Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

37 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Imagine if the Secretary of Defense was continually reminding the house of the prowess of the British Army by using Rourke's Drift as a reference.........that's you and Project Fear in the Brexit debate.

Forgive my substitution

Imagine if the Secretary of Defense was continually reminding the house of the prowess of the British Army by using the Battle of Saratoga as a reference.........that's you and Project Fear in the Brexit debate.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

No, simoh, Rourke's Drift happened in the nineteenth century, two centuries prior to the current century. By the way, brexit D-day happens at the end of March next year. Not sure why you think it happened seventy years ago? You can't possibly be referring to the end of WW2: that was more than seventy two years ago. Unless your maths is failing you?

Typical Brexiteer word games and lack of honesty, math and common sence. 

12 minutes ago, aright said:

Forgive my substitution

Imagine if the Secretary of Defense was continually reminding the house of the prowess of the British Army by using the Battle of Saratoga as a reference.........that's you and Project Fear in the Brexit debate.

The analogy doesn't work that well when reused, try being original for once.

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

I must say, that reply has an air of propaganda about it. And failed propaganda at that: Leave's suggestion of how money savings could be spent couldn't possibly happen until we've actually brexited. Whereas remain's predictions of what would happen immediately following a vote to leave have been proven by events to be blatant lies.

You completely miss the point I made, which is Remain not seeing immediate economic catastrophe is good for the people, it makes them happy, whereas Leave potentially not seeing jobs, less immigration or more independence, would make people very unhappy, get it now?  It is not about which were lies, but the effect these lies will have on our community, which is at real risk if the Brexiteers get nothing they voted for.

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

You completely miss the point I made, which is Remain not seeing immediate economic catastrophe is good for the people, it makes them happy, whereas Leave potentially not seeing jobs, less immigration or more independence, would make people very unhappy, get it now?  It is not about which were lies, but the effect these lies will have on our community, which is at real risk if the Brexiteers get nothing they voted for.

That's OK, nothing is written in stone, mistakes can always be rectified.

11 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

The analogy doesn't work that well when reused, try being original for once.

Simoh, you don't have exclusive rights to analogies, juxtapositions, etc, even if you believe yourself to be first on the money with them. I keep trying to explain this to you. Evidently without success. 

Edited by Khun Han
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Simoh, you don't have exclusive rights to analogies, juxtapositions, etc, even if you believe yourself to be first on the money with them. I keep trying to explain this to you. Evidently without success. 

Blah blah blah, same old blah blah, rich on rhetoric, devoid of substance, fact and usefulness. I'm off for breakfast, I 'll leave you to whimper on about the country's glorious future under its newfound independence, cough cough.

2 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I need something to keep me regular although listening to Brexit arguments does do that effectively.

In your case I would have thought Imodium more effective  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It looks as if post Brexit fishermen are in <deleted> creek in a barbed wire trawler without a net.

With both remainers and leavers to vote against the government and trying to make political gain out of this tiny yet iconic industry.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/mar/23/we-have-been-hijacked-fishermen-feel-used-over-brexit?CMP=fb_gu

Of ccourse, if we remain in the Union, the fisheries can negotiate a deal but outside without any clout, they are still facing an adversarial negotiating atmosphere and can't leave that smelly creek.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Khun Han said:

It's just another Project Fear red herring simoh. It turns out that there are actually more than one-and-a-half million more EU migrants here than we were told were here, and they are still arriving in their droves. There won't really be any labour shortages for the foreseeable future. Those of us who actually live here (I believe that excludes your good self) are acutely aware that the real issues are ones of inadequate infrastructure to cope with the amount of people already living here. Britain is over-full, and then some.

More like project indoctrination on behalf cultural Marxists.

Brexit, although a logical business plan, will be sabotaged by HMGov,

which has managed to bungle everything it touched throughout

its history.

To complicate matters further,  any white UK citizen should be

considering their options, as they are now faced with the coming

Islamic conquest.

https://www.economist.com/news/britain/21739158-biggest-worry-about-planned-transitional-period-it-too-short-theres-something

The Economist is correct again

BTW, heartwarming that the UK got such magnificent support from our European friends!

The date of end 2020 always made sense since this is a where the EU move to a new seven year financial framework - negotiations amongst EU members started on 23rd Feb for this. They can now effectively effectively ignore UK input to this knowing they are covered up to 31st Dec 2020 when the current one finishes and plan their future without us from this date.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, aright said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes, very droll.

But the issue is failure to integrate. These people actually go out of their way to stand out, be different and NOT integrate. Do you think the 3.3M (<1.1%) of the ones in the USA act like that? Not in my experience; they are fully assimilated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Simoh, the day that remainers actually come up with some real, ground-changing facts is the day that brexiters will start to take serious interest in what they are saying. But we won't be holding our collective breath.

If there were to be another referendum I reckon the result would be the same but with a bigger margin. Also, Scott (admin), said that the TVForum members who wanted Brexit were in the majority.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

If there were to be another referendum I reckon the result would be the same but with a bigger margin. Also, Scott (admin), said that the TVForum members who wanted Brexit were in the majority.

But the majority of posters are old gits. So that was to be expected.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Orac said:

The date of end 2020 always made sense since this is a where the EU move to a new seven year financial framework - negotiations amongst EU members started on 23rd Feb for this. They can now effectively effectively ignore UK input to this knowing they are covered up to 31st Dec 2020 when the current one finishes and plan their future without us from this date.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes indeed. One would have thought 4.5 years would be enough even for f***wits to sort something out! 

Anyway, it will be the status quo until late 2020 and I think major changes will occur before then with most of the nincompoops consigned to history.

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1