typo or punctuation, but for the completely incorrect use of a word.

Ironic that is you leavers that are always telling us that people of greater intellect and a better educational standard  voted to remain, while those that voted for Brexit were of a lower educational and social standing.

I guess I should be thanking you for exposing the myth

deleted

3 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I am not being pedantic, and the meaning you attach to it is not near enough. I am not calling you out for a typo or punctuation, but for the completely incorrect use of a word.

Ironic that is you leavers that are always telling us that people of greater intellect and a better educational standard  voted to remain, while those that voted for Brexit were of a lower educational and social standing.

You're not making yourself appear bright.

13 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

You're not making yourself appear bright.

You’ll often find that it suits your book

To be a bit cleverer than you look.

Thus, the easiest method by far

Is to look a bit stupider than you are

Grooks, Pat Hein

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

I was referring to the spike that they noted.  Immediately after the referendum the UK saw the biggest spike in racial and religious hate crimes ever recorded, a five fold increase.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2018/03/19/hate-crime-did-spike-after-the-referendum-even-allowing-for-other-factors/

Here's what you said: "Reported hate crimes have increased five fold since the referendum"

That is not referring to a spike. I'd call it fear mongering.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

are cheap insults all that remain in your depleted armoury

It’s like derogatory quantitative easing, introducing insults just to devalue the insults that have gone before

• Like 1

Italian President Sergio Mattarella summoned on Wednesday a political novice who has been put forward by the anti-establishment 5-Star Movement and far-right League as their candidate to lead a coalition government.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-italy-politics/italian-president-calls-in-contested-candidate-for-prime-minister-idUSKCN1IO1NP?il=0

Popcorn and beer at the ready.

Leeeeeeeeeeeeet's get ready to ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumble

• Like 1

It is not acceptable to call all brexitears mentally, emotionally and socially  chalenged.

Firstly because that would be a breach of forum rules.

But most of all, that would be statistically incorrect, as it would be based on the assumption that TV Forum brexitears are a representative sample of brexitears in general.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

But most of all, that would be statistically incorrect, as it would be based on the assumption that TV Forum brexitears are a representative sample of brexitears in general.

Where are the ears brexiting too ?

Are your ears somewhat like some peoples teeth, they can be removed at night ?

14 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

It is not acceptable to call all brexitears mentally, emotionally and socially  chalenged.

Firstly because that would be a breach of forum rules.

The irony is you can't spell Brexiteers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Where are the ears brexiting too ?

Are your ears somewhat like some peoples teeth, they can be removed at night ?

Only if you sleep with the pillow over your head (the teeth - I’ve never heard of an ear fairy).

I SAID “I’VE NEVER HEARD OF AN EAR FAIRY”

Just goes to show - you learn something new every day, sometimes in the most unlikely places.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Here's what you said: "Reported hate crimes have increased five fold since the referendum"

That is not referring to a spike. I'd call it fear mongering.

But they have increased five fold, and for the first time in recorded history.  Did you read the link, it is far from fear mongering.

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

are cheap insults all that remain in your depleted armoury

You wrote this, which did not make you sound bright and if you look closely it is actually the exact same "cheap insult" you now accuse me of.

I am not calling you out for a typo or punctuation, but for the completely incorrect use of a word.

54 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Please don't give that hateful, anti-British piece of sh* James O'Brien any more attention than he already gets.

Love James O' Brien - he ain't' anti-British , far from it -  only in your twisted Brexit universe - thanks for the link keep em coming....here's an oldie but goodie nailing the Farige Eu-pensioned - kids with Eu passports liar .....

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

But they have increased five fold, and for the first time in recorded history.  Did you read the link, it is far from fear mongering.

It’ll blow over when all the Johnny Foreigners leave.  The Yardies’ll never whinge to the coppers.  Stiff upper lip, those boys; stiff albeit thicker than yours or mine perhaps

11 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

You wrote this, which did not make you sound bright and if you look closely it is actually the exact same "cheap insult" you now accuse me of.

I  Love stereotypes; I love all fonts

Edited by StreetCowboy
Typo
  • Haha 1