Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

More seriously, there are a few posters in this thread that are having competitions with posters from the opposing team rather than competing on the basis of individual Brexit related arguments, that and a very sad case of last post syndrome in some cases.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, simoh1490 said:

Not at all. There's debate and then there's "debate", the latter being mostly devoid of any of the commonly accepted attributes of the former, which is exactly what you alluded to when you said you'd rarely seen anyone say, fair enough. This, is "debate".

A poor attempt at humor my friend. I should have said "don't you find that foolish?'

and yes indeed on occasion some of the replies are so far of base that a stern reply is required,

yet even then, one need to be diplomatic enough not to alienate and place that person so far in the defensive that it stops debate 

IMO we are all stupid in one way or another. What differentiates the terminally stupid from the recovering   stupid, is the recognition that we  all have being stupid in the past and try to prevent it from happening again in the future..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

A poor attempt at humor my friend. I should have said "don't you find that foolish?'

and yes indeed on occasion some of the replies are so far of base that a stern reply is required,

yet even then, one need to be diplomatic enough not to alienate and place that person so far in the defensive that it stops debate 

IMO we are all stupid in one way or another. What differentiates the terminally stupid from the recovering   stupid, is the recognition that we  all have being stupid in the past and try to prevent it from happening again in the future..

There's absolutely zero humour in that post, intentional or otherwise.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

No sorry

The issue is one of significant figures. IMO, for an issue as important as a major constitutional change, a CLEAR majority is required. In this case it is 0.5/0.5

0.6/0.4 would have been the bare minimum for stability in change.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

Or a delta of a million people.

A Delta of 1 million is 0.001 billion (American) 999.5 million v. 1000.5 million. I was always taught to only talk in millions. 

This is getting off topic but mathematics is actually relevant 

6 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

There's absolutely zero humour in that post, intentional or otherwise.

image.png.4e132320dd179edf66ab91828ad4217a.png

That's why I said a poor "attempt" , perhaps  you missed the LOL

. Remember just because you don't find it funny it does not mean that it does not contain humor. Unless of course you are the final arbitrator pf what is ans is not funny.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

image.png.4e132320dd179edf66ab91828ad4217a.png

That's why I said a poor "attempt" , perhaps  you missed the LOL

. Remember just because you don't find it funny it does not mean that it does not contain humor. Unless of course you are the final arbitrator pf what is ans is not funny.

I overlooked that and of course, it's very much an individual thing.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jip99 said:

As a Brexiteer I am delighted that the British Empire.

Only delusional remoaners keep raising the subject of the British Empire......the State of Europe is more such traits than the UK...

I am also delighted that the British Empire

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I am also delighted that the British Empire

We are all for different reasons delighted that the British Empire.....................

None as much as the Indians.

I am in the US now and it is 7:56 am here and I often forget that in Thailand it is drinking time and some of the posts reflect that. (not your but the one you replied too)

Anyway , I got a chuckle out of your reply. very funny IMO

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aright said:

My god! I would hate to see some of your engineering projects.

You would be astonished I'm sure.

In electronics, we frequently use preferred values such as 47M or 56M. Anything in between is unimportant.

As I say, 52/48 is roughly the same. I suggest some negative feedback would help you iron (bru) out the distortions!

Maybe trenches are different? No idea.

Edited by Grouse

22 minutes ago, Grouse said:

A Delta of 1 million is 0.001 billion (American) 999.5 million v. 1000.5 million. I was always taught to only talk in millions. 

This is getting off topic but mathematics is actually relevant 

Δ = difference but you may know that.

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

The Cons ONLY care about short term cash. They will agree to the sale of ANYTHING. Does anyone trust the Cons to look after our long term interest? Weak pound and cherry picking is costing us much of our high value high tech industry

Did you hear the Japanese ambassador on Radio 4? ?

Mind you the average Brexiter is most interested in jobs at a garden centre or Wimpey. 

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

At the risk of being pedantic, Cameron did indeed win small but useful concessions. These were lost thanks to Brexit gaining a bare majority.

Well as you find that assertion funny, Dundee, maybe you would like to come to the front of the class and list the concessions won; while I find a plimsole?

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Δ = difference but you may know that.

Magnificence!

I have no such symbol on my iPhone (I'll ask my kids to track down the Greek capitals for me)

I just knew my sparring partners over the years would come up trumps!

Delta! exactly! Some of our interlocutors will now understand how the delta wing got its name

Thanks!

34 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You would be astonished I'm sure.

In electronics, we frequently use preferred values such as 47M or 56M. Anything in between is unimportant.

As I say, 52/48 is roughly the same. I suggest some negative feedback would help you iron (bru) out the distortions!

Maybe trenches are different? No idea.

I think you are making up  Sh#*  But who is going to argue with you.

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I've taken two generic aspirins and a wine gum, I'm feeling quite dizzy, I shall go to bed. Keep it good humoured and funny, I look forward to reading more in the morning.

by that time there might be something about brexit on this thread  LOL

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

No, I go where the bushes are

Inverted Δ as ∇ (nabla) is used as the operator in vector calculus.

Δ (delta) denotes difference or change.

Don't catch a rash in those bushes?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grouse said:

https://www.electronics2000.co.uk/data/itemsmr/res_val.php

Oh! thee of little faith!

mathematics is important for all of us.

If Brexit had been 60% or above, I would have reluctantly accepted the majority view and walked off into the sunset. Shane! Shane!

Precisely my argument .

As an American I don't have an educated Opinion about Brexit. I follow this Thread and others , to become more so, and so far I don't see any argument to convince me that Brexit was a good idea.

But regardless of outcome , such a underwhelming consensus  will have a negative affect in the psyche of the British people that will reverberate for years, IMO the only viable option forward, is a new referendum.  

• Sad 1