Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

Came across this quote, someone should tell Theresa May-be about it.

“You can do one of three things: you can decide to do a thing; you can decide not to do a thing; or you can decide not to decide. The last is the choice of weaklings and fools.”

Stephen King

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tebee said:

Came across this quote, someone should tell Theresa May-be about it.

“You can do one of three things: you can decide to do a thing; you can decide not to do a thing; or you can decide not to decide. The last is the choice of weaklings and fools.”

Stephen King

She already knows this ??

22 minutes ago, tebee said:

or you can decide not to decide. The last is the choice of weaklings and fools.”

This is why she should not be PM and should also have no part in the Brexit process or negotiations.

You cannot be part of a process or negotiations when you are very Anti the process that you are trying to negotiate.

I do not think that anyone needs Stephen King quotes to highlight the bleeding obvious.

My thanks for another stunning contribution ??

• Like 2

This is only relevant to the topic due to the derogatory nature that is attached to the word Populist by some on this thread.

Voting wrapped up across much of the Canadian province of Ontario on Thursday evening, where late opinion polls suggested the Progressive Conservative Party, led by populist Doug Ford, may take control after 15 years under the centrist Liberals.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-election-ontario/polls-close-in-ontario-where-populist-doug-ford-favored-to-win-idUSKCN1J318K?il=0

Liberals booted after 15 years in power.

Those populists ? How dare people vote the wrong way ??

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

She already knows this ??

This is why she should not be PM and should also have no part in the Brexit process or negotiations.

You cannot be part of a process or negotiations when you are very Anti the process that you are trying to negotiate.

I do not think that anyone needs Stephen King quotes to highlight the bleeding obvious.

My thanks for another stunning contribution ??

You really need to tone it down Renegade. You're coming over as continually aggressive.

2 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

If you can see aggression in the above comment, then it is you that has an issue.

I was being polite to you. I'm just asking you to turn it down. Jai yen yen.

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I was being polite to you. I'm just asking you to turn it down. Jai yen yen.

Trust me, I was also being polite.

No more needs to be said. If you have a problem with any of my comments, do what you continually shout throughout the thread '' Reported ''

No need to respond.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Renegade said:

Trust me, I was also being polite.

No more needs to be said. If you have a problem with any of my comments, do what you continually shout throughout the thread '' Reported ''

No need to respond.

You really can't help yourself!

You are obviously no fool and frequently make interesting contributions

We differ politically but so what?

Many of us come here out of interest and learn something.

It's not a fight.

Again, please tone it down. It's too shrill man!

32 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

This is only relevant to the topic due to the derogatory nature that is attached to the word Populist by some on this thread.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-election-ontario/polls-close-in-ontario-where-populist-doug-ford-favored-to-win-idUSKCN1J318K?il=0

Liberals booted after 15 years in power.

Those populists ? How dare people vote the wrong way ??

Now to the body of your piece.

This confirms exactly my view of populism. Ill thought through, naive, dumb.

This man is the brother of Rob Ford the disgraced former mayor of Toronto.

He is proposing tax cuts AND major spending on Toronto subway even Ontario has one of largest non sovereign debts in the world.

This is what you get with universal suffrage! Populists ?

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Now to the body of your piece.

This confirms exactly my view of populism. Ill thought through, naive, dumb.

This man is the brother of Rob Ford the disgraced former mayor of Toronto.

He is proposing tax cuts AND major spending on Toronto subway even Ontario has one of largest non sovereign debts in the world.

This is what you get with universal suffrage! Populists ?

He's been reading economics by Trump

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

For sure, all these people around the World are incapable of thought, are naive and dumb. 

Actually, it is people like you that the above applies to.Those that continually hurl insults are devoid of thought, the ability to articulate, and so tunnel visioned it makes them dumb.

What if he is the brother of a disgraced former mayor of Toronto ? If you had a brother convicted of pedophilia, would that make you the same as your brother ?

Cannot think, naive and dumb right enough ??

you didn't mention major tax cuts and increased spending.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

you didn't mention major tax cuts and increased spending.

Sheer brilliance, can you point out where I mentioned anything about any Policy in the comment you replied to ?

For sure, all these people around the World are incapable of thought, are naive and dumb. 

Actually, it is people like you that the above applies to.Those that continually hurl insults are devoid of thought, the ability to articulate, and so tunnel visioned it makes them dumb.

What if he is the brother of a disgraced former mayor of Toronto ? If you had a brother convicted of pedophilia, would that make you the same as your brother ?

Cannot think, naive and dumb right enough ??

Thanks for confirming my comment.

• Haha 1

If you believe in a Great Global Britain, widely respected and admired, punching above its weight in the world, you should be aware that the rest of the world is looking on with pity and bemusement at our continuing act of chaotic, pointless, unthinking self-harm. The rest of the world does not see the UK as striking out bravely into the world, but as a diminishing itself, blowing apart it's own reputation.

As American explained to me today that the reason Trump loves Brexit is that it will make the UK weaker and easier to exploit. He hates the strength of the EU, and wants to deal weaker, smaller countries that can be dominated. An Italian told me today that when he feels hopeless about his own countries' politics, he consoles himself that it's nowhere near as bad as the situation facing the UK.

Any reputation for being sensible, forward-thinking, pragmatic, or trustworthy is disappearing fast. Brexit, and the government's pig-headed handling of it, weakens the UK's influence and standing in the world more every day. Our country is becoming a joke, and a bad one at that. Surely few can find this tolerable. 

Stopping and reconsidering would not be seen as weakness, but an act of sanity that would be applauded & respected around the world. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, The Renegade said:

Sheer brilliance, can you point out where I mentioned anything about any Policy in the comment you replied to ?

Thanks for confirming my comment.

It wouldn't be his brothers reputation that makes him a populist but his policies, Grouses remarks concerning the former mayor were irrelevant but the man's policies are relevant to his being referred to as a populist but as you say, you didn't mention that.

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

but the man's policies are relevant to his being referred to as a populist but as you say, you didn't mention that.

Why would I mention the man's Policies 

I could not care less what his Policies are, I am neither Canadian or a Canadian tax payer.

Let me refer you to my 1st comment.

This is only relevant to the topic due to the derogatory nature that is attached to the word Populist by some on this thread.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, evadgib said:

We need an overall EU/UK arrangement which is good for both sides and which can stand the test of time. When you open the atlas and look at the map, the UK will still be in the same place. We will be leaving a political apparatus; we will not be leaving the continent of Europe. We wish to remain a good friend and reliable partner for all EU countries and the EU itself.

Perhaps the best way to describe it is we are aiming to have the same friends but with different structures.

That about sums it up. Regardless of what the hysterical remainers like to scream and shout.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Renegade said:

Why would I mention the man's Policies 

I could not care less what his Policies are, I am neither Canadian or a Canadian tax payer.

Let me refer you to my 1st comment.

and quite rightly so, populist policies are generally unrealistic and undeliverable without damaging the economy, doesn't bother Trump or the Italians though, sooner or later the roof will collapse.

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

doesn't bother Trump or the Italians though, sooner or later the roof will collapse.

Nice to see you have finally woken up.

We know, we have been telling people for years, but they continued to play the '' Deaf, dumb and blind kids that can't see the real EU '' record.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

and quite rightly so, populist policies are generally unrealistic and undeliverable without damaging the economy, doesn't bother Trump or the Italians though, sooner or later the roof will collapse.

The problem with most populist policies are today's problems are complex and it's hard for the masses to understand them. Simple solutions are almost invariably wrong, but the populist masses can understand them. 

There is no solution to this that is compatible with democracy though, other than having educated and informed press and politicians - which we don't at the moment.

c23A45z.jpg  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I lack the ability to extract paragraphs on this device but you'll like this too ?

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/an-enduring-home-for-german-investment

I have always been of the opinion, that an open and free agreement would be reached, once the Politicking was put to bed.

I tend to ignore the hysterics that are reproduced in the UK MSM that is designed with nothing more in mind than rabble rousing for one side or the other.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

When you use a cartoon to highlight only 2 possible roads from a highly complex problem, it takes stupidity to a whole new level.

No two Types of answer - god. this Brexit thing falling apart is really getting to you isn't it?

Edited by tebee