Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

If you live in Thailand and eat eggs, you wouldn't give a flying fart about DEFRA or the EU... :shock1:

If you live in Thailand then I would have thought you wouldn't give a flying fart about Brexit either.  In which case, why are you even contributing to this debate?

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

"Twitter said only 1% of accounts in a massive pro-Brexit bot network were registered in Russia"

Registered... 

It's not difficult to fake one's location in the Internet. Loads of people here in Thailand do it everyday, when they wish to watch TV-shows back home over VPN connection.

I don't know what is the price for buying 100K accounts from Philippines or other countries and turn those with API's to broadcast either Egghead or Boob news. (Referring to the often used twitter avatars of these accounts).

Could you provide some links to unusual activity from these huge amounts of fake accounts from the Philippines and such places?

54 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Those links are all about the Russians - but Cambridge Anaytica is very not Russian and very Anglo American.

But there is no evidence that Cambridge Analytica swung the vote in the referendum. And, as far as I'm aware, they've been suspended by Facebook because they were using Facebook's turf to do what Facebook does.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/chickens-eggs-footage-noble-foods-big-fresh-walston-poultry-farm-a8262296.html

A free range egg is 3P more than a concentration camp egg (15P v 18P) at the farm gate.

For the aurally challenged that's 20% of bugger all.

I trust the EU more than DEFRA.

If any of you can't afford to go to work on a happy egg, send me a supermarket receipt and I will refund the difference; in eggs.

Watch out - he'll refund you with sad eggs.

45 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Britain will be able to do trade deals while in the transition period.  Good news but at what price I wonder?

OK Britain can agree trade deals but they cannot be activated until after we leave in December 2020. Irish border issue still a sticking point.  But the transition period is agreed.

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

Yes I voted because I live in Britain with my family and Brexit directly affects me.  How about you?

Yes I voted because I live in Thailand with my family and Brexit directly affects me

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Yes I voted because I live in Thailand with my family and Brexit directly affects me

Yet you wrote..

"If you live in Thailand and eat eggs, you wouldn't give a flying fart about DEFRA or the EU.."

So you do give a flying fart about DEFRA and the EU as you say Brexit directly affects you.  Apart from the weak pound I have to wonder how it directly affects you.  Still none of my business really. :smile:

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Sorry, but that has nothing to do with what you claimed.

It's exactly what I claimed. Let me remind you.

"Registered... 

It's not difficult to fake one's location in the Internet. Loads of people here in Thailand do it everyday, when they wish to watch TV-shows back home over VPN connection.

I don't know what is the price for buying 100K accounts from Philippines or other countries and turn those with API's to broadcast either Egghead or Boob news. (Referring to the often used twitter avatars of these accounts)."

Professor Stephen Hawkins who died last week, was once asked, what he thought of people who continuously mention, their supposedly intelligence. Replied  ‘People who boast about their IQ are losers’
 Me thinks, he had been reading the post of some remoaners on Thai Visa.

Doubtful, unless he was psychic as well, since that quote is from 2004. A more up to date quote about Brexit from him would be

“By remaining in the E.U., we would have given ourselves more influence in the world, and we would provide future opportunities for young people,"

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Your claim is that Russia is spoofing huge numbers of social media accounts for use in changing peoples' voting intentions in other countries. Your link shows nothing of the sort.

Care to link to the post I claimed that?

3 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Care to link to the post I claimed that?

Your post#1403, in which you were trying to repudiate the link I posted about lack of Russian interference on social media wrt brexit. Are you disowning your opinions now?

2 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Your post#1403, in which you were trying to repudiate the link I posted about lack of Russian interference on social media wrt brexit. Are you disowning your opinions now?

And, yet.. that message still is this:

"Twitter said only 1% of accounts in a massive pro-Brexit bot network were registered in Russia"

Registered... 

I don't know what is the price for buying 100K accounts from Philippines or other countries and turn those with API's to broadcast either Egghead or Boob news. (Referring to the often used twitter avatars of these accounts)."

I think that information has now been posted enough times, so that it can be absorbed even by the thickest of skulls. 

I did check the article about twitter and the most important part of the article was, that it talked about where the accounts were Registered. It's not technically challenging to fake that information. I'll repeat it again. It's not technically challenging to fake location based information on internet. 

2 hours ago, nontabury said:

Says someone from Finland. Yet for some strange reason,or at least according to you, more and more Finns are wanting out of this so called union.

Happiest country in the world

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, oilinki said:

And, yet.. that message still is this:

Registered... 

I think that information has now been posted enough times, so that it can be absorbed even by the thickest of skulls. 

I did check the article about twitter and the most important part of the article was, that it talked about where the accounts were Registered. It's not technically challenging to fake that information. I'll repeat it again. It's not technically challenging to fake location based information on internet. 

So, after much ado about nothing, we're back were we started. Can you now provide some evidence that the Russians have actually done what you claim?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43456502

One statement which surprised me is that there are 4.5 million EU nationals living in the UK. Last year, the accepted figure was less than 3 million, and we keep being warned that there are going to be post-brexit labour shortages because EU migrants are leaving in their droves.

Some leaving and some coming in.  Problem is that the ones leaving tend to be the professionals and the ones coming in aren't.  Still they have only got until December 2020 to come in and settle, then we will have control of our borers again!   Or so the Brexiteers think.. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, nontabury said:

Professor Stephen Hawkins who died last week, was once asked, what he thought of people who continuously mention, their supposedly intelligence. Replied  ‘People who boast about their IQ are losers’

Me thinks, he had been reading the post of some remoaners on Thai Visa.

You will never hear me referring to IQ. After all this time you still cannot differentiate between intelligence and education. ?

BTW, it's Hawking not Hawkins. At least get the man's name right! Jesus.

Edited by Grouse
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

So, after much ado about nothing, we're back were we started. Can you now provide some evidence that the Russians have actually done what you claim?

Let's make this clear. I claimed it's technically not challenging to create large number of twitter accounts. I did not claim that Russians did that. Do you agree with that and therefore admit that you were lying earlier on the post below?

29 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Your claim is that Russia is spoofing huge numbers of social media accounts for use in changing peoples' voting intentions in other countries. Your link shows nothing of the sort.