Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

1 hour ago, tebee said:

Brexit prompts Heathrow operator Ferrovial to move international HQ out of UK

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44614352

That is a brilliant comment tebee. Did it give you a warm, fuzzy feeling ?

Maybe you should have tried reading before posting

In a statement, it said: "Ferrovial has considered the relocation of the corporate registered office of holding companies of international businesses, currently in the UK, to a jurisdiction which is under the umbrella of European Union law.

"There is no impact on employment, and our operations in the UK will remain unchanged."

https://news.sky.com/story/heathrow-owner-to-move-to-the-netherlands-due-to-brexit-11417186

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Remainers, without a doubt a cult.

But there is a damn good reason for it

Leavers are mostly over 50 and remainers are mostly below 50, right ?

Here is why

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jun/26/britain-is-becoming-a-stupid-country-melvyn-bragg-says

30 - 35 years of dumbed down education, that really took off in 1997 under a Labour Government who's mantra was '' Everyone is entitled to go to University ''

We wont tell you that you are actually dumb as a rock, because it is great for Labour, it keeps unemployment figures down. Do not whinge when you have a Degree that is worthless.

Really, another post filled with jealousy for those who bothered to educate themselves?  How many times are you going to reveal yourself like this?  Its getting embarrassing just watching!  

57 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

f only 37% of the population voted that we should go to war, would that be democracy in action and the path we must go down....I don't think so!

But could you take the time to tell us all when the UK Population has ever had a vote on going to war ?

Trying to make false comparisons and  introducing Red Herrings ?

51 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

That is a brilliant comment tebee. Did it give you a warm, fuzzy feeling ?

Maybe you should have tried reading before posting

https://news.sky.com/story/heathrow-owner-to-move-to-the-netherlands-due-to-brexit-11417186

the decision would address the negative effects of Brexit and allow its businesses to be taxed in Spain.

"There is no impact on employment, and our operations in the UK will remain unchanged."

Unchanged, except for the loss of tax revenue from the 376 million profit they are moving to Spain, nice one Brexiteers, just what we need.

33 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

But could you take the time to tell us all when the UK Population has ever had a vote on going to war ?

Why are you talking shoite ? Trying to make false comparisons and  introducing Red Herrings ?

Flame me again and you go on my ignore list.

Tony Blair

The former Labour premier, branded the "Remainer-in-chief" by Brexiteers, is also set to claim the rise of populism in European countries such as Italy risks a return to the 1930s.

And on populism, Mr Blair says: "The populist wave upending Western politics shows no sign of abating. Italy proves that.

"It is difficult to predict whether we are at the crest of the wave which will soon subside or whether it is still building its momentum. But I fear it is the latter."

https://news.sky.com/story/tony-blair-calls-for-brexit-to-be-delayed-and-warns-populism-could-drag-europe-back-to-1930s-11418138

Tony Blair, for all he talks, fails to mention why this '' Populism '' is now rampant and spreading throughout the EU.

He fails to mention it, because he is part of the problem.

So tebee, to answer your question, as remainer in chief Blair says. The EU is heading back to the 1930's. The only reason needed for leaving.

13 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Flame me again and you go on my ignore list.

I asked you a few questions pertinent to your comment.

32 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

I understand that you are ancient, from somewhere around 1490.

Why are you talking shoite ? Trying to make false comparisons and  introducing Red Herrings ?

Asking pertinent questions is not flaming you.

16 hours ago, Jip99 said:

“Committed”...... you may have to check the dictionary on that one as well....

HSBC ‘committed’ to relocate after the Brexit vote. Very shortly after that they “uncommitted”.

We can only hope that you have it right, that the relocation of the EMA and EBA will "uncommitted".

21 hours ago, tebee said:

Honda too is now warning of the problems continuing production in the UK if we leave the SM and CU 

https://www.ft.com/content/8f46b0d4-77b6-11e8-8e67-1e1a0846c475

Tebbe from your posts it would seem you are definitely a 'half glass empty' person and come across like a 'doomsday prepper' either hoping for the end of the world so you can justify yourself saying I told you so or genuinely feel happy when you are miserable.

My suggestion would be to stop reading article headlines with could, maybe, possibly, might in, as these are headlines from businesses and organisations that are wanting the UK to stay in the EU, so they have the 'cornered EU market'.

2 years on and still project fear is trying its best to create unrest and keep the UK in the EU with daft terms like Soft brexit and Hard brexit. Luckily most people I know are not falling for it.

EU Withdrawal Bill officially becomes law

The same article also debunks another remainer myth.

The EU Withdrawal Act, as it is now known, will also repeal the 1972 European Communities Act, which took Britain into the EU and meant that European law took precedence over laws passed in the UK Parliament.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-44615245

Only remainers could not see, were unwilling to admit, or were just too blind to see that EU Laws took precedence over UK Law.

56 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

I asked you a few questions pertinent to your comment.

Asking pertinent questions is not flaming you.

You wrote.

Why are you talking shoite ? 

And that was just after you wrote.

Sure you do, so why be a wimp and try and worm out of it ?

A skill that certain remainers have down to a fine a art

You're not fooling anyone.

7 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Tebbe from your posts it would seem you are definitely a 'half glass empty' person and come across like a 'doomsday prepper' either hoping for the end of the world so you can justify yourself saying I told you so or genuinely feel happy when you are miserable.

My suggestion would be to stop reading article headlines with could, maybe, possibly, might in, as these are headlines from businesses and organisations that are wanting the UK to stay in the EU, so they have the 'cornered EU market'.

2 years on and still project fear is trying its best to create unrest and keep the UK in the EU with daft terms like Soft brexit and Hard brexit. Luckily most people I know are not falling for it.

Most newspaper articles look to future events on the basis of probability, it's hard to decide them with absolute certainty hence the words could, maybe, possibly and might are important caveats. Having said that, The Express and The Sun will conjure up all manner of scenario's which could, maybe, possibly and might but all of them should be disregarded as simply a means to sell copies.

3 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Most newspaper articles look to future events on the basis of probability, it's hard to decide them with absolute certainty hence the words could, maybe, possibly and might are important caveats. Having said that, The Express and The Sun will conjure up all manner of scenario's which could, maybe, possibly and might but all of them should be disregarded as simply a means to sell copies.

Well if that is your scientific analysis that most newspapers look on the basis of probability they have done an abysmal job since the referendum, as the UK would be decimated financially, there would be mass unemployment and life would be hell. So my suggestion would be not to believe it until it happens.

Many seem to think the WTO is a cut and dried scenario.

A government spokesperson said: “As we leave the EU we need to create a new UK goods schedule at the WTO, covering tariffs on our imports from other WTO members. We have engaged all WTO members, and they understand our intention to establish our goods schedule by rectification.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-updates-eu-trade-quotas-talks-uk-wto-a8417156.html

2 hours ago this comment was made

2 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

judging by the number of hours supporters spend here discussing this point many of them are clearly bored.

To alleviate the posters consternation.

Meet Brexit Annie

DSCF0556.thumb.JPG.9e5c70218e8a6130a5b46a26310cd0bb.JPG

I should have been back to work 12 days ago.

Brexit Annie appeared in this world 16 days ago, her mum is still very sick in hospital and my wife is by her bedside. I have a lot of time, with very little sleep on my hands.

What excuses do the remainers have ? After all, according to some, remainers are highly educated, in high powered employment and should not have time to be posting on forums ??

1 hour ago, simoh1490 said:

If only 37% of the population voted that we should go to war, would that be democracy in action and the path we must go down....I don't think so!

I'm having flashbacks now to cyclical arguments in Brexit debates of the past and I'm not inclined to go down that road yet again, not unless somebody has some new and startling information to add....no, I didn't think so.

With respect, when you refer to a group of people, without clarifying which group, you do, by design, invite speculation or assumption; you were kind enough to give us all a clue by using the word contrarian, which refers to a person or people that oppose or reject popular opinion. The popular opinion in the referendum vote, was to leave, so the only conclusion that anyone can arrive at is that you were referring to remainers.

I do hope that you are not simply another remainer using a word that you do not understand in an attempt to bolster the claim of intellectual superiority ; we have enough of those already on this thread.

Making a comparison to voting to go to war, is, as I hope you realise, sensationalist nonsense, the electorate don't get to vote on such matters, rendering any comparison utterly meaningless

5 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well if that is your scientific analysis that most newspapers look on the basis of probability they have done an abysmal job since the referendum, as the UK would be decimated financially, there would be mass unemployment and life would be hell. So my suggestion would be not to believe it until it happens.

I haven't checked but I'd be willing to bet that most of those events you (and others) keep mentioning were actually caveated with the words could, maybe, possibly and might or similar, when they were first uttered (not when they were subsequently reported). If they weren't they would attract the same kind of criticism you're now handing out hence people such as Ministers tend not to do such things....urban myths propagated by the few for the benefit of the gullible.

2 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

With respect, when you refer to a group of people, without clarifying which group, you do, by design, invite speculation or assumption; you were kind enough to give us all a clue by using the word contrarian, which refers to a person or people that oppose or reject popular opinion. The popular opinion in the referendum vote, was to leave, so the only conclusion that anyone can arrive at is that you were referring to remainers.

I do hope that you are not simply another remainer using a word that you do not understand in an attempt to bolster the claim of intellectual superiority ; we have enough of those already on this thread.

Making a comparison to voting to go to war, is, as I hope you realise, sensationalist nonsense, the electorate don't get to vote on such matters, rendering any comparison utterly meaningless

Congratulations on baby Annie.

The parallel of voting for Brexit and war is important and appropriate, they are both significant events that the population should be involved in and have a say in. Although historically the population has never been allowed a vote in recent times as to whether to go to war or not and clearly something similar was in Cameron's mind when he went to and fro over the decision to give people a say in EU membership. To allow the people a vote is arbitrary and is not mandated in law hence I can imagine a future scenarios where the populous is asked to vote on whether we should go to war or not, it's not beyond the realms of impossibility whatsoever.

7 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

urban myths propagated by the few for the benefit of the gullible.

It would appear that those urban myths that you mention, predominantly come from remainers.

Immediate recession

Emergency budget

Housing market collapse

2 years on - Still waiting.

2 hours ago, The Renegade said:

Remainers, without a doubt a cult.

But there is a damn good reason for it

Leavers are mostly over 50 and remainers are mostly below 50, right ?

Here is why

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jun/26/britain-is-becoming-a-stupid-country-melvyn-bragg-says

30 - 35 years of dumbed down education, that really took off in 1997 under a Labour Government who's mantra was '' Everyone is entitled to go to University ''

We wont tell you that you are actually dumb as a rock, because it is great for Labour, it keeps unemployment figures down. Do not whinge when you have a Degree that is worthless.

So now we have two cults in the UK? So now we have Brexit to than for a religious schism that will take a generation or more to heal.

This is why I have so much vitriol about the  government's decision to take to popularist stand and go for a hard right Brexit after a nearly evenly split vote. It was taken to try to heal rifts in the Conservative party over any consideration for the good of the county. The nation now is split - at least half of it is going to be unhappy and will cause trouble for years to come, probably destroying the political system as we know it. 

I really can't see much good coming of this debacle even if we choose to remain  in the end. 

BTW in spite of my youthful good looks, I'm somewhat over  50, so not a product of any dumbed down education system.  

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

For sure some of the forum uber hard brexiteers who might be a little bit soft up there failing to work out the differencies which are splitting both major political parties on a daily basis.

42 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

The concept of a war referendum has been floated in the UK for over 300 years, nothing sensationalist about making a comparison to a well discussed concept.

14 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

For sure some of the forum uber hard brexiteers who might be a little bit soft up there failing to work out the differencies which are splitting both major political parties on a daily basis.

Both major Political Parties in the UK had a Party Manifesto for the 2017 GE of leaving the EU.

Between them they received 82% of the vote. The Lib Dems who ran on a platform of staying in the EU were almost wiped out.

So who is it that is '' Soft up there '' ? It would appear that would cover remainers who still cannot accept:

1. The Referendum result.

2. The parliamentary vote on triggering Article 50.

3. The result of the 2017 GE.

You can now add in

4. Royal Assent being given to the EU withdrawal Bill.

2 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

If only 37% of the population voted that we should go to war, would that be democracy in action and the path we must go down....I don't think so!

I'm having flashbacks now to cyclical arguments in Brexit debates of the past and I'm not inclined to go down that road yet again, not unless somebody has some new and startling information to add....no, I didn't think so.

If, in your flashbacks, you consider that these cyclical arguments were won by remainers, then maybe we should hit that road again. No, nothing much has changed, except that the non-negotiations seem to be becoming ever more useless. 

The basic question remains the same: do you prefer to remain British, with a vote for a national government every 5 years, or do you want to abandon that identity to become an obscure part of a European superstate, where the elected parliament has little real effect, with the real power in the hands of a few selected EU Commissioners.

No, nothing new. Economic problems will emerge as a result of Brexit but that is the only argument that Project Fear and the remainers have ever had. Personally I see Britain being better-off in the long run as a non-member. Remainers seem to be too short-sighted to see any probable long-term damage to Britain and the European continent as a whole, especially with the EU structured as it is and as mismanaged as it is has been. 

I am in favour of a sensible association of European nations but not in its present form. 

Archived