Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

4 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

???

When did Hubs become HQ's ?

Here is a fact for you. Your knowledge on what is happening in the banking world is non existent.

Did you just google, find an article that spoke of hubs and make the assumption that that was the article I was referencing?  Did you not find the one that called them headquarters?  Never mind, you probably think a corporation can only have one headquarters, right?  

Lets just get one things straight, Deutsche bank have submitted a contingency plan stating that they are moving 20,000 customer accounts to Frankfurt and planning to move an appropriate number of accounts managers to suit.  Meanwhile you are in denial of the effect of the referendum, you claim that all we are seeing is project fear and no action.  You are wrong, that is plain for all to see.

18 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

I have to back up their official statement?  What would you recommend I did that with?

Produce it from Deutsche Banks website, if it is an official statement 

It is unlikely that you will actually find it. 

The latest CEO took over in April 2018 and everything has changed.

May 2018

Deutsche Bank (DBKGn.DE) plans to cut 10,000 jobs, or about a tenth of its global workforce, as part of efforts to reduce costs, a person with knowledge of the matter said on Wednesday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-deutsche-bank-strategy/deutsche-bank-looks-to-cut-10000-jobs-to-reduce-costs-source-idUSKCN1IO1SA

You already knew this, right, cos you are a Banking Guru ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Neither, all perfectly clear in the quote, if the stocks are held up by Brexit then they will not be able to carry on, there is no current plan to leave because they do not yet know what Brexit will bring for them.  

1 minute ago, The Renegade said:

Produce it from Deutsche Banks website, if it is an official statement 

It is unlikely that you will actually find it. 

The latest CEO took over in April 2018 and everything has changed.

May 2018

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-deutsche-bank-strategy/deutsche-bank-looks-to-cut-10000-jobs-to-reduce-costs-source-idUSKCN1IO1SA

You already knew this, right, cos you are a Banking Guru ??

It came from the German finance minister following one of their regular meetings with them regarding their post Brexit plans.

34 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

tebee

where are you getting all this from 

you are continually posting stuff that you have copied and pasted but you are not crediting the source 

you are looking like a troll 

very much like a troll 

They are from the article I just linked too 

44 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

They are also called institutes, they mean the same thing, lol/

And I did not say anything about first moves abroad, I spoke of those which have committed to moving headquarters out of the UK post Brexit, 18 so far have committed, that is just a fact.  None of them have made the move yet, but they have committed to making it.

“Committed”...... you may have to check the dictionary on that one as well....

HSBC ‘committed’ to relocate after the Brexit vote. Very shortly after that they “uncommitted”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are nine months away from leaving the EU . We are nowhere near making a deal, neither  have we made any sort of preparation for leaving without one. Does this not worry you?

The government appears to have no understanding of what it wants,  no understanding of the EU and how it works.

A British MEP said 

"The trouble is that all we’ve received from the British government in the last year and a half has been overused slogans, half-baked threats and undercooked plans. Just one thing has been resoundingly clear from the government: Brexit means Brexit."

In particular they don't seem to understand what becoming a third country means,and why the EU is  insisting that is what we will be.

“There is not an issue of general distrust towards the UK. That’s not the issue, but the EU is a rules-based system. Why is that? It’s because 28 member states do not trust each other spontaneously; they trust each other because they work on the basis of agreed common rules with common enforcement, common supervision and under a European court that will make sure they all apply the same rules in the same manner. They trust each other because there are remedies available. If you don’t have these remedies, you’re a third country.”

The government says Brexit means we are leaving the EU’s institutions, the  ECJ,  the single market and the customs union.

That makes the UK a “third country”, just like Canada or South Korea. Being a third country means you don’t have the same privileges as EU members.

As a third country, it means  that the UK will not be in the EU’s crime-fighting intelligence agency Europol or the EU’s satellite project Galileo. It’s not a matter of money – no amount of cash is going to allow Britain to continue being in Europol or Galileo. It’s about trust.

It's no the EU trying to punish the UK for leaving, it that you can't become a non-member and expect members privileges. You could get something more like membership, but TM's red lines will have to give a little.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Didn't Deutsche bank lay some British staff off earlier this month?  They told us they will be laying off 7000 people this year, its started.

Laying off 7000 people,where exactly?

• Like 1

Just now, tebee said:

We are nine months away from leaving the EU . We are nowhere near making a deal, neither  have we made any sort of preparation for leaving without one. Does this not worry you?

No

We already have a deal, it is called WTO rules and regulations.

• Like 2

Comments from Twitter about Boris

The FT’s Henry Mance:  Only Boris Johnson could fly around the world to protest against airport expansion.

The Times’s Matt Chorley: “I will lie down in front of those bulldozers,” Boris Johnson once said of Heathrow expansion. It turns out only the first three words applied.

Labour’s Jess Phillips: This is the s**t that makes people hate politicians. Boris has learnt that he gets applause saying the easy stuff, he'd get respect if he said the hard stuff

The Guardian’s Gaby Hinsliff:If anyone's still unsure how Boris would react to Brexit going sour, his running away from the Heathrow vote offers some interesting clues

2 minutes ago, tebee said:

The Guardian’s Gaby Hinsliff:If anyone's still unsure how Boris would react to Brexit going sour, his running away from the Heathrow vote offers some interesting clues

tebee

Do you know where Johnson is ? Have you any idea how many months of planning went into it ?

Or do you think he just hopped on a plane and took off ?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

“Committed”...... you may have to check the dictionary on that one as well....

HSBC ‘committed’ to relocate after the Brexit vote. Very shortly after that they “uncommitted”.

Did they, I thought they had always maintained a commitment to remain in the UK, unlike about 20% of British financial institutes, who have committed to moving.  I guess you have no idea about the process, they don't just get to wake up one day and decide to move then change their mind the next day and decide to stay, they have to make a proposal which has to be agreed or not and make a commitment, 18 made a proposal to move and were accepted, they will be moving.

6 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

tebee

Do you know where Johnson is ? Have you any idea how many months of planning went into it ?

Or do you think he just hopped on a plane and took off ?

Does Boris have any idea where he is?

Or is he just content to be somewhere where he doesn't have to make a commitment he promised ?

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

Did they, I thought they had always maintained a commitment to remain in the UK

???

The Banking Guru strikes again.

What were HSBC trying to do between 2010 - 2014 ? I will give you a clue - Hong Kong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tebee said:

Long before this latest tirade from Johnson, this conservative government has been the most business hostile since....., well since we have been a democracy.

Your jobs don’t count in the Brexit scheme of things, being poorer doesn’t count, their not even going to control immigration, only European immigration (the rest which we have always had control is larger then European and we never managed to control that) we will have to sign up to sovereignty surrendering treaties (that, or have no international agreements whatsoever), we could always make our laws and we aren’t going to change then now unless there is advantage to doing so (not seen a single example of that yet).

The rich spoils of Brexit will be a blue passport (we could have had any time we wanted), being poorer, struggling to get doctors and nurses, a reduced manufacturing base (with no services free trade, that will take a hit as well) and less European immigration (which it turns out we actually need to function). And the one tangible benefit (for some) is lower house prices; that is a bonus of you haven’t got one, but a nasty shock if you do.

10/10 for plagiarism

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tebee said:

Deeply troubling of course, as both sides seem more anti-business than ever, with the Tories at the moment in the lead because at least Labour will stay in the customs union and could well end up with their ridiculous leader being dragged to single market membership at the party conference.

The Tories however are beyond the pale with a small gaggle of Brextremists seemingly call the shots because Maybot wanted them to trust her at the start of the tyranny that is her shocking and embarrassing premiership. Her completely reckless red lines, appointing some of the most ridiculous Brexiteers to key positions, offensive 'citizens of nowhere' bigotry, a big F YOU to the 48%, unwillingness to even meet business until the aftermath of that stupid election she called, lack of relationship building skills in European capitals, hostile environment policies aka incredibly cruel, inhumane approach to immigration that actively works against business too and so on.   

Perhaps when she is back running through wheat fields, there'll be a chance for the Tories to reclaim a semblance of credibility with business, but it's going to take a lot to do so. 

Full marks again......

21 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

No

We already have a deal, it is called WTO rules and regulations.

We  don't - we have not agreed how we will split our own quotas off from the EU yet 

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/press/press-releases/2018/06/26/council-authorises-opening-of-negotiations-with-wto-members-on-brexit-related-adjustments/

6 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

???

What were HSBC trying to do between 2010 - 2014 ? I will give you a clue - Hong Kong.

The thinking man strikes again, I will give you a clue, those dates are pre Brexit vote.

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The thinking man strikes again, I will give you a clue, those dates are pre Brexit vote.

Let me help you out as you misquoted me.

14 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Did they, I thought they had always maintained a commitment to remain in the UK,

11 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

As the resident clueless Banking Guru. HSBC spent the years 2010  - 2014 trying to move their whole operation from London to Hong Kong. This failed for several reasons.

So, to shoot you down in flames yet again - '' HSBC have not always maintained a commitment to remain in the UK ''

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

So, to shoot you down in flames yet again - '' HSBC have not always maintained a commitment to remain in the UK ''

Indeed.

http://www.cityam.com/214062/bye-bye-hsbc-investors-want-it-leave-london

https://metro.co.uk/2017/01/18/hsbc-will-move-staff-to-paris-as-soon-as-brexit-takes-effect-6389763/

But then again......

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/835089/Brexit-City-Of-London-Jobs-France-Macron-HSBC-results-Finance-video

• Like 2