Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

That is not what you posted the first time, the link is above!  You wanted to make someone look an arse?  Well done, you've achieved that!

Original link

https://www.statista.com/statistics/246077/reach-of-selected-national-newspapers-in-the-uk/

Look directly below the main graph and you will find

https://www.statista.com/statistics/288261/circulation-trend-of-the-daily-mail-newspaper-uk/

It is so difficult to work out if you are a remainer.

Just now, tebee said:

Just to show what collateral damage the anti-immigrant rhetoric - and in particular Theresa May's response to it - is doing to the country.

We are refusing visas to doctors and  information technology professionals from non-EU  counties in huge numbers

The figures, obtained by Eversheds Sutherland, the law firm, via a Freedom of Information request, showed that 2,360 applications from doctors from outside the European Economic Area were rejected between November 6 and April 5 of this year, while 1,946 applications from non-EEA IT professionals were also unsuccessful.

The data also show that while 103 applications were made by pharmacists during the five-month period, not a single visa was issued.

https://www.ft.com/content/3eb607a4-6b0f-11e8-b6eb-4acfcfb08c11

How is the UK supposed to become a world center of excellence if firms here can't get the staff they need ?

Another problem that leaving the EU will exacerbate . 

Largely irrelevant IMO.

I've nothing against well-paid immigrants of any nationality being offered jobs in the UK, if there is a shortage of staff in that well-paid area.  But then we need to wonder why there is a shortage of staff in that well-paid area....

My problem starts when immigrants (with no hope of anything other than a job offering the lowest pay) are allowed into the country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, vogie said:

As much as you think you are correct in everything you say, you are not. I am not confused, it says in my passport 'non immigrant', are you disputing this?

No, I am not confused by your Thai visa status like you are.  Now, as I said, go and ask your country what they consider you to be.  If not an immigrant then what exactly do you think you are? 

2 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Original link

https://www.statista.com/statistics/246077/reach-of-selected-national-newspapers-in-the-uk/

Look directly below the main graph and you will find

https://www.statista.com/statistics/288261/circulation-trend-of-the-daily-mail-newspaper-uk/

It is so difficult to work out if you are a remainer.

Oh, I had to click on another link to find the graph you were referencing in the link you posted first, makes perfect sense.  Unfortunately for you, the second link is only the numbers of printed copies, it shows that the printed readership has fallen to just 1.4 million.  Did you think that looked right?  The online readership of the Mail has increased over the same period and now has a readership of 31 million.  Never mind, I've got patience for the Brexiteers, and oh boy do they require it! 

Just now, vogie said:

I repeat, it says non immigrant in my passport, you do understand what I'm saying. So I am not confused in the slightest, unlike some.

LOL - Go and ask your country what they consider you to be.  You could also ask yourself, who do you consider to be immigrants in your country, only those classed as immigrants or also the asylum seekers, illegal immigrants etc.

And you also failed to answer my question, if not an immigrant, what do you consider yourself to be?

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

I don't understand your posts either.

My country of birth considers me a non-resident Brit. nowadays, whereas Thailand considers me a non-immigrant.

Where is the confusion?

The confusion is yours, you have been mislead by the name of a visa into thinking that changed the definition of a term, hilarious stuff that could only happen on TV.

6 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I apologise for answering on behalf of vogie - but I consider myself a non-immigrant brit, that can be thrown out at any time if I don't meet the requirements necessary in Thailand.

You actually consider yourself to be the very same term that Thai immigration chose for the name of their visa?  A coincidence no doubt!  Look up immigrant, then tell me how the definition in some way does not apply to you.

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

Never mind spinning, answer my question, does it say non immigrant in my passport? What I consider myself to be is neither here or there. If you don't answer it this time I will assume you are ignoring the question (I won't say trolling).

Yes, it says non-immigrant, perhaps you also consider yourself to be an 'O' or a 'B', but what you are by definition is an immigrant, regardless of what Thailand's immigration department may choose to classify you as.  An immigrant is someone who has moved to a new country and intends to stay, it has nothing to do with visas.

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

I'm even more confused now!

You seriously think that Thailand has accepted me as an immigrant - even if I don't meet their requirements every year?  Not to mention every 90 days....

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

Very true, but I can be thrown out at any time if I don't meet the Thai requirements.

Just now, Kieran00001 said:

You actually consider yourself to be the very same term that Thai immigration chose for the name of their visa?  A coincidence no doubt!  Look up immigrant, then tell me how the definition in some way does not apply to you.

I and others have pointed out the difference time and time again - yet you choose to ignore it.

As the Thais say 'up to you' ? - but it's not something I'd expect from a Westerner.

• Like 1

Just now, transam said:

So now "non" is just a word in your opinion.....5170.gif.c31178bf504a9d28d68d3dc9544169b4.gif

Jesus, are you simple?  Look up the word and tell me how you don't fit the definition.  Forget about the Thai immigration system, it is irrelevant, this is like trying to reason with a 6 year old, how on earth can you stomach yourself?

I and others have pointed out the difference time and time again - yet you choose to ignore it.

As the Thais say 'up to you' ? - but it's not something I'd expect from a Westerner.

You have pointed out what it says in your passport, quite a different thing to what the word means. 

Read the below, are you a person who has come to like permanently in a foreign country?  If so then you are an immigrant, end of.

im·mi·grant
ˈiməɡrənt/
noun

1. a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.

Just now, transam said:

You are now in a corner talking drivel....Thailand puts the word NON in a passport for a very good reason that you do not understand....

I understand it, but it is irrelevant to whether or not you are an immigrant, which by definition you are regardless of your not seeking permanent residency in Thailand, if you reside here permanently on whatever visa you are by definition an immigrant.

Just now, Kieran00001 said:

Jesus, are you simple?  Look up the word and tell me how you don't fit the definition.  Forget about the Thai immigration system, it is irrelevant, this is like trying to reason with a 6 year old, how on earth can you stomach yourself?

I'd like to believe you are joking.

Do you live in Thailand?  And if so, do you seriously believe that you can remain if you fail to meet the Immigration necessities?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Very true, but I can be thrown out at any time if I don't meet the Thai requirements.

It’s happened to many a Farang migrant in Thailand.

They Head back to ‘Farangland’ with their Thai family in tow demanding to be treated with humanity, welfare, healthcare, housing.

Just now, transam said:

It seems I have you on the back foot....:thumbsup:

Keep dreaming, you have not produced anything to counter the claim that you are not an immigrant other than the fact that as an immigrant to Thailand you have chosen to make your life more difficult by choosing to remain on visas that are intended for non immigrants.

I'd like to believe you are joking.

Do you live in Thailand?  And if so, do you seriously believe that you can remain if you fail to meet the Immigration necessities?

Similar rules apply in the UK and might be applied had not Theresa May stripped UK Boarder Dept of funds and staff.